AA's astrological essay contest for young astrologers: 18-35

The Astrological Association of Great Britain is holding a competition for original essays by young astrologers. To be defined as a "young astrologer" you have to be aged between 18 and 35 years old by the closing date of 1st August 2013 - which sadly rules me out by just a few months.

There are five prizes on offer - full details are on this PDF link:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/pdf/essay_competition.pdf

I was notified by Editor of The Astrological Journal, John Green, that my essay submission was awarded 3rd Prize!
My essay will be published in the November issue of the Journal!
Western Predictive Astrology by Estebon Duarte Independent Researcher AMA MACAA
Natal Chart & Annual Solar Revolution Reports
www.organic-astrology.com

congratulations! i don't suppose they give a copy of this publication on the net for us to read, or that you will share your essay on your website? congrats either way and hope you continue to publish astro works..

Congratulations Estebon. Just so you know, you retain your own copyright of articles published in the Journal, so you are free to publish it yourself afterwards if you wish. Most magazines and journals prefer it if you wait a few months so that they get a period of exclusivity. This is my understanding of the AA's standard practice and I believe it will probably apply to the submissions of their competition too.

thanks very kindly estebon! perhaps you can share it here at skyscript for everyone after a certain amount of time has passed as deb suggests.. i would be happy to read it and i know others would too. cheers james

Deb wrote:Congratulations Estebon. Just so you know, you retain your own copyright of articles published in the Journal, so you are free to publish it yourself afterwards if you wish. Most magazines and journals prefer it if you wait a few months so that they get a period of exclusivity. This is my understanding of the AA's standard practice and I believe it will probably apply to the submissions of their competition too.
Thanks for the info Deb! I will post a link to the article shortly.

my apologies for such a late reply! time flies while planets spin -

here is a link to my ISSUU account where I will post articles prior to publishing them on my website;

http://issuu.com/estebon_duarte

I intended to change the title of the essay in an attempt to draw attention away from the cultural assumptions made about lots, parts, etc. I had hoped this was explained within the essay as particular to the text used and the context given.

Please do comment, I am attempting to flesh out more of the subtlety in Nizami's practices as and portrayals of the Astrologer.

Anyways follow the link to see the article as it was submitted to the AA Young Astrologers Contest. The Astrological Association is an excellent institution and they provide a wonderful publication, I suggest joining/subscribing.

thanks Estebon! i am going to read it right now.. regards - james

15 minutes later - i read it!@ good stuff. the part of the unseen translates as the part of spirit. having it on the ascendant will only happen in a new moon birth. it will land on the descendant on a full moon. it also states the ruler of the mansion in aspect to this is considered favourable for astro prognostication...

the stories you relayed were enjoyable to read and would be a source of curiousity for many of us interested in understanding why some predictions are more successful then others, going back to the chart of the astrologer-fortune teller.. i think the fly on the ascendant suggesting her son was back at home was especially unique!!!

thanks for sharing.