Auspicious lunar mansions

Hi everyone

In the constellation of words web site I read about the lunar mansion or fixed star 'Botein' which is now at 20 taurus and when the moon transits here it is good to buy sell but avoid the sea'Robson'
My question is has anyone tested the validity of these recommendations by Arab authors and others? Second, when does the moon transits this mansion? When at 20 taurus, or when between 12,52 Aries to 25 degrees as stated by the Arab astrologers giving the fact that Botein was the second lunar mansion after alsheratan

Thank you

The only person I know who has published results of their investigations into the western Lunar Mansions is Alexandre Volguine, I believe in his book 'Lunar Astrology: An Attempt at a Reconstruction of the Ancient Astrological System '.

Others have written about the effects of the mansions based on older texts but, so far as I am aware, this has been simply a recording of what is known, what older authors believed the influence of the mansions to be, and not records of someone who has systematically used the mansions in their astrological work.

Melissa

Delaforge wrote:
The only person I know who has published results of their investigations into the western Lunar Mansions is Alexandre Volguine, I believe in his book 'Lunar Astrology: An Attempt at a Reconstruction of the Ancient Astrological System.'
Volguine's book is very old, first published in 1936 in French (English translation 1974) and doesn't really constitute research. He uses the 28 division measurement, and I'm not sure if he even considers the issue of the two zodiacs. He apparently doesn't consider the 27-fold division of the mansions in India.

The latest and no doubt the most comprehensive western book on the lunar mansions is Mansions of the Moon: A Lunar Zodiac for Astrology and Magic, 2010 by Christopher Warnock. I haven't seen that book, but you can see preview pages on Amazon. This would be the book to read and study for anyone interested in the western lunar mansions. The book does include the research of the author and illustrator according to the preface.

All the Amazon reviews are very positive with mention of beautiful illustrations and a comprehensive history of the mansions. An appendix lists the dates of the Moon's transit through the mansions for 2010-2018. You can see these pages in the Amazon preview of pages if you click on the tropical mansion appendix page in the Table of Contents.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Thank you all for replying
I am going to review these books.
I have read in old arabic manuscript about being born under lunar mansion and what effect it might have on the native , i will post it later when i find it

Christopher Warnock, in his book' The Mansions of the Moon', does not test the mansions. There are three example charts. The first is for an election for a time of marriage. In it the Moon is placed in a Mansion associated with love/friendship between human beings. No report on the outcome is given.

The other two examples are elections for the consecration of love talismans. Again, the Moon is placed in Mansions traditionally supposed to further this end. The traditional meaning of the Mansions are accepted rather than tested.

Melissa