Questions for a planet in max elongation or cazimi

Greetings!
Recently two charts in this forum drew my attention. Both of which has a Venus in her max elongation. One is, Jeanne Calment (link here), world's oldest person, with her Venus as Alcocoden which is related to her longevity; the other is Sam Cooke (link here) , with his Venus as (at least a candidate) of his occupation significator.
I understand max-elongation is a part of cycle for inner planet. In regard to solar cycle, I paid much attention to stationary and heliacal rising/setting previously. Thanks to your opinions here, I started to notice the influence of max elongation.
The following are my questions:
a)What kind of delineation should we give for a inner planet at its max elongation? Ancient astrologers are visual astrologers, so is there any correlation between brightness (magnitude) and planetary fitness?
b)A phase of heliacal rising/setting is usually set to 7 days. Period of an inner planet in max elongation seems to be much shorter, which means that the requirement of max elongation is more strict than helical phases. A planet in helical phase can be candidate of Kurios (or victor of chart), can we give similar emphasis with planet in max elongation?
c)Speaking of planetary cycle with Sun, cazimi is also one but of not as frequent use as stationary/helical phase. Then under what condition should we use this?
Sorry for my stupid questions. Ancient English is too abstruse for me so I did not read many ancient books.

Hi Haydon

There are many references to show that increase or decrease of visibility is tied to the notion of increase and decrease of strength, or planetary force, so a quick answer to your first question (all I have time for today) is yes. Being at maximum elongation is similar to solar opposition for the Moon and superior planets. The planetary influence is at its strongest, but it can also be immoderate, and because it represents a point of change, it has association with changes and reversals. Paulus refers to these positions as "stations", which shows how they can bring out the theme of change that we associate with planets that are changing direction.