I have to write an answer to Mark's post but let me make it clear before I am made a villain :lol:

Hindus have never been called Buddhists nor Budhhists by the name of Hindus. As back as 1931 Sir Muhammad Iqbal clearly told in a congregation that he saw two separate states and he identified the likely boundaries. British were ready to give a gradual autonomy to the India but the question for minority interests had been boiling since 1906'.

IMO, Cheiro had answers but he cooked up the explanation.

I would call that he demonstrated his Art according to his statements in books but there is something fishy.

:)
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Mark,
I missed that thread. Would you mind giving me the link please?
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 24&start=0

Although, I think it just as likely his prediction on Edward VIII came from a Palmistry reading for him. Still, I find his concept of sign periods interesting.

Since you have made a long term study of Cherio can you tell us any more about that?
This reading more looks like a Palmistry reading. Character traits more easily read from a palm then saying that he was born in a certain sign etc. Heart matters interfering or seriously hampering career is typically read in a line/lines from heart attacking a portion of line of fate between line of head and heart plus some malformation in the line of Sun coinciding with the period. I have not been able to determine when and where he saw King Edward VIII hand, however he had his astrological data. The Point with Cheiro is that he freely uses Plamistry, Numerology, Kabalah and Astrology and its difficult where one art ends and other starts from him.

Also are you aware of any other books by Cheiro that touch on the subject of mundane astrology?
Cheiro wrote following books on Astrology

-Cheiro's When were you born

A typical Sun Sign book

Cheiro's You and Your Star

A ready reckoner. Combines Numerology and Zodiacal Sign. Strongly recommended

-Cheiro's World Predictions

Only this book as a topic discusses Mundane Astrology.

To be Continued....
Regards

Morpheus

Gryffindor
Let us accept what you have been labouring to prove: Cheiro was a charlatan and knew little of the Art. And then let us close this discussion because when I posted the chart and Cheiro's comments on it, my idea was quite far from focussing on Cheiro. But if we look at the 23 posts so far, we'll see that's precisely what we've done.
Ta ta.

Gryffindor wrote:Mansoor,

The members have adequately discussed King Edward VIII chart and I did not intervene in that analysis/discussion. Did I?
Unfortunately, this discussion is not happening in your drawing room, so let's not talk about intervening or not intervening. If you did not 'intervene' in the astrological analysis, it might be because you had nothing to say. This is a public forum and people will comment on what they want to comment on. If you would like to carry on discussing the important questions that you raised with a member independently, please message them personally. Otherwise, expect people to 'intervene'. :)

Mark,

Cheiro's World Predictions (Sagar Publications, Ved Mansion-72 Janpath, New Delhi Edition 1987)

Cheiro in introductory pages tells us that in order to succeed as a Mundane Astrologer one has to be well conversant with the history of the region/country under consideration.

(P.24)
Apart from the study of what is called Mundane Astrology, I employ a system of mental concentration which I learned during my sojourn in India and followed up in later years in my studies in Occultism. In using this method I endeavour to absorb the past history of whatever country is occupying my attention, paying special attention to the periodical cycles that appear to influence its destiny...
According to him different regions/countries are ruled by Zodiac Signs and planets ruling those zodiac signs. For example Great Britain is ruled by Mars (Aries), however, London is ruled by Mercury (Gemini). France is ruled by Leo (Sun) and Paris is ruled by Mercury. I have not evidenced any chart in the book. But judging from the Mystery School he belongs, naturally whenever he constructs a chart for Great Britain, he has to put Aries as a first house. He has interesting manner of showing that Monarch's chart influences the Country which he is ruling.

(P.84)
...This will be a period when His Majesty (King George) will be particularly exposed to danger of illness and accidents of all kinds, especially those caused by or from the air. These portents are strange and ominous and full of meaning for the entire Empire, but still more directly for London, placed as it is under Gemini the first house of Air ...
Cheiro suggests that Age of Aquarius started in 1762

(P.170 Ch XI)
The first vibrations of what is called the New Age Aquarian Age, caused by the ?Precession of the Equinoxes? entering the Sign of Aquarius, commenced, roughly speaking, about the year A.D. 1762...
He shows glimpses of following the mystery school but hides the technique and as usual detracts. He has an answer but cooks up explanations.

(P.196)
The opposition of Saturn to Jupiter from January 10th, 1931 makes the outlook still worse and reduces all promise of any immediate improvement (detraction starts-?) Jupiter, called the planet of expansion, is completely over-ruled by the bad aspects from both Saturn and Mars.....
His prediction regarding India has proven correct but it seems like a political commentary at first.

(P.217)
..That Buddhists and Mohammedans will join together to make India a united nation, is out of question. The utmost one can hope for is that, in a native government, they would form opposition parties and so rule the country together. The danger is , however, a form of religious-civil war that will keep the country in a state of continual upheaval.
But whatever, may happen to the future internal systems of India, the one thing that becomes more and more evident is, that England will not be able to hold that country in subjection as she has done in the past. The best thing she could be to give India her independence and make that vast country with its teeming millions a friend, and not an enemy
The Cheiro appears to use ?Conjunctions? in his system of Mundane Astrology. This Conjunction s may be major like ?Saturn and Jupiter? and could be minor like Saturn and Mars.

I had typed it earlier. But as Mansoor has commanded me to stop. I am leaving it right here :)
Regards

Morpheus

Mansoor,

Mansoor wrote:
Unfortunately, this discussion is not happening in your drawing room, so let's not talk about intervening or not intervening. If you did not 'intervene' in the astrological analysis, it might be because you had nothing to say. This is a public forum and people will comment on what they want to comment on. If you would like to carry on discussing the important questions that you raised with a member independently, please message them personally. Otherwise, expect people to 'intervene'.
Sir, Mansoor please tell Mark to send his entire post to me in a 'Private Message'. If you can see. I was answering his post and if you say. As you say, Sir, that "this is a public forum and people will comment on what they want to comment" then what problem do you have with my commenting?
Regards

Morpheus