Debbie Kempton Smith

Today I was saddened to learn of the recent passing of astrologer Debbie Kempton Smith (April 16, 1950 - Feb 7, 2018). She is probably best known for her high energy beginner's text Secrets From a Stargazer's Notebook, which I believe was first published in 1982. Ms Smith revealed, well before Donald Regan's "tell all," that then US President Ronald Reagan and first Lady Nancy had a serious interest in astrology. However, when a departing White House staffer announces such things that garners more attention than when an astrologer does so.

From what I've been able to put together, she lived alternately in New York City and London for reasons I don't know. She was a member of Mensa, and worked quite a bit with the concept of the void Moon. The obit I found said she had an active practice.

Her death struck me because, while Secrets was not the first astrology book I ever read, it was the first one that made sense to me, and also because she is younger than I am. I've frequently recommended Secrets to beginners and newbies because it is a good book to get the hang of things and because a second updated edition became available a few years back.

I didn't know her, but I wish I did. The tone in her book is personal and engaging. I'm sure she was the same way. She will be missed. RIP

http://www.debbikemptonsmith.com

I recall Al H Morrison speaking highly of her when I met him in NY back in the 80's. Her book included a an astounding prediction regarding the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. When the Norwegian Princess Martha Louise wed under similar circumstances, I took notes and their marriages laster for exactly the same length of time, give or take a month or two. Her book 'Secrets from a Stargazer's Notebook' was a bestseller and a fresh breath of air. What a great contribution to astrology! Thank you for notifying Tom.
http://www.astronor.com

She spoke very highly of Morrison as well, and it may well have been that he, through her, was the first modern astrologer to incorporate the void of course moon into natal work. I'm pretty sure he was her teacher.