UK Interest Rates using Ptolemy lunation method

I was looking at the lunation chart before the 2016 Aries ingress which Ptolemy did to look at prices in the coming period. It has the New Moon in the 4th house of land, foundations opposing Jupiter out of sect in detriment in Virgo. Perhaps this indicates an effect on interest rates and in turn the housing market, this coming around or just after Mr Carney will consider a rate rise.

This chart has the Saturn/Jupiter square featured in a lot of charts at around this time harmed by Mars. The new Moon has reception from Jupiter perhaps offering some protection or mitigation from rate rises for home owners. However Fortune is on Asc with both malefics and although ruler is in 10th from Fortune it is out of sect and in detriment squaring the Lot. The New Moon is not applying to anything perhaps indicating something very weak in the economy.

Does anyone have tables or times for the current apogee and perigee of Jupiter and Saturn as I can't seem to find anything out there. Ptolemy said planets moving towards apogee indicate rising prices, the opposite falling prices. Because Jupiter is retrograde I'm guessing it is not approaching or near apogee but I know little about these terms.

"Perihelion - the instant when a planet is closest to the Sun
Aphelion - the instant when a planet is furthest from the Sun."
quote grabbed from the net

these figures for perihelia in my book "the american heliocentric ephemeris 2001 - 2050" are pretty constant over the course of many years.. jupiter perihelia is listed at 14 aries 30 at present.. saturn perihelia - 4 cancer 01.. 2050 - jupiter p approx 16 aries, and saturn p approx 3 cancer 39..

"when a planet passes thru its perhelion it also reaches its maximum orbital speed".. this last comment is from the notes in the front of the book published in 1996 by neil f. michelsen.. actually the notes are quite good and worth reading - a few pages - but i don't feel inclined to type them up here!!

Thanks James, I couldn't find that data anywhere online. So I guess that means Jupiter almost reaching apogee but declining back to perigee means prices have gone as high as possible and may go down. Jupiter ruling Asc in Virgo perhaps the population will be anxious about rate rises and property prices and their relationship with property as it is 7th from 4th. Simultaneously the Moon is only applying to the perigee meaning that more rapid fluctuating prices/interest rates can only rise after hitting an all time low but rise gradually.

BTW was looking at this as part of wider themes relating to 2016-2020. Another thing I've been looking at in 2016 is Jeb Bush and Clinton's strong relationship to 2016 Aries ingress chart which has Mars on Asc and Mars on MC in UK chart which I'll post on the other thread sometime soon.

Hi Phantastikon,

It's important to know that the older definition of "apogee" referred to the point in the deferent where the planet is farthest away from earth, not the Sun: so this is what Ptolemy is referring to. (There is also an apogee of the epicycle, but they seemed to be less interested in that when looking at things like prices.)

Jupiter's apogee in 2000 was at about 10 Libra.
Saturn: about 3 Capricorn.
Mars: about 0 Virgo.
The Sun: about 13 Cancer.

These values will be valid for many decades, as the apogee progresses very slowly for each planet. So these are the values you should use when looking at prices. As you can see, they are very close to the values that James mentioned.

Best,
Ben
www.bendykes.com
Traditional Astrology Texts and Teaching

Hi Ben,

Thanks for clarifying this. I downloaded your mundane lectures the other day and listened to them in the car?. ending up some considerable distance from home. So couldn?t wait to get back and try it on something. I haven?t had time to listen to them again yet but I think you mentioned the apogee of Jupiter, I wasn?t sure how these positions shifted and it's great to now know the others.

The problem with googling this stuff is you only get heliocentric results and end up in astronomy approaching rocket science so this is really useful info!

I?ve found the audio lectures a great way of engaging with the book by the way as someone new to these techniques. The mundane examples you give are so compelling, already looking forward to listening to them again!

Cheers
P