Just to update this thread - the forum and the whole site has been thoroughly checked and the results are clean. The technician is still exploring how someone could get such a high post count, but it looks like this is down to the fact that a lot of back-end work was going on at the time that members were having problems with sending PMs. Hopefully everything should be OK now.

Thanks Deb!!

Seems to be fine now, it rather felt like there was work being done at the time, slowing the site down. Something odd was up, but it works like a charm now! Thanks so much again!

Well the site has been unaccesible for a while now but is now loading with the exception of the top bar that allows you to click on forums etc. I just added /forums/ to the url and got through that way

Matthew

Hi Matthew

I haven't had any formal notification that the site transfer has completed yet, so I imagine that the process is still being worked on and has yet to complete. Its good to see something happening at last, but it would probably be a good idea if member's don't post in the forum until I'm able to confirm that everything has been checked and fully restored - hopefully a matter of hours now and not days (!) Just wouldn't want anyone to make a thoughtful post which then disappears whilst the transfer is ongoing.

I'll make a new post as soon as I can confirm this.

Cheers
Deb

Still not had any formal acknowledgement that the server work is completed, but from what I can see most of the site seems to be back and running, except for the ads. If anyone notices any other peculiarities please point them out. I still intend to place a notice once I have heard from the server technician and can confirm that everything is fully resolved.
I am very sorry about the recent disturbance - for those who have not followed the posts on the skyscript Facebook page, I was sent a warning that some maintenance work was about to be done but did not receive the notice as I was travelling long distance. However, the email (which arrived on 8th May) only warned of the possibility of the site being slow or unreliable for a few hours - I am still trying to establish what exactly happened and why it caused the site to be down for over a week.

Nativities section posts

There is something wrong with the nativities section.Only the subject line shows up.
The preview is also not working.
When I go to edit the message in the nativities forum-the whole message is there but does not show up on either previewing or submitting.

Very odd!

With the same browser all is working in this section.

PD