Re: Grand Cross

Nathan wrote:Am i the only one to think that many astrologers out there - i'm not necessarily making reference to the ones in here - are hyping up this Grand Cross?

Most of it, it seems to me at any rate, is irresponsible doom-mongering.
Well, I don't think it's hyped, it really is an exceptional cross BUT that said, the fact that 2 of the planets, with quite a profile as well, are retrograde and the New Moon ruling or guiding (take your pick) it was in Aries imply to me that the progress (or result) can be (quite?) delayed. Also with the strong Aries tilt there may be a lot of seeding going on and it will still take some time before it comes to shape a form.

As for doom-, fear- or scaremongering, you will always see that, but sometimes it can be a fine line to walk touching on serious matters that actually are in play, and shouldn't be swept under the carpet, but doing it delicately to not wake up fear isn't easy. Time will tell and I suspect it pretty much business as usual in that you really wont see what took place until you have got some distance to it.
/Joakim

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun every year.

http://www.astrocalc.com

nathan,

thanks for bringing this controversial idea up. i agree with you.. while i think the grand cross - a modern concept of giving a description to the shape of position of 4 planets - has relevance, it is not a slam dunk how one interprets it.. it is far easier to focus on 1 square then it is 4. in this case a couple of the planets or non planets are moving very slowly so the energy of this outer couple - uranus and pluto - will continue to be felt and hang around for an extended time. trying to pinpoint some specific event off a pattern like this is a bit of a joke as i see it.. but people love to take their computer programs and fine tune the exact moment of things, even if in real life timing some major event off outer planet transits is something difficult to impossible to predict without consideration of other factors/charts.. now, this is all as i see it and i have to accept others have different viewpoints from me, but thanks for bringing this up regardless.

fwiw - i view this ongoing uranus/pluto square as coming out in the newly created conflict with russia and the usa over ukraine. keep an eye on that, as i think it connects back to this..

Thanks for the comments, James and Joakim.

These are head lines from astrology videos concerning the grand cross - it does't sit easy with me - due mainly, to the ludicrous comments posted on these videos/facebook pages.

Some of the 'headlines' are:

"I wonder if the world will still be the same in 72 hours"?

"tells you how the Grand Cross Alignment of 2014 will create one area of disruption in your life, followed by a feeling of frustration, then an experience of redemption or salvation, which will culminate in an experience of transformation".

"Those lucky few?"

and

"The old structures are collapsing and change is guaranteed".

These videos generate responses such as these:

"I cannot imagine yet it could be noted that it is better to be over the top than to be under the bottom! We shouldn't fear our emotional base it is the voice of Angels as there is no real language to them, it is all in the Heart! We sing from the heart and the emotions are the key to unlocking the Melody of our lives! Today is a 44-5, a 13 which is a 4 and not a 7 because we cannot live to be 1000! :)
Officially today is a 13 Universal Day holding the 44 as an expression of the Power of the True Altar and the 5 which is the Freedom by building from within! It is Lawful to Feel like stone!"

and

"As an extremely sensitive and sentient person, I am feeling very strong red energy in the lower half of my body and at the back of my heart / scapular bones this week - almost as if I am being used as a vehicle to transmute it from red to pink (anger to compassion). Not my ego, may I add, thinking I am some super duper Being of Love and Light, but just how I am feeling. Very tiring, but just trusting and going with the flow."

What?
Is it drugs?
I'd like some of whatever they're on please!

I think that the information from these videos is basically irresponsible - mind you, i've noticed the view count on many of the youtube channels has gone through the roof lately - so i could have my foot in the wrong camp - but i doubt it.

OK, what ever someone wants to think - that;s OK with me. But encouraging comments like these on pro astrologers websites is hardly doing the reputation of astrology any good, is it?

I'm sorry if i'm being very so slightly insensitive here - but i thought that Astrology was ruled by Mercury, not Uranus. Come on, we're thinkers, not weirdos!

With Pluto involved in the grand cross, I wouldn't get too worked up about it on the grounds that its only been "elevated" to consciousness since its discovery in 1930. So data on its influence is still somewhat limited.

We have more historical data to compare with, in regards to Uranus and of course pre-Saturn planets goes without saying.
Libra Sun/ Pisces Moon/ Sagittarius Rising