(Modern) Astrology - Social Networks

Hi,
I've read a few books to study Horary & Electional Astrology, but since these are books published in last decades, there is nothing specific about social networks and modern technologies.

I read that social networks can be related to 9th House (they're about broadcasting), but Aquarius is the sign of technology.

In the case of Horary Questions and Electional Astrology to launch websites, Social Networks, nowadays becoming popular among Digital Influencers and even Entrepreneurship companies involving technology (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), where should we look?
I miss modern books on this subject.

PS: Disregarding the public recognition we may want to obtain, which I know is the 10th house.

I view networking as 11th house, 2nd from the 10th. The 11th represents allies in your work as well as teamwork. Mercury in the 11th tends to show someone who is good at networking and communicating to teams, for example, and you might see something like that in a horary. Mercury rules the internet but to me social networks are very 11th house.

Hello Miss Watson:

This is a very good question, glad that you asked it.

What type of networking are you referring to. Computer internet chat rooms, discussion boards, skype, twitter, etc. or old fashioned, in person networking, such as at public get togethers, face to face meetings, coffees, etc. They are not the same !

There are several possible answers, actually.

The traditional assignment of 11th house and networking is true, as does the assignment of Uranus, since it is the co-ruler of the 11th house of Aquarius.

However, a case for the 7th house and thus, Venus, the natural ruler of Libra, and the 7th house, could also work, as it includes essentially the other party and or personal interactions with others, in general, including in person, face to face meetings. Venus is also about the quality of one's social interactions, in general, (or lack thereof) and also, how you go about them?

That said, some say that all internet interactions are ruled by the 12th house, as the internet is typically a nameless, (anonymous?) faceless experience, where people type behind stage names and rarely speak? Thus, they deliberately hide behind their Scorpionic masks. much like a gigantic Halloween party.

Why the 12th house? Well, Venus is actually exalted in Pisces, the natural ruler of the 12th house, plus Neptune (the natural ruler of Venus) is a higher octave of Venus, so the 12th house connection is indeed, relevant.

If you look at the actual election chart for the start of the internet, Scorpion is rising and the 12th house is prominent.

Therefore, while on the internet, I wonder. Am I really networking at all or just spitting into the proverbial Neptunian/Scorpion bucket. LOL

Sorry, it's a hung jury.

Just saying.

S. (n. Sun, Moon, and Mercury, in the 11th house)

It might also depend on the question. If you were looking to increase networking, to me that is 11th house. It you wanted to publish your own networking website, a website is 3rd house, since it is a way to communicate first and foremost. I don't see the 9th as relevant, personally. The subject matter is important to distinguish significators, so a question on people you are networking with is different than one on a networking website you are developing. It is sort of like asking about a business partner you met online. You would still look at the 7th house - so to me, people you network with are 11th house, no matter their location (whether online or in person). This is just my understanding of the houses talking and not based off of any astrologer. I have never thought of the internet as 12th house - perhaps internet trolls would rule this house. :lol: I view the internet as a very public forum, even if one's identity can sometimes be secretive. Some people broadcast their entire lives on the internet as well.

Hello everyone!
First of all, this is a very subjective question, but I'll clarify that I refer to the "internet" as the main point and not business partner or face to face meetings. :)
And also, my goal is to complement my studies. At the moment my focus is to understand how astrology influences famous bloggers, vlogers, and other digital influencers.

That said,
Tanit3333
In fact, 9th House, although I took into consideration the broadcasting, doesn't seem to have any relation with the objective in question, because it was as you said "people you network with are 11th House, no matter their location."
ModWasp
I wonder if 3th House wouldn't be 'concret' publications such as books, or websites, as Tanit3333 commented above.
sabumnim
What you have said about 12th House was very enlightening! Makes a lot of sense.

I would like to add two observations:
This article I found
http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/mark- ... d-facebook
Of course the interpretation is geared towards Zuckerberg, but the article explains about the creation of facebook, whose Sun and Ascendant is in ... Aquarius!
On his Facebook page, under Personal Interests, he writes:" openness, making things that help people connect and share what's important to them, revolutions, information flow, minimalism."
Second one: This week I read in a post that Neptune rules Instagram because it's related to Images (that is, memories as well).
This is not only the quality of 12 House (Pisces - Neptune), but also explains the people who hide behind their masks, hidden enemies, and I was also thinking in the case of Digital Influencers that usually pass an idea that is a bit illusory that their lives are perfect.

It makes sense to look at 12th House, doesn't it? :o

All kinds of communication on the internet(social networks),by phone and etc. are signified by the third house.
It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
Marcus Aurelius

I agree that the internet is 3rd house but I don't see how a group of people coming together to communicate is 3rd house. Look at presidents, like Bill Clinton, with heavy 11th houses that know how to network (especially Sun and Mercury there together). There is a group thought emphasis on the 11th house. I am a heavy 11th house person myself and social networking via internet has been something that happens regularly for me (although my 11th house planets also aspect a 3rd house planet). In any case, the OP has clarified that they are talking about websites more so than the subject of social networking.

Deb's Houses has an index on popular rulerships and she gives internet the 3rd like I would:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/index_list.html

Tanit3333 wrote:I view networking as 11th house, 2nd from the 10th. The 11th represents allies in your work as well as teamwork. Mercury in the 11th tends to show someone who is good at networking and communicating to teams, for example, and you might see something like that in a horary. Mercury rules the internet but to me social networks are very 11th house.
I always used 11th house for horary questions asking about some internet societies (By the way, I asked several Skyscript questions using 11th -- the results were always satisfactory :D ). I also used 3rd house if I have a question regarding my own communication about an 11th house question.

So I was curious and I asked:

"Which is a social network house?"
Wed. 14th of March, 2017 at 11:07am
San Francisco, California (USA)

It is interesting you ask questions like that. I am more likely to ask questions on knowledge than person questions. A sign of Mercury rising with Mercury in the 11th - Maybe astrology and I speak the same language.

Tanit3333 wrote:It is interesting you ask questions like that. I am more likely to ask questions on knowledge than person questions. A sign of Mercury rising with Mercury in the 11th - Maybe astrology and I speak the same language.
I guess I do ask some unusual questions. I'm about to post another chart asking about a fix star (partly thinking about our member Breeze). Then I saw your reply. I will post that new chart in a minute.

Part of Fortune wrote: So I was curious and I asked:

"Which is a social network house?"
Wed. 14th of March, 2017 at 11:07am
San Francisco, California (USA)
Just loved the question!

And I agree with Tanit:
Tanit3333 wrote:A sign of Mercury rising with Mercury in the 11th
But I also think we should considerate 12th House in a Electional Chart (its ruler, Venus conjuct Mercury)
:lol: