Saturn Returns

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to ask a consensus question about the Saturn Return. Depending on the placement of natal Saturn you will experience your Saturn return as guided by that placement. For example, as simplistically as possible, Saturn ruling or being in the 7th may indicate a divorce or some other trial/tribulation relating to partnership.

What is the implication for Saturn Return when it rules the 4th and 5th and is located in the 3rd house in a night chart? Cadent Saturn is probably a good thing in a night chart, however, would this kind of placement be responsible, for example, for having lack of a romantic interaction/sex for that timeframe (2.5yrs) as Saturn Returns?

Thanks for your input!

the main ones that came to my mind were:

1.heavy responsibilities regarding a sibling

2.an older lover in a distant town, or perhaps a neighbor lol. In particular maybe a lover in a distant town that is difficult/inconvenient to see because of the distance (saturn in 3rd house)

I am 67 so I have had 2 saturn returns which were completely different. Saturn rules my 2rd house and is placed in my 9th house. The first time, I went back to school and got my MBA.
Second time, my mother was living near me and had serious health issues. When saturn entered libra, which rules my 10th house, she died. AMY

Hi StellarTiggy:

I find it more useful to think of Saturn Returns in terms of what is being learned rather than focusing on what might be restricted. They're often difficult times for the individual, true, but I think that there are very important underlying purposes to the difficulties involved.

My first S/R was probably the most difficult time of my life but the lessons and skills that I learned then I have used ever since (and I also teach those skills now) and I see that time as very, very necessary for my maturation. Saturn is in the 8th house in my chart, ruling 6 & 7 and it influences both luminaries.

My experience of the challenges at that time were primarily internal - it felt like I was undergoing a rather large shift of my thinking and perceptions about things and learning new ways of coping; there weren't many things that changed externally at that time.

In contrast, I have a male relative who is undergoing his S/R right now and in the last year this is what has happened to him: his girlfriend got pregnant, they got engaged, he was laid off not once but twice from two different jobs due to economic downturn, prompting him to form a business partnership and start his own business, he walked away unscathed from a bad car wreck prompting him to immediately sell his motorcycle, they had the baby, bought a house and moved in (which means insta-family as she has 2 kids already), and planned a wedding. So in his life the changes were very external (not that that doesn't affect one internally).

I've tried to coach him a bit as these things were happening by suggesting he try to be as open and as willing to learn as possible because that seems to be the way to move through the S/R most effectively. I'm pretty sure I experienced more difficulty than I needed to during mine as I can be pretty stubborn and it seems the more you resist the lessons on offer the more difficult it is.

As well, I don't think most people's S/R's are as dramatic as mine felt and his looks. I think you have to look at what Saturn is touching as well as the house placements.

So with a 3rd house placement ruling 4 and 5, my guess would be that family issues would be important (3&4) and creativity as well (3&5) but I would also look at the aspects that Saturn is making and how it disposes any planets.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers.
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

I had a very long Saturn return in Virgo in 2009, where it passed over my Saturn three times. My Saturn rules my 7th and 8th and resides in the 3rd. It squares the ASC ruler the Moon in Sag conjunct Neptune, while also trining Mercury in the 11th. I finished my undergrad studies in the sciences (the Mercury side of things) and experienced great heartbreak during the same time period (the Moon/L1 side of things). Both things involved matters that had built up over the years (my studies took a long time because I had to support myself). The person I believed at the time I loved had the same exact Moon-Saturn square in the same signs with his Moon in the 7th, so I guess it was a shared experience (I have no idea on that front - I was cut off). It was in no way pleasant but I definitely learned a lot. My emotional resilience since then is remarkable by comparison. I would almost say I am made of emotional steel at this point, which can be good or bad, depending on how you look at things. My Moon-Neptunian idealism was pretty much squashed, as was my great sensitivity. In remembering how strongly I felt that person was my soulmate and how painful it was for me, I partly laugh at myself and feel sorry for myself at the same time. Saturn also sextiles my Pluto, so perhaps that added to the destruction and rebuilding of my emotional state. I also left Skyscript for a long time. I came to appreciate Saturn more when it recently passed over my Moon by conjunction/squared my saturn. It was still painful but added more strength to my character, and the pain that I felt I did not show to anyone else that time around. I kept it to myself. Saturn has made me a very strong person, but it has been through a lot of hard times.

It really depends a lot on the chart as a whole. You can't say someone has Saturn in the 3rd and it will mean issues with siblings. What else Saturn is involved with is as equally important. For me, Saturn in the 3rd deals with communication issues and not expressing in words what I feel, or in doing so at the wrong time (and feeling the same from L7), etc. Additionally, my Saturn is conjunct the NN, and that is a whole other can of worms.

I feel like I have lived through three Saturn returns after that first one. Some people don't even notice theirs, or experience it in a positive way only, because they don't have difficult Saturn influences.

When my Saturn transited into 8th house, my father died. I had very difficult time both mentally and physically nursing him just before his death. The difficulties has lasted many months.

saturn returns

I have saturn in my 9th house and it rules my 2rd house.
First saturn return: I went back to school to get a master's.
Second return: just lots of issues with my mother and her health-she died when both saturn and pluto entered early capricorn and opposed her sun in early cancer AMY