Does horary work?

Hi
I have a problem with horary.
I just asked if I should go to a certain place tonight.Negative answer.Then I wanted to ask about another,but I was aware that answer would be the same as the chart was basically the same,which makes me wonder if Horary is a feasible way to do astrology,or at least to ask certain questions?

thanks
Last edited by Ivanastrolog on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, Ivana, and welcome aboard!
Then I wanted to ask about another,but I was aware that answer would be the same as the chart was basically the same
The answer would not be the same because the question isn't the same.
You may want to check this topic out

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8389

It was posted rather recently and it actually provides an example of two charts cast at around same time for two completely different questions (and by different persons).
Such situations aren't really common in practice (which is what makes this example worth a closer examination) but they aren't impossible either.

A single chart captures all spheres of our lives and it is actually quite legitimate to use a single chart in order to deliver answers to multiple questions.

However, whilst it is possible to receive a question at a certain time and to to get a task of finding a missing person who was first reported missing at that same time (which gives us two equal charts), as I already mentioned, in reality, such things don't happen very often to a single astrologer.

One thing that is equally important in Horary Astrology as delivering a correct answer is asking the question in a proper manner. The Astroolger should always make sure that the question is valid, asked correctly and for a good reason. Analying a Horary chart isn't all that much easier than analysing any other astrological chart and undertaking such a complex task should be done with a good reason. Asking endless questions about a single topic or sitting or drawing charts one after another in a short period of time is not the ultimate example of a thorough approach to either the topic or the virtue. If a person has two equally important questions that need to be answered then, personally, I would advise her to include both questions into a single reading. I see no reason why a medical issue should require a separate chart if that same person is equally interested in finding a new job. Again, it might not be a very common practice but it is a legitimate approach- in his book "Christian Astrolology", William Lilly offers such examples.

Cheers,

aglaya

Horary astrology is quite feasible. Asking about job, boss, coworkers, salary etc. at the same time in one question is not problematic. Mixing questions with variety of issues (job, love, wealth, health..) is legitimate but it is hard to get right answers without asking the querent extra-questions.
I try to explain to the querent that it is good to make priority and let him ask the question which makes him (her) sleepless.

Trojan
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

aglaya wrote:Hi, Ivana, and welcome aboard!
Then I wanted to ask about another,but I was aware that answer would be the same as the chart was basically the same
The answer would not be the same because the question isn't the same.
You may want to check this topic out

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8389

It was posted rather recently and it actually provides an example of two charts cast at around same time for two completely different questions (and by different persons).
Such situations aren't really common in practice (which is what makes this example worth a closer examination) but they aren't impossible either.

A single chart captures all spheres of our lives and it is actually quite legitimate to use a single chart in order to deliver answers to multiple questions.

However, whilst it is possible to receive a question at a certain time and to to get a task of finding a missing person who was first reported missing at that same time (which gives us two equal charts), as I already mentioned, in reality, such things don't happen very often to a single astrologer.

One thing that is equally important in Horary Astrology as delivering a correct answer is asking the question in a proper manner. The Astroolger should always make sure that the question is valid, asked correctly and for a good reason. Analying a Horary chart isn't all that much easier than analysing any other astrological chart and undertaking such a complex task should be done with a good reason. Asking endless questions about a single topic or sitting or drawing charts one after another in a short period of time is not the ultimate example of a thorough approach to either the topic or the virtue. If a person has two equally important questions that need to be answered then, personally, I would advise her to include both questions into a single reading. I see no reason why a medical issue should require a separate chart if that same person is equally interested in finding a new job. Again, it might not be a very common practice but it is a legitimate approach- in his book "Christian Astrolology", William Lilly offers such examples.

Cheers,

aglaya
You misunderstood me. I asked if I should drive in a certain direction for a certain purpose,the answer was negative,then I asked if another direction would be good.The chart was basically the same

To be honest, your questions seem to be a little bit confusing indeed, Ivan.

"go to a certain place tonight"
would be signified by the sigificator of a certain house for the place rather than by significators of directions.

"drive in a certain direction for a certain purpose"
would be signified by the signficator of a certain house for the pupose rather than by significators of directions.

. . . possibly.

So what?

Why do you not post your questions and the charts, to get greater chances to be understood and to get helpful answers? :D
Last edited by johannes susato on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This would conform to the forum rules too, because you would not want to get answers to your horary questions, but only tecchnical answers concerning a part of the horay questions, and that is not forbidden by the rules. :' :D

johannes susato wrote:To be honest, your questions seem to be a little bit confusing indeed, Ivan.

"go to a certain place tonight"
would be signified by the sigificator of a certain house for the place rather than by significators of directions.

"drive in a certain direction for a certain purpose"
would be signified by the signficator of a certain house for the pupose rather than by significators of directions.

. . . possibly.

So what?

Why do you not post your questions and the charts, to get greater chances to be understood and to get helpful answers? :D
The purpose was the same in both questions,so ,same houses

Ivanastrolog wrote:
You misunderstood me. I asked if I should drive in a certain direction for a certain purpose,the answer was negative,then I asked if another direction would be good.The chart was basically the same
With even a little knowledge in astrology, one knows that "answers" are delivered after a thorough examination of astrological symbolism found in a chart and this rule applies to absolutely every single branch of the virtue. In its essence, a chart is neither positive or negative- each and every segment of a chart tells us something about a specific activity or sphere of live. When we examine a natal chart then we usually include all of its segments into a reading. In Horary astrology, on the other hand, we are given the possibility of focusing on a specific question and specific activity. The same chart might tell us that the person is most likely to get a job and, at the same time, that she needs to undergo a long treatment in order to cure her allergy. Or that she will not get married to a specific person but that she will earn a lot of money in the next two months. These promises are found in different houses, planets and aspects that don't necessarily intersect. When examined as a relationship chart, it is technically negative. However, if approached as a chart for a question about earnings and professional success, it can be perceived as very promising and positive.
For all these reasons, it would have been much easier to answer your question if your provided the examples of charts that you wanted to cast.

The purpose was the same in both questions,so ,same houses
Another thing worth keeping in mind is that, even when two different questions both fall into the same house, it is actually the form of question that will determine whether the answer is positive or negative. If one question is "Will i move in with my lover and end my marriage?" and the second question is "Will I move abroad?" we can assume that both persons seriously want to make a great change. In addition, both questions are mainly ruled by the 1st/7th axis. Strong influence of the 7th house, as you know, will potentially promise that the first person is most likely to stay married (status quo) whilst the second has great chances of moving to another country ( change of circumstances). So, we could say that, depending on the question, what is YES for someone, can be a NO for someone else.

Again, the need to ask questions only when they're ripe and ready to be asked remains equally important and, when that rules is respected, the astrologers don't find themselves analyzing equal charts very often.

aglaya

Re: Does horary work?

Hi,

Yes it does work. But you should understand one thing, the accuracy depends on the knowledge, skill and intuition of the one who reads the chart. People can come with different answers for the same chart. I remeber talking a leading astrologer in India, One guy send the same question to 25 astrologers, he got 25 different answers :-?

More than the laws which surgically learn the trine, aspect, sextiles,the reader should have high intutions. I havent learn astrology from anyone. But so far 90% of my horary readings are accurate. Yes it has failed also., Yesterday also I posted a question here, the answer is no from whomever responded. But from my side I say yes.

Ivanastrolog wrote:Hi
I just asked if I should go to a certain place tonight.Negative answer.Then I wanted to ask about another,but I was aware that answer would be the same as the chart was basically the same,which makes me wonder if Horary is a feasible way to do astrology,or at least to ask certain questions?

thanks
a new born astrologer

thanks
For me I think the question is less "does horary work" and more "do you have to be disciplined with horary" and for me the answer is yes you do.

Ultimately horary rests on the premise that there is something weighing upon your soul/psyche so much that you reach for the heavens for divine inspiration or solace - because the matter is so heavily weighing on your mind, the answer is readily given.

But notice it's not for every single choice or decision we make. We don't ask a horary about whether to have marmalade or jam on our toast. There are many questions we don't ask precisely because the question is not weighing on our minds like this. In older times it was recommended to pray/meditate on the question for a day or a night, in modern terms we might at least say that the matter is one which we ought to sleep on first and see if we're still troubled by it. Of course some things are time critical and we don't have that luxury.

But if you're asking "Should I go ...north!?" and the answer is no, you don't then go "Okay, should I go...south!?" and see what happens. Instead there is some other issue, you're not sure what to do and you're looking for advice generally - perhaps "what is the best direction for me to take" is the beginnings of reframing the question into something more intelligible.

For me, my approach is to imagine I have a certain quota of horaries I can ask myself in any one year - I would recommend exercising some kind of similar discipline where you limit yourself to horaries so that you only ask a horary when it's something which is important to you and which weighs upon you in a way that the outcome actually matters in a real and meaningful way to your life - not to satisfy curiosity nor to ask on a whim. In 'normal' setting this "only ask when it's necessary" idea is already taken care of in the sense that a professional horary astrologer will charge for the reading, and most people aren't in the habit of throwing away money, so will only approach an astrologer because the matter is serious enough that they're willing to pay for the answer. Are you willing to pay for these horaries for example? If not, perhaps the matter isn't close enough to the heart in the first place.

And if so, perhaps you need to spend a bit more time thinking out what it is you want to know exactly. Chances are there is something more general you have anxiety about or some fear or wish to know which is the most advantageous or safest choice of action. It's getting down to that simpler but purer expression of what's on your mind that is needed before you cast the chart.

Again, if you go to an astrologer, chances are there will be some back and forth dialogue which takes place within the context of an astrological consultation, which may, or may not, result in a horary being drawn up from an intelligible question after that question is made known and fully understood by the astrologer. But chances are there would be some teasing out of what the real issue is that you want to know about.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

thanks
There are ways to judge horary questions that involve "choices." For example, if a querent wants to ask about two applicants for the same job, one can try to assign a planet that best matches each applicant. I am not sure about directions. Maybe you would have to consider the houses, the signs and the compass directions they are associated with. I haven't done this myself though.

Also, if there are two questions on the same topic and no new developments have occurred, I believe you can refer to the original chart. But they would have to be VERY closely related. So for example, "Is this job good for me?" and "Will the job pay well?"can be answered more accurately in the same horary, I believe. But not "Is this doctor good for me?" and "Will I get well if I take this herb instead?"