james_m wrote:hi rod,

i am still curious for a response in my specific question to you.. hopefully we don't have to wait another 2 weeks for a response, LOL!

cheers james
G'day James, did you miss my response from> Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:57 am?
Libra Sun/ Pisces Moon/ Sagittarius Rising

Are we looking to predict an identity crisis? I see very little value in such a concrete prediction. Astrology becomes psychologically useful when a person goes through such a crisis and the astrologer pinpoints those transits, progressions, profections, firdaria, etc etc etc. that relate to the identity crisis. Then by pinpointing the planets/houses involved in "producing" the crisis one can shed new light upon the problem/crisis. Predictively speaking I could see it being useful to tell someone something vague like be open to the possibility of conflicts in these areas etc and what they have to teach you. But to predict it concretely would, in most cases, only serve our own ego as an astrologer.

If the the 7 major planets yield some kind of indications of this, I then look to the trans-saturnian planets (and even certain arabic parts) to see if anything is echoed by their transits etc. When Uranus transited my Sun I changed my entire view on life and got into astrology and occultism, but at the same time I was in a firdaria period of Mercury/Moon and both have relevance to my MC, with Mercury ruling and Moon squaring (Moon also there via 12th part) and the Moon also is exalted ruler of the 9th. But learning about Uranus at that time really helped me to understand what was happening and why, whereas I don't think these same themes are shown just by the Mercury/Moon indications.

An identity crisis can manifest in many different ways so specificity is important here. And again most important in my opinion is guiding someone through the crisis by using the chart and letting it tell you what is happening rather than looking for some planetary aspect or house placement that will always correspond.