Medical Event

Hi all:

I thought some of you might like to test your skills with a medical event chart.

I'll post the answer in about a week. (I'll check before then in case there are questions.)

Cheers.
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

Acute Angina? - Moon critical degree

Since the diagnosis was not heart related I think it best to delete my erroneous delineation..well back to the drawing board.

Thanks
Vyri
Last edited by Vyri on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Omnia Numeris Sita Sunt" = Latin for;
"Everything is veiled in number"
"Ye Stars which are the glory of Heaven!"
If in your bright leaves we would read the fate of men and empires, "tis to be forgiven"- Lord Byron

Hi all:

Thanks for your delineations Vryi and Tanit. I think they're both well done - very detailed and well thought out. Everything you've both said makes sense with the chart.

Fortunately, I'm not dead yet. :D The problem was very serious but not life threatening.

Basically, my left eye "broke". :shock:

I've been experiencing a slow motion light show in both eyes for about six years with more activity in the left eye. This was diagnosed as vitreous detachment, an issue that affects everyone as they age but tends to afflict people with severe myopia and/or family history more vigorously and at younger ages.

The inside of the eye is filled with "vitreous humour" a clear, jelly-like substance that, as one ages, shrinks and contracts. The shrinkage causes the jelly to tug on the retina and this produces an electrical signal to the brain which causes the light show.

On Sunday, February 4/18, the light show started to speed up in my left eye, moving so fast that it was startling me at times. This continued for the next two days and I was pretty much at the point where I thought I should go see a doctor. I was on the bus on my way downtown when a whole lot of other activity began in my field of vision. I went from having good (corrected) vision to having my field of view obscured by blurring and really large floaters and flashes. The chart is timed for the moment when this obscuring of my vision happened.

I waited about one hour to see if it would settle and when it didn't I phoned the telehealth line to talk to a nurse. I was hoping against hope that I didn't need to go to the ER, as during flu season it usually takes forever, but of course that's what the nurse told me to do. I waited two hours there and then saw a physician (at 10 pm) who ultrasounded my eye and told me that my retina was attached and that I had an ocular migraine; there was no referral to an eye doctor. I think this is an important piece of info in regards to the chart because it was to affect almost everything that happened after.

I'd been told for many years that if I experienced certain symptoms that it could be signs of retinal detachment and that I needed to see an eye doctor pronto. (There is a strong family history of RD in my family.) Despite that, I came out of the ER convinced that I had an ocular migraine and that everything was fine. At least I was convinced until the next evening when I again phoned the telehealth and was told by the nurse to go to see a GP and get a referral to an eye doc. I did so but I was not able to get an appointment for months. I protested, of course, but they would not be convinced.

On Friday, Feb 9/18, I again phoned the telehealth and was told to see a GP within the next 72 hours. I got really angry with the nurse, insisting that I need to see an eye doctor right away and that I had already seen a GP to no avail. By that time, I believe, Mars was in conjunction with Antares, which is an important point in my natal chart and basically I couldn't calm down. I looked at the ephemeris and thought "I need to wait until Mars moves off" because I didn't think I was capable of talking to anyone without getting really angry. I even blocked my mom and sister on my phone because they kept minimizing what was happening and I was so annoyed with them. So I ignored everything that was happening for the weekend.

My next attempt at seeing a doctor was Monday, Feb 12/18 and that doctor was incredulous that I hadn't seen an eye doc yet. He told me to go straight away to my optometrist (he was the only one to suggest this) and if they couldn't get me in right away to phone him (he gave me his personal number) and he would get me in with an ophthalmologist...
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

...I got into the optometrist and she gave me some good/bad news: my retina was attached but the obscuring of my vision might be permanent. She got me in to see an ophthalmologist and I'll post that chart later because it's interesting, I think.

At the eye clinic, the ophthalmology resident examined my eye thoroughly and didn't find anything. Then the ophthalmologist himself had a look and then did another exam where he put a lens in my eye and just sat there and looked and looked and looked. Then he said "Aha! there it is." Me: there what is? Him: you have a hole in your retina. We have to fix that. And then they did, with a laser.

To understand what he was looking for, think of looking for a pinhole in a piece of fabric while looking through a glass of water. The vitreous has completely collapsed and liquified and it's like having a small aquarium in front of my eye. Amazing!

The diagnosis is: acute posterior vitreous detachment with retinal tear.

I think the original diagnosis of ocular migraine delayed everyone's (including my) sense of urgency about what was happening and maybe that's what the chart shows.

So, a strange story with a happy ending. Thank god for good doctors!

:)

https://nei.nih.gov/health/vitreous/vitreous