No, I never bet.
Why on earth not? Anyone with an educated opinion, or a reasoning worth listening to, should be able to take a wager on it. It has something to do with the exercise of judgement, a sense of gravity, personal conviction and the respect of word. True, at the sports and speculation section we should and are supposed to examine theorem from an eliminative perspective, but the first reason for wanting to examine the speculative would surely stem from the wish of obtaining and taking a position.

I am sure you can find something you can put your shoulder behind or else someone would suggest you were not into exercising astrology in areas where there was an element of doubt, and I know that your inquisitive judgement is more sound and probing than as such.

Making a bet should be a token of strength of character, not an issue of foolhardiness. There are those cases of people playing around in the dark just for fun, but in the correct sense it would be a measure of that you approach the matter with due responsibility.
http://www.astronor.com

Damon wrote:I actually think the best song won last year, I still like Euphoria and it was actually a bit of a club hit - at least in London last year.
Personally, I didn't like Euphoria too much but still put money on it. In 2011 I could have kicked myself for not backing Azerbaijan and Running Scared. This was a song I liked but it wasn't until something Goca said in the aftermath about the Moon being in the Via Combust and in an unpredictable way that I cottoned on and understood it was there all the time. The price for Azerbaijan must have been about 19:1 at its best!

Honestly, I haven't spent due time going into detail on many other the other entries this year. It is much easier to form a picture on the basis of information close at hand. It is possible Goca has a point that certain constellations may promote or offer assistance to a country's entry so that it may perform better in the contest as a whole - but I do not think that this in the case of Switzerland is sufficient to win. Bear in mind the the Eurovision is a poll and a popularity contest decided by vote.

The UK entry with Bonnie Tyler is currently attracting a price of 30:1! :)

Here is an update on the odds as quoted at Unibet per March 31:

Denmark 3,25:1
Norway 7,50:1
Ukraine 12,00:1
Netherlands 12,00:1
Belarus 12,00:1
Italy 15,00:1
Sweden 15,00:1
Russia 15,00:1
Azerbaijan 15,00:1
Georgia 15,00:1
Germany 20,00:1

The Danish entry ?Only Teardrops? performed by Emmelie de Forest is so far the outright favourite according to bookmakers. Emmilie de Forest is born February 28.1993. Maybe the fact that the Danish entry was selected on 26.01.2013 and only hours ahead of a full moon could be an explaination to all the early publicity this song is receiving. From the lyrics: ?The Sky is red tonight, We?re on the edge tonight, No shooting Star to guide us?? How many times have we been guided by Shooting Stars? I don?t think the lyrics quite make it. Emmilie has her natal Sun in Pisces and the radical Moon in Virgo on May 18., the night of the final, could play ?Only Teardrops? down on the resultlist.

In comparison, the Russian entry ?What if? stands a much better chance. The title has a much better appeal to the Moon in Virgo and the artist, Diana Garipova, is born March 25. 1991. Her Sun is in Aries and mediating the opposition between Jupiter in Leo and Saturn in Aquarius by trine and sextile (What if?). It looks like her Moon could be in Leo and close to Jupiter, too. In the event chart the Moon opposes Neptune, as the lyrics call ?What if we chose to bury or guns, Why don?t we always reach out to those who need us the most?? This message could be favoured in Malm? and we have to take in consideration the votes from East bloc nations that might favour a friendly neighbour.

Andrew, I bet you are Norway's secret songwriter - it cannot be explained otherwise :lol:
I think you are right, Norway's entry is a very good one-if not the best. It reminds of Euphoria, in my opinion.
As you say, it perfectly describes the Moon in Virgo as a nurturer next aspecting Saturn in Scorpio from 12H as "a knife on the back". I don't see much of Neptune in the lyrics though.
I also wonder if Moon's application to Saturn (as lord 3H) adds further to the concept of "neighbour" country.
The first thing that caught my eye was the inconjunction between Venus and Pluto. I think that the chart for when the finals starts is supposed to say something about what the winning entry is all about. If this is the case of Margaret Berger, then for some it will only be a cool song, but for others - a Mystical insight.
Could you please explain more about this inconjunction between Venus and Pluto? How is this for the Norwegian entry?

