can people here explain everything that happens...

...in their life? (using only traditional techniques of course)

For me, I can explain the majority of events that happen in my life by looking at return charts, transits, etc. etc., however some events that have happened in my life (like a car crash for example), seem to absolutely defy explanation and as a result it totally wrecks my confidence in my own ability, and even my faith that I have the right birth time to begin with! For some of the more experienced astrologers here, Is this normal to sometimes not be able to explain/see every moderately important event in the chart?

I think the "non-response" to your question here could be explained in 2 different ways:

- it's Holiday Season

- nobody can/is willing to, answer your question

:)

Lately I 've been taking up study of hellenistic astrology, and there I got confirmation of what I 'd encountered earlier with medieval and surely modern astrology: not one single technique of prediction is capable of showing all the "events" in one's life.
I think I read it in an article (or reaction in a forum) by Curtis Manwaring, or (and) Robert Hand made the remark somewhere, probably lots of other authorities did so as well: some predictive techniques seem to work better for one person/chart, and less so for another person/chart.

After all, Life is a Mystery, right?

OK, that s a lame remark, but in the same "orden" I think, we are not able to give a definite value of the number Pi, yet we are able to send a probe to Mars and get pictures from there...
(we can do a lot, but it's not perfect)
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

Re: can people here explain everything that happens...

AstroNovice wrote:...in their life? (using only traditional techniques of course)

For me, I can explain the majority of events that happen in my life by looking at return charts, transits, etc. etc., however some events that have happened in my life (like a car crash for example), seem to absolutely defy explanation and as a result it totally wrecks my confidence in my own ability, and even my faith that I have the right birth time to begin with! For some of the more experienced astrologers here, Is this normal to sometimes not be able to explain/see every moderately important event in the chart?
Valens says that some charts are more "chrematistikos" (busy or telling) than others. As Schmidt has said in the past, if some things weren't decided at the nativity, then it might come up at one of your returns.

It's impossible to get complete omniscience, but if you haven't tried primary directions, zodiacal releasing, profections, etc, then you haven't tried hard enough. I've found many things that stumped me in the early days that I now understand much more completely.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

-hervaro

thanks for your reply, I suppose that could be true.

-zoidsoft

honestly, I have only dabbled with zodiacal releasing and profections, while with regards to primary directions I don't even know where to start. I have tried calculating primary directions with the morinus software, but there are so many different options that give out so many different results that I have temporarily given up on trying to do primary directions. That being said, I have a few questions for you:

Firstly, regarding profections, is there a good source/book that covers those? I generally know enough about the technique to utilize it, however most times the return charts and transits tell me all I need to know, and I don't see it as necessary to add in profections as well, however I keep hearing people talk about how useful and powerful they are, so I am interested in trying to learn more about them.

Secondly, regarding primary directions is there a website or a primer on what settings to use for primary directions on morinus? I have found a few articles detailing how to use them, and I even have the book by martin gansten, however I still find myself clueless about how to properly do them using morinus. It just seems like everybody is saying something about the proper settings for morinus PDs, but I feel like not everybody can be right... (Does your astrology program feature user friendly primary directions btw?)

Thirdly, I have downloaded and tried using the timaeus zodiacal releasing software, and I haven't really found zodiacal releasing to be conclusive yet, however like I said, I have only dabbled in it so far. Its really something I'll have to read more about and play around with. Are there any books about zodiacal releasing I can read? Or any online courses for it? (I have already read all of your articles about it, very informative!) Also I intend on buying your software sometime in the distant future when I begin working again, so I think that your software will definitely help make the usefulness of zodiacal releasing more apparent to me. (one major issue I have is that my POF straddles pisces and aries so I have to rectify my POF, hopefully your software will help me with that.)

AstroNovice wrote:Firstly, regarding profections, is there a good source/book that covers those? I generally know enough about the technique to utilize it, however most times the return charts and transits tell me all I need to know, and I don't see it as necessary to add in profections as well, however I keep hearing people talk about how useful and powerful they are, so I am interested in trying to learn more about them.
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vet ... entire.pdf
(See book 4 in particular)
Secondly, regarding primary directions is there a website or a primer on what settings to use for primary directions on morinus? I have found a few articles detailing how to use them, and I even have the book by martin gansten, however I still find myself clueless about how to properly do them using morinus. It just seems like everybody is saying something about the proper settings for morinus PDs, but I feel like not everybody can be right... (Does your astrology program feature user friendly primary directions btw?)
User friendly and primary directions do not belong in the same sentence. :) That being said, while PD's aren't for beginners, I have grouped my selections into "schools" in the Themes section that allows you to double click and get all the base settings for that direction type. My software focuses mostly on traditional (in fact based upon Martin Gansten's course since I am a graduate) and less so on modern innovations though I did work on Polich-Page directions.
Thirdly, I have downloaded and tried using the timaeus zodiacal releasing software, and I haven't really found zodiacal releasing to be conclusive yet, however like I said, I have only dabbled in it so far.
Which? Timaeus doesn't have ZR, you must be referring to the Zodiacal Aphesis app I did back in 1997.
Its really something I'll have to read more about and play around with. Are there any books about zodiacal releasing I can read? Or any online courses for it? (I have already read all of your articles about it, very informative!) Also I intend on buying your software sometime in the distant future when I begin working again, so I think that your software will definitely help make the usefulness of zodiacal releasing more apparent to me. (one major issue I have is that my POF straddles pisces and aries so I have to rectify my POF, hopefully your software will help me with that.)
On my website, I've done some youtube videos on the subject for Schwarzenegger, Carson and Bush 43...

http://www.youtube.com/zoidsoft
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC