Football - May 2015

Danish Cup final on May 14.

Vestsjaelland - Copenhagen, 16.00 CEST, Copenhagen
Odds: 8,00 4,20 1,45
Asc 3LI03, MC 4CN12, Moon 5AR17, POF 14LE51
Day Jupiter, Hour Jupiter/Mars (Regio) or Mars (Placidus) - on the cusp Regiomontanus.

The clue to this chart much surely be Jupiter conjunct Fortuna. Jupiter is a fortune, so the favourites should surely get it. Pity the odds are so low. Look at the reward on the underdogs. One of their challenges is that they are meeting Copenhagen on their home ground. If Copenhagen can handle a 1-0 handicap the odds may be raised to 2,28:1. The 2-0 handicap requires a 3 goal win, but the odds for this are raised to 4,3:1.

Could Mars (Lhr+L7) opposition to Saturn in any way impedite the match? It could participate to toppling the balance the one way or the other. Give the descendant to the guests, Vestsjaelland. Lord of the 7th, Mars, opposite Saturn and this could get ugly...?
Anyone with a view?
http://www.astronor.com

Wow, it's a draw 2-2!

Vestsjaelland got the first goal before Copenhagen evened it out before half time and took the lead in the first minutes of the 2nd half. But the underdogs came back again. Copenhagen won in extra play.

I give up! Jupiter conj POF looked like and obvious case, and then it is the Guards on the Bridge (turn of the planetary hour) that takes presidence. I certainly thought this testimony would be secondary to other strong arguments in the chart. :(

That is so often the problem - we have a number of indications and we have to decide which is the strongest. Looking at a match (any match) after the event it is usually possible to 'explain' the result, but I am often unhappy with my own explanation because I can also see conflicting testimonies.

There is still much to learn !

I've been out on a tour meeting clients the last week, so I am not quite focused on sports. But do take a few observations for what they are worth. I cannot recollect all the details without pushing my memory. There was a underdog home win last week in Norway where the Part of Spirit on the MC appeared to signify the victory of the home team heroes. This attracted my attention.

Today in the Norwegian first division, at 19.00 CEST, Levanger (close Trondheim) gave Brann (from Bergen) a 4-1 thrashing. This occurs while Mars is conbust (Brann translates to fire) and Jupiter was opposite Fortuna. 'Lev' means 'Live' (Liver) - there could be a Jupiter connection. Levanger delivered a home win victory at the odds of 4,5:1. I can't imagine what the handicap was worth. I missed placing a token on this game, although I spent some time studying the chart and noticed Levanger had been performing well against other strong teams.

Can Aalesund manage a draw against Odd in the Norwegian tippeliga this evening?

Odd - Aalesund, 19.00 CEST, Skien, 59N12, 9E36
Odds: 1,49 4,35 5,75
Asc 8SC30, MC 29LE23, Moon 21LI35, POF 22PI03
Day Venus, Hour Moon - Radical by triplicity, then powers with asc

The chart is radical by triplicities, which does appear to tend to share things around. The Moon is cadent, which might put the prospects of a winner into the deep. Fortuna is conjunct Chiron in Pisces, and might leave things midstream or split things two ways. And the Moon is inconjunct Fortuna, which might make way for an 'outside' result. Mars, who is L1, is combust.

I don't really know, but Aalesund are really in the need of some points after and unstable spell. Odd has been playing draws in several of their last matches. It seems fair to put the chart up for examination.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri May 29, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Bevan wrote:Odd - Aalesund 1-1!

Super! :lala
Well done Andrew. I looked at the chart and decided that you were probably right. By the time I saw your post and decided to place a small bet it was already into the second half with Odd 1-0 up. Consequently I got 6.5 for the draw :)

Oh. that is nice to hear, GB. :'

I put about ?20 on the game before start at the odds of 4,5:1, and then when Odd took the lead I went in with ?15 at the price of 6,5:1, as yourself. The latter I sold at about ?80 when Aalesund scored in the 2nd half, to take out some security. The rest stood out to the end. My final profit was close to ?160.

I think the deciding factor may have been that 3 testimonies appeared to say the same thing with no real contraries. It also appeared a plausable possibility compared with the recent statistics and fanciful enough in view of a deviation from expectation. Will have to check whether this is a winning combination that can be put to use and repeated on future occasions.

Norwegian Tippeliga

Haugesund - Start, 15.30 CEST
Odds: 1,65 3,80 5,00
Asc 3LI29 MC 5CN05, Moon 20SC01, POF 26AQ40
Day Saturn, Hour Saturn - almuten of the Ascendant

I'm giving the home team favourites the upper hand in this meeting, although they are quite evenly matched on the table. Haugesund had an impressive 4-0 win over Str?msgodset last week and are probably strutting with confidence. Start having struggled with weaker teams. Astrologically, my reason?ng being the type of radicality with Saturn holding both exaltation, triplicity and term in the ascendant. Start, the guests and ruled by the descendant, are hardly likely to benefit by the presence of the South Node in Aries in the 7th, and Mars is combust and in is final phase - hardly in the position of starting anything. Mars is in a cadent house, while Venus, L1, is in the angular 10th and located in her own terms. The Moon in the 2nd house and is Lady of the 10th, casting her antiscia close to Fortuna, so I think this is good for the favourites. Although I not quite as certain as yesterday, but it seems to test it out.

FA Cup final

Arsenal - Aston Villa,
17.30 BST London
Odds: 1,52 4,30 6,50
Asc 1SSC45, MC 12LE44, Moon 3SC34, POF 26PI21
Day Saturn, Hour Mars (Regio) - radical

I'm giving the Ascendant to Arsenal, the favourites. The Moon here is prominent, even though she is in her fall. Mars is a signicator of 'The Gunners' and he is in the same sign as the Sun and sextile the Leo Midheaven. Venus is cadent. A 0-1 handicap may be tempting at the price of 2,23:1.

FA Cup Final

Good analysis Andrew. However, I am wondering about the Moon in fall on the ascendant. This is a very vulnerable and sensitive position. Against Arsenal, I am worried about Mars, L1, being in the 8th, even if it is with the Sun. For Aston Villa, Jupiter, which I associate with their colours, is on the MC in the 10th.

That said, I am not about to go against the clear form and odds. My instinct is for a 90 min draw and Arsenal to win. I will only bet on the draw if Arsenal go 1-0 ahead. If the 90 min result is a draw, I will then bet on Arsenal, if the odds look reasonable.

Thanks, GB. I ran into a bit of trouble in my first match where the guests, Start, won 0-2. The chart radical by exaltation hasn't always proved beneficial for the home team (asc) or favourites, but my general analysis is that the exaltations show something extrodinary. The Moon being Lady of the 10th, being in the degree of her fall, could have opened the path for the underdogs by odds.

Regarding the FA Cup final I remember a match way back in the years while Ficina was moderator; the ruler of the first being Mars, in a right state on the cusp of the 7th. The first thing that happened was that a home team player ran over onto the other side of the pitch and stapled one of his opponents. He was awarded the red card in the 2 first minutes of play. I hope nothing like that occurs today - but that we get a good match.