Therese Hamilton:
Interesting that Patrick has used classical techniques. There is still the uncomfortable question of the zodiac when using these techniques, as Martin Gansten will tell you. So different zodiacs will give different results.
Patrick Watson has worked with Chris Brennan and he utilises hellenistic astrology. The question of the zodiac is like any other astrological controversy (house systems, sign rulerships or aspect orbs) one for every individual to decide on themselves. Clearly, such differences lead to variations in delineation. However, the mundane forum is not a place to theoretically debate such questions. People are welcome to post here using any astrological approach that works for them.

I have always taken the view that the work should speak for itself.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Yuzuru wrote:
Could anybody confirm the degree of ASC? I am having trouble with the time zone I think.
Hi Yuzuru,

Here is the chart for Clinton being formally nominated as Democratic party nominee. 12'08 Capricorn rises. I have put the chart in Alcabitius houses just for you! I tend to think Clinton accepting the nomination may be more astrologically significant but that is just a personal view. Nonetheless, the nomination chart is very intriguing.
Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi Therese,

Our posts obviously crossed at the same time. As I have displayed the chart in the tropical zodiac in the way Yuzuru works I will keep my post up.

Mark

Yuzuru wrote:
I don?t get. So what is the time she accepted it?
Hi Yuzuru,

Its a two step process at the Republican or Democratic party conventions. Firstly, a candidate is nominated by the party. However, the candidate only accepts the nomination in their speech that closes the Convention. If you look at the thread I gave separate dates and times for Trump being nominated and accepting.

Hillary Clinton is speaking on Thursday night and she will be formally accepting the nomination at the beginning of her speech then.

Mark

Therese Hamilton wrote:
Mark, you can add my name to the Election prediction page: Hillary Clinton victory based on a PM time of birth and election period sidereal Enneads (chart for 40 day election period).
Fine Therese. Do you want any other techniques listed that led you to this prediction?

Just PM me on this.

Thanks

Mark

Mark wrote:
However, the mundane forum is not a place to theoretically debate such[zodiac] questions. People are welcome to post here using any astrological approach that works for them.
I agree that this isn't the place to debate zodiac questions, but I appreciate being able to mention sidereal principles now and then.

I hope I may point out the precessed/non-precessed orbs of comparisons since Hillary isn't too far from being 70 years old. We're not talking about zodiac signs so much as removing precession as a person gets older, which some tropical astrologers do routinely. So if we take this very momentous event in Hillary's life (The United States has never had a woman presidential nominee...), we have these significant connections between her PM chart and her nomination (A = applying aspect):

3?A25 Event MC to natal Sun, precessed orb
2?A27 Event MC to natal Sun, precession removed orb

1?A31, Event Moon to natal sun, opposition, precessed orb
0?A33, Event Moon to natal sun, opposition, precession removed orb

So the precise amount we would expect from precesson of 70 years separates the orbs of these two sets of figures. If we want to show some proof for astrology, we can't do better than the MC of the nomination chart conjoining Hillary's natal Sun, and the nomination Moon opposing her Sun. The transiting Moon makes the closest aspect to her Sun.
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Data update: The astrologer Tony Paterniti timed the exact nomination of Hillary Clinton live with the following times:

The South Dakota delegate gave Clinton enough votes to win at 18:38:30 PM.

Bernie Sanders moved to nominate Clinton her by acclamation: 18:53 PM.

Convention declaration that "The Ayes Have It", 18:55:20 PM

Mark

thanks for the data here..

can i ask a dumb question?

which chart are folks more inclined to use - the clinton nominee time, or the clinton time of being nominated? the first chart looks bad, while the 2nd one is much more favourable.. thanks..