Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Medical Event

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonbright

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Medical Event Reply with quote

Hi all:

I thought some of you might like to test your skills with a medical event chart.

I'll post the answer in about a week. (I'll check before then in case there are questions.)

Cheers.
Vyri

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Acute Angina? - Moon critical degree Reply with quote

Since the diagnosis was not heart related I think it best to delete my erroneous delineation..well back to the drawing board.

Thanks
Vyri
If in your bright leaves we would read the fate of men and empires, "tis to be forgiven"-Lord Byron

Last edited by Vyri on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to answer this question without more information. Even ancient astrologers who were physicians that utilized decumbiture charts would be with the patient and know their gender, age and general health, and some of their symptoms. The chart would be used to help diagnose the patient and see what their chances of recovery would be.

Although I am knowledgeable about medicine, I find decumbiture charts to be difficult to understand sometimes and they aren't my forte. I could be way off in my conclusions.

My first thought was that the patient was female and experiencing a gynecological problem, due to the Sun being conjunct Venus, and Moon in Scorpio. However, Aquarius deals with circulation of the blood (also injuries to the joints and ankles/shins, etc.), but it also deals with heart failure and the Sun deals with the heart, and Sun square Jupiter could show a heart attack or rupture/enlargement. Maybe respiratory failure too or pneumonia, since Jupiter rules that area.

The querent is square the 8th ruler (in the 4th, the end of the matter, and in a fixed sign), in detriment and without reception, so my next thought was that this was something serious, however, if it is gynecological, then the 8th house could mean something else (all the more reason to have more information). Moon next applies to square Mercury, so if this is a serious heart issue, maybe they went into a coma before passing or had loss of blood supply to the brain, etc. Mercury is holding the light of Mars, so it is almost like the Moon is besieged. Mercury takes on the characteristics of Mars, and the Moon is separating from Saturn.

According to the Skyscript tutorial on decumbiture, Saturn ruling the 6th in Capricorn is fairly inauspicious as well and shows something chronic, takes a long time to reach conclusion, and is more serious. Mercury with Mars shows a "frenzy," such as a lot of mental agitation. Both of the luminaries afflicted and under the earth also seems quite serious.

If Venus isn't related to the illness, it could be describing a physician involved (7th house), in which case they are probably not very effective (combustion). It can also explain my feeling like I don't have any information, since the 7th is the house of the astrologer(s).

I hope I am wrong and that it was nothing serious.
moonbright

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all:

Thanks for your delineations Vryi and Tanit. I think they're both well done - very detailed and well thought out. Everything you've both said makes sense with the chart.

Fortunately, I'm not dead yet. Very Happy The problem was very serious but not life threatening.

Basically, my left eye "broke". Shocked

I've been experiencing a slow motion light show in both eyes for about six years with more activity in the left eye. This was diagnosed as vitreous detachment, an issue that affects everyone as they age but tends to afflict people with severe myopia and/or family history more vigorously and at younger ages.

The inside of the eye is filled with "vitreous humour" a clear, jelly-like substance that, as one ages, shrinks and contracts. The shrinkage causes the jelly to tug on the retina and this produces an electrical signal to the brain which causes the light show.

On Sunday, February 4/18, the light show started to speed up in my left eye, moving so fast that it was startling me at times. This continued for the next two days and I was pretty much at the point where I thought I should go see a doctor. I was on the bus on my way downtown when a whole lot of other activity began in my field of vision. I went from having good (corrected) vision to having my field of view obscured by blurring and really large floaters and flashes. The chart is timed for the moment when this obscuring of my vision happened.

I waited about one hour to see if it would settle and when it didn't I phoned the telehealth line to talk to a nurse. I was hoping against hope that I didn't need to go to the ER, as during flu season it usually takes forever, but of course that's what the nurse told me to do. I waited two hours there and then saw a physician (at 10 pm) who ultrasounded my eye and told me that my retina was attached and that I had an ocular migraine; there was no referral to an eye doctor. I think this is an important piece of info in regards to the chart because it was to affect almost everything that happened after.

I'd been told for many years that if I experienced certain symptoms that it could be signs of retinal detachment and that I needed to see an eye doctor pronto. (There is a strong family history of RD in my family.) Despite that, I came out of the ER convinced that I had an ocular migraine and that everything was fine. At least I was convinced until the next evening when I again phoned the telehealth and was told by the nurse to go to see a GP and get a referral to an eye doc. I did so but I was not able to get an appointment for months. I protested, of course, but they would not be convinced.

On Friday, Feb 9/18, I again phoned the telehealth and was told to see a GP within the next 72 hours. I got really angry with the nurse, insisting that I need to see an eye doctor right away and that I had already seen a GP to no avail. By that time, I believe, Mars was in conjunction with Antares, which is an important point in my natal chart and basically I couldn't calm down. I looked at the ephemeris and thought "I need to wait until Mars moves off" because I didn't think I was capable of talking to anyone without getting really angry. I even blocked my mom and sister on my phone because they kept minimizing what was happening and I was so annoyed with them. So I ignored everything that was happening for the weekend.

My next attempt at seeing a doctor was Monday, Feb 12/18 and that doctor was incredulous that I hadn't seen an eye doc yet. He told me to go straight away to my optometrist (he was the only one to suggest this) and if they couldn't get me in right away to phone him (he gave me his personal number) and he would get me in with an ophthalmologist...
moonbright

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I got into the optometrist and she gave me some good/bad news: my retina was attached but the obscuring of my vision might be permanent. She got me in to see an ophthalmologist and I'll post that chart later because it's interesting, I think.

At the eye clinic, the ophthalmology resident examined my eye thoroughly and didn't find anything. Then the ophthalmologist himself had a look and then did another exam where he put a lens in my eye and just sat there and looked and looked and looked. Then he said "Aha! there it is." Me: there what is? Him: you have a hole in your retina. We have to fix that. And then they did, with a laser.

To understand what he was looking for, think of looking for a pinhole in a piece of fabric while looking through a glass of water. The vitreous has completely collapsed and liquified and it's like having a small aquarium in front of my eye. Amazing!

The diagnosis is: acute posterior vitreous detachment with retinal tear.

I think the original diagnosis of ocular migraine delayed everyone's (including my) sense of urgency about what was happening and maybe that's what the chart shows.

So, a strange story with a happy ending. Thank god for good doctors!

Smile

https://nei.nih.gov/health/vitreous/vitreous
Tanit3333

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not seeing this at all but I suppose part of the issue is we had no idea about anything and decumbiture isn't meant to diagnose a situation where you have no information. There are too many variables involved. The Sun does deal with the eyes too, but wasn't something that first comes to mind for me. The only thing I see aligning with what you are saying is a female physician, to be honest. Eyes are usually focused on the first house, although I have read in Bonatti before in his Aphorisms that when the luminaries are afflicted it can affect the sight in a natal chart. I think we would have had to have been a physician in ancient times to recognize the patterns in this chart.
moonbright

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: