Re: Identity crisis in a chart

astrocorreia wrote:Hi

Where would you look for identity crisis in a chart? Someone who`s at odds with his culture or looks too diferent from the average local.
4th house ruler? Or planets in that house?

Thanks
So = indentity

If you're looking for the current crisis of identity, monitors transit in the sun ....

Bit late to this thread but...

I would have thought apart from the Sun that the 1st house should be considered too. What, if any planets are in it, and their aspects? its ruler and aspects to it, would impact on identity crisis issues. After all doesn't 1st house area represent self interests?

9th house comes to mind about culture issues, same considerations as above for 1st house.

4th house is more to do with home & family, that is blood relations you descended from.
Libra Sun/ Pisces Moon/ Sagittarius Rising

without sounding redundant - one of my favourite past times, lol - it can come from a collection of places and the whole chart would benefit from consideration.. that said - ascendant area is one place to start.. sun and moon, and aspects to the lights are another important factor.. maybe it is more imagined then real - mental predisposition - which would again include a consideration of the moon and also mercury.. sounds like saturn is messing up the picture as well, but without a chart - it is like throwing jello at a wall and thinking it will stick.. need to see the chart, but it is fun to hypothesize in a vacuum!

If it's a more or less ongoing issue of low self-esteem, I'd look to hard aspects from Saturn, Neptune, or Pluto to the sun. If its a new onset of an identity crisis, then I'd look to hard aspects to the sun from the outers by transit or progression.

james_m wrote: but it is fun to hypothesize in a vacuum!
Yep! that's pretty much what lot of astrologers do, cherry picking evidence to support claims without producing ALL of the evidence.

Not having a go at anyone on these forums, but from my experience over the decades of having an interest in the subject of western astrology, this is the greatest 'curse' facing any credibility to western astrology.

Yep! that's pretty much what lot of astrologers do, cherry picking evidence to support claims without producing ALL of the evidence.
But James is correct: the question is vague and lacks context. There's a whole number of ways that this kind of predisposition could be shown in a birth chart so pointing out one or two is bound to have limited value. Was a claim actually being made here? What kind of evidence do you expect to be given when people post informally in forums to offer responses to other people's questions? :-?

james_m wrote:hi rod,

why limit it to western astrology?

i am curious to read your response!

james
Because that's all I've had time to look at.

Deb wrote:
But James is correct: the question is vague and lacks context. There's a whole number of ways that this kind of predisposition could be shown in a birth chart so pointing out one or two is bound to have limited value. Was a claim actually being made here? What kind of evidence do you expect to be given when people post informally in forums to offer responses to other people's questions? :-?
What? how is it vague and lacks context? its a pretty straightforward to the point claim about western astrology overall, which not only has relevance to this thread but to all of them on western astrology. Criticism of cherry picking by western astrologers always seems to bring about defensive comments...