Is that bright star Sirius?

Hi Breeze and Forum,

I am posting this chart for Breeze and myself. (The chart and its story are at the bottom of this page).

. . . Breeze, try this method and see if you have any luck reducing the image using "tinypic" -- good luck!

1) I save and download my chart from Astro.com (100% image size)

2) I'm now at "tinypic.com"; go to --> Upload Images & Video

This is what I see under "Upload Images & Video" page: I only use #A and #B.

File: [ ] Browse (I click Browse to upload my horary chart: #A)
Tag: [ ]
File Type: image, Video, Url
Resize: [Default]
Share: [ ] Send it via E-mail
[UPLOAD NOW!] (after #A is done, click here to upload: #B)

3) I'm now at the page that says: Share This Image.
There are four boxes at "Share This Image" --> I only use the bottom box #4 as follows:

HTML for Website [ ] (box #1)
IMG Code for Forums & Messages, Boards [ ] (box #2)
URL for Email & IM [ ] (box #3)
Direct Link for Layouts [ ] (box #4) -- I highlight and copy the content in this box.

4) I am now ready to post at Skyscript:

First disable BB Code; after that's done --> Click

Throughout the winter, around 5:30 to 6:00 AM I take my dog to walk. It's still dark outside but because of the city lights and sometimes scattered clouds in the sky, I'm only able to see just a few stars here and there.

Then somewhere, I've noticed this one star in particular is very bright and I wondered who it is. One morning I was gazing up at the sky with my dog in my arms, and I noticed Orion and suddenly it occurred to me this star might be Sirius, the famous Orion's dog. So I thought to myself, "Hey, that might be my Sirius, I better do a horary" (My Natal Ascendant conjuncts Sirius, so I became excited). Later that morning I erected the chart.

I was amazed to see the moon conjunct Jupiter . . . so it was the star. Later, I looked up a sky map and confirmed that it was Sirius.

Hmm. I think I can answer this question without horary. At 6 am in San Francisco in February, you wouldn't see Sirius in the sky. It is below the earth at that time. I think the chart is telling you that you saw Jupiter, which would have been at a high peak in the sky and close to the Moon. Maybe I am misunderstanding the info though and I am not sure if you agree with that conclusion or not because you say it is the star, but then say you confirm it was Sirius. Sirius would have set several hours before that and would have been visible in the early to mid evening.

Jupiter is bright and beautiful and is one of the reasons it is associated with beauty, like Venus, which is even brighter and more beautiful.

I also have Sirius tight on my ascendant and I also love dogs. Mine is attached at the hip. :D

Hey Tanit, you caught me red handed! Thank you for pointing out that wasn’t Sirius. And yes, you are right – That 6:00 am star wasn’t Sirius (also, I posted the wrong chart – sorry!). After reading your reply, at first I was stupefied; I thought “But it was Sirius, there was Orion next to it.??? Then I realized my two mistakes.

The first mistake was my absolute lack of knowledge of how the constellation shifts. The second mistake was simply that I combined two different dog walks (one morning walk and one night walk) in order to make the story short.

So here is the correct chart which corresponds to the morning dog walk – I saw a bright star next to the moon. Mist and partially clouded sky. Not able to see other stars, didn’t see Orion.

The chart says the star was not Sirius. Sirius conjunct 6th house cusp but the Moon -- no aspect to Saturn.

I will re-post the original chart later with the correct story attached (sorry about the inconvenience). I missed Sirius by 44 minutes to be exact – also not the same degree either. . . however, I’m still happy to be so close to one of the most famous dogs in western myth; even though I was twice bitten by dogs and once by someone’s trained Monkey. :D

I asked horary: “Is that star next to the Moon Sirius???? Thursday, February 8, 2018 @ 6: 57am in San Francisco CA (US).

https://i.postimg.cc/mkrjfQq8/Is-that-s ... 1-8309.png