Well, the plot thickens. Another update!

I tried to schedule an inspection yesterday. The inspector I chose came highly recommended. When I contacted him, his wife answered because he was out with a client. The wife took down my name, the property address, and my real estate agent?s name. We then scheduled an appointment for next Thursday.

A couple hours later, my agent called me. The inspector had just contacted her. It turns out this guy had done the housing inspection for the previous buyers whose contract fell through (these buyers used a different agent, not the one I am working with). The inspector offered to share that inspection with us for free, rather than having to pay him again for the same work. Apparently, it is perfectly okay for us to use this previous inspection. My agent said we just have to have an inspection?our contract doesn?t say we have to pay for a new one ourselves.

Our agent had already looked at the report and said there were ?issues? with the house. She forwarded the inspection to me and my partner. We went over it in detail. There are a lot of little things, but also some major problems. For one, almost all of the duct work in the house is sagging, corroded, and lacking proper insulation. This alone would cost several thousand dollars to fix. There are also some plumbing issues, and some problems with the wiring. We?d need to get a plumber and electrician out there to give us a good estimate of how much it would cost to fix those things. My BF would also want a structural engineer to evaluate the foundation. The inspection noted that several doors and windows were binding in their frames and no longer closing properly. These problems can happen when a house is ?settling out of plumb? according to my boyfriend. Sometimes this can fixed with minor adjustments, but sometimes there is nothing to be done and the problem will just continue to get worse. Wow.

My agent suggested getting the seller to further reduce the price. But my BF and I really aren?t sure we want to deal with all this stuff. We probably could come up with a sales price that would leave us enough left over to fix the house--BUT the seller may not be able to afford to sell us the house at the price. From the our previous negotiations, I have gathered that the seller needs to meet a certain bottom line with the sale. Sure, the house is beautiful aesthetically. I love the look and location of the house. But I don?t have the time and energy oversee major repairs. (We definitely feel that we would want to do the repairs ourselves, rather than asking the seller to do it). It looks like we will also cancel our contract. I am meeting with agent later on today to go over options.

One thing that always intrigued me about the chart was the Moon?s contact to Mercury. The Moon?s last contact before entering Pisces was a trine to Mercury Rx. The Moon's final aspect before leaving Pisces is a square to this same Mercury Rx. Up thread, we had discussed that Mercury Rx can refer to information being withheld. And now I have this withheld information! I not only have the inspection, but I have also learned that the previous buyers did NOT cancel their contract because they couldn?t get financing. They cancelled it because of the inspection. And now it looks we will cancel ours on the basis of the very same inspection! Interesting, no?

Namaste--LP
Allow yourself to be molded by your own talents.

My pronouns are she, her, hers

What a lovely horary, thank you so much for posting.
Mars on AC... the seller REALLY wants to do the deal with you. But you as Venus are in his detriment, so you don't want to.
Moon, ruler of 10th, the price, in a mutable sign and a critical degree... definitely negotiable.
Bottom line... the house in detriment of venus... it just won't suit you.
Moon applying to Neptune shows the confusion and lack of clarity imo.

Thanks for the head up on mercury Rx. Will watch for that in future.
Good luck with finding something that suits you better.
Susannah

Leo-Poet wrote:There are a lot of little things, but also some major problems. For one, almost all of the duct work in the house is sagging, corroded, and lacking proper insulation. This alone would cost several thousand dollars to fix. There are also some plumbing issues, and some problems with the wiring. We?d need to get a plumber and electrician out there to give us a good estimate of how much it would cost to fix those things. My BF would also want a structural engineer to evaluate the foundation. The inspection noted that several doors and windows were binding in their frames and no longer closing properly. These problems can happen when a house is ?settling out of plumb? according to my boyfriend. Sometimes this can fixed with minor adjustments, but sometimes there is nothing to be done and the problem will just continue to get worse. Wow.
this definitely sounds like a retrograde Saturn in Scorpio + Pluto on 4th cusp to me.
Leo-Poet wrote:My agent suggested getting the seller to further reduce the price. But my BF and I really aren?t sure we want to deal with all this stuff. We probably could come up with a sales price that would leave us enough left over to fix the house--BUT the seller may not be able to afford to sell us the house at the price. From the our previous negotiations, I have gathered that the seller needs to meet a certain bottom line with the sale. Sure, the house is beautiful aesthetically. I love the look and location of the house. But I don?t have the time and energy oversee major repairs. (We definitely feel that we would want to do the repairs ourselves, rather than asking the seller to do it). It looks like we will also cancel our contract. I am meeting with agent later on today to go over options.
malefic in detriment on an angle, opposition to Uranus, square Pluto. despite Mars' signification over the seller, he's still a malefic casting a frustrating shadow on the entire affair. it's so reliable it's stunning -- when a malefic is on an angle, expect nothing but disappointments and dashed hopes from the question.
http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

The stone house contract has been officially cancelled. We have another house under contract now. Perhaps the moon's final contact to ME Rx also indicates a "contract do-over." Mercury in a mutable sign suggests instability and change. Uranus on the seventh cusp suggests an abrupt change related to the seller.

My sig in this chart is a strongly dignified benefic, which could also symbolize that I am being protected in this matter. Also note that Venus applies to a sextile to Jupiter, another indicator of protection. Jupiter is L6. Would a housing inspector be considered a sixth house person, I wonder?
Allow yourself to be molded by your own talents.

My pronouns are she, her, hers