Thanks,
Georgia

Hi Geo,
Thank you for your interest. I think Pluto is the 'Norway'-topic, being a Scorpio country. The exactness of the inconjunct between Venus and Pluto indicates something 'unavoidable'. Then I think that the inconjunct aspect reflects the 'demand' (and urgency) of the song.

I have heard other people compare 'I Feed You My Love' with last years Swedish winner 'Euphoria', but personally I think this years Norwegian entry turns in a different direction.

My personal experience of 'I Feed You My Love' is that it is a spiritual thing and about the incarnating spirit breaking into and taking it's place (claiming it, by demand) in the mundane world. Hence, I experience it is all about Neptune in Pisces (a Spiritual entity or Vision) with the Moon applying from Virgo (the Fall of Venus).

Whether this does it on the night remains to be proven, but as far as conviction goes I will take a position and make a stake as on the four previous occasions presented here at Skyscript. A position on Norway i.e. ?60 (or at whatever scale is preferable) at the odds of 7:1, and considering a hedge (some security) on Russia, ie. ?10 at the odds of 15:1, could be a strategy that offers some fun and excitement.

I am still trying to figure out the Danish entry. Does anyone have an opinion? :???:
Andrew, I bet you are Norway's secret songwriter
No, but I did perform with Alexander Rybakk (Norwegian winner, 'Fairytale') at a charity event when he was just a kid and demonstrating exception talent.

I am still trying to figure out the Danish entry. Does anyone have an opinion?
I think -as far as the lyrics are concerned- the Danish entry leaves behind a rather Libra feeling. It talks about sorting out and balancing a relationship and make evryone happy. I don't think it fits our planet configuration though.

Eye for an eye why tear each other apart
please tell me why why do we make it so hard [...]
How many times do we have to fight
how many times till we get it right
between us

Georgia

I think -as far as the lyrics are concerned- the Danish entry leaves behind a rather Libra feeling. It talks about sorting out and balancing a relationship and make evryone happy. I don't think it fits our planet configuration though.
I agree, it doesn't match! :'

In my opinion the Eurovision Song Contest is interesting in view of the various elements that make up the 'whole'. If we manage to sort out the most dominant influence in the chart and then attempt to match it with a winner, what would be the most important - the sign associated with the nation, the sun sign of the artist, or the association we make to the song?

Sorry I edited this post a few times, but it took some time to sort out my thoughts. ;)

Maybe the fact that the Danish entry was selected on 26.01.2013 and only hours ahead of a full moon could be an explaination to all the early publicity this song is receiving
Do you have in mind the song "Wildest Moments" by Jessie Ware?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMJkddvJ4L4

The danish entry "Only teardrops" reminds me a lot of it, which can be an explanation for its immediate popularity..

Eurovision 2013

Some years the Eurovision is quite difficult to predict (2011 in particular), but in other years a winner can be clearly identified. This year I took a look and quickly identified Norway. I had a look to see what Andrew had predicted, given his previous record of accurate predictions, and was pleased to see that he had also selected Norway, although we had reached the decision by slightly different routes.

I looked at the chart to see if I could identify whether the winner would be male, female, a duet or a larger group. All the signs suggested a female soloist. The ruling planet (whether you take Mars or Pluto) is ultimately disposited by venus. The sun, which is angular and could be indicative of a male singer, is also disposited by venus. The moon in a prominent position at the top of the chart, also suggested a female singer. When I looked at the songs and noticed that the top favourites were all female soloists, this confirmed my initial prediction.

So which one of those favourites should it be? My rule of thumb is that the winner should be at odds of 10 to one or less, and certainly no longer than 20 to one. Taking the odds from Betfair, that only leaves Denmark, Ukraine, Norway and (with odds over 10 to 1) Russia. The best match was Norway, based on the chart of both the country and the singer. I was looking for earth and air elements to be emphasised. I was also looking for exact conjunctions to the MC. Margaret Berger?s venus conjunct the MC of the final, combined with Norway?s MC and Mercury conjunct the Sun of the Eurovision final chart were deciding factors for me.

The placement of the moon should never be underestimated, because that is how the public will feel at the time of the final. Predictions and polls are made at a time when the moon is in a different position, so are not always fully accurate. The moon can indicate whether or not the public is on track. Afflictions to the moon suggest the public is off track, good aspects suggest that the public is right. When Lena won in 2012 she was not the favourite. Azerbaijan was the clear favourite but the moon was applying to a conjuction of Pluto and also made a separating aspect from Uranus, indicating that the mood could change. In the end, Lena won as the second favourite. This year the moon is opposing Neptune. The public is not seeing clearly. The most likely cause of confusion is the current favourite Denmark, whose natal Neptune falls within a degree of Neptune in the Eurovision chart. A Neptune return is not a strong enough aspect to indicate success. Personal planets such as venus provide much stronger testimony.

The moon is in virgo and the public will favour a virgo look. Margaret Berger, with her natal moon in virgo is the perfect example of such a look. Her white dress covers her completely and her hair is in a traditional style. I missed the venus Pluto inconjunct that Andrew noticed but I do think she expresses it well. The lyrics suggest love and pain combined, and there is something compelling about her performance. She manages to be both compelling and understated and this could make her shine when compared with other acts that try too hard. I also like the title ?I feed you my love?. The feeding is suggested by the prominent and practical virgo moon. The word love is statistically an advantage in a Eurovision song title. Overall the indications for Norway?s success are powerful and the astrological conclusion is confirmed by both odds and polls.

Goca wrote:I do not know (yet) who will win , but know that our song from Serbia will not. :,

I cast the chart for question: Will "Moje 3" go to final?

Data for chart: 9 Mar 2013 6:58pm Beograd, Srbija, ASC=5Li46

Because I do not like their song "Moje 3" gets 7 house ruler Ma which is Under Sun's Beam and in turned 12 house. This placement tell us that they will be somehow "isolated", they will not be center of attention. Next, Moon is VOC, so there will be no change at all, so they will not go to final. Moon is voters and is in no dignity of Ma, so voters are not interested in them at all.
I was right, they did not go to final!
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Goca wrote:Let's see if this would work.
Moon represent voters and because Moon exalts Mercury, that would mean that winner song must be Mercury's "type". The only tittle from all songs that fits is "You and Me"(Switzerland) because Mercury means at least two, especially as in this case where Mercury is in mutable sign. Mercury is also ruler of Switzerland which is in Virgo sign.
This method did not work, they did not go to final.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Goca: Switzerland was a hard case. You were bold in suggesting their success. Maybe you did it without considering the musical content or other factors. Whether the technique you suggested has anything to offer in determining the winner, can be worked out in the aftermath when we see how things work out.

Fixed Star: Thank you! That was rather an interesting contribution you made there with a backtrack and several interesting observations on previous winners. Thank you also for summing up some of my thoughts in such an orderly manner.

Either way it is going to be exciting. Judgement can only be measured up according to a best fashion, and a weakness in my analogy would be that I have not gone into the same detail and depth on every entry. Let's face it - this is first and foremost an exercise in judgement and unravelling. How do we listen in to the chart, and can we recognize what people are 'expecting to hear' or put at the top of the list?

Ukraine climbed on the odds ranking after polishing up their entry 'Gravety' and providing a presentation video that reminded of the movie Avetar. Avetar is Neptunian and 'Gravety' is Saturn - but I am not sure the meanings are combined in the right fashion. Both Denmark and Ukraine have for more hits on Youtube than the Norwegian entry, but this could also be explained by the fact that Norway is a country with a population of a mere 5 million people - so such ratings might give the entire picture.

Some of the entries are rather 'wild', but that is interesting in terms of where they are coming from - and other times in terms of how cultures try to approach one another. :)