mahathir mohamad

mahathir mohamad is a fascinating person and the longest standing prime minister of malaysia, although no longer pm at present.. while i was in malaysia i got the chance to talk with some people and picked up that he is very revered by the malay people.. i have always been curious about him for his outspoken views that run contrary to a lot of western mainstream thinking as well. while i was in malaysia in january of this year, i picked up an 800 page book that he wrote called 'A Doctor in the House' The Memoirs of Tun Dr Mathathir Mohamad. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1074 ... -the-house

i have read over half the book. i am coming to the conclusion mahathir has scorpio rising with saturn in scorpio square mars it's ruler.. i could be wrong and libra rising might be a better fit, but at this point and in the absence of an actual birth time for him - this is my thinking. below is a chart set for 130pm. i will try to get round to discussing the chart when i find a bit more time. the chart has a few things in common with margaret thatchers chart.. he comments on his relationship with her on page 437 of the book mentioned above.

image hosting websites

i only have about 15 pages left in this 800 page tome!

page 760 of the book has the only time and date of an event in his life shared in this book.. "I announced my decision to step down as UMNO President and Prime Minister at 5:50pm on 22nd June 2002." this would be in KL, malaysia and which reflects the chart below.. i haven't looked at it yet, so i am curious to see it as well and am looking at it for the first time.

image upload

my quick summation on this is that his resignation was on his mind for some time according to the book.. the transit of neptune over the area of the important natal square involving saturn at 8 scorpio to the inner planets of mercury/venus/mars which forms such an important part of his chart, suggests he would have cultivated the idea of 'letting go' much more during this general time frame.. he ended up staying on for an additional year on the encouragement and insistence of the political party - UMNO. i think the other astrological pointer would be the transit of saturn thru the solar 12th house in connection with his natal sun in cancer. this combo is immediately highlighted in the transit chart with the sun having returned to it's natal sign of cancer as well..

official resignation is given as 3pm on october 31 2003 - kl.. it is interesting to see the angles somewhat replicated, while the transiting sun sits exactly on the natal saturn position in mohamads chart.. chart below

adult photo hosting