Part of Fortune wrote:
sabumnim wrote:
Hello Part of Fortune:

Thanks for your post.

Some people in the world of horary might say that your question "What is a social network house" will reveal a frivilous and or rubbish answer, because you, the querent, have really no emotional stake in the question asked?

Also, you will always get a better answer if you consult someone else, versus a self-serve horary chart.

That said, some of you in horaryland believe that you, the querent, own the chart and therefore, it can be used like your own personal slave or toilet ? LOL

John Frawley, the well known horaryist, also believes that ALL charts can be read.

I strongly disagree.

I feel that consulting the horary chart is much like visiting the Supreme Court of the land. Either you will get an answer, yes or no, or they may choose not to hear your case, at all !

Therefore, you are not always guaranteed an answer in horary work, if your question is frivilous, you asked the question twice, etc. Thus, the reasons for the strictures against judgement ?

There are other auguries that also specifically prevent misuse by the querent, such as the I Ching or Book of Changes, and specifically, Hexagram 4.

In any case, this thread still has a hung jury, after all is said and done, isn't it true. But, the responses have been quite revealing.

S.

I thought I was writing to Skyscript . . .

The writer thanked me (so he could have a chance to express his anger?) and went on to make some rude remarks. This was the same writer who gave Paul, Mark and others a hard time, criticizing the Skyscript site.

Here's a quote from Paul (incidentally, the following incident was during the August Mercury Rx in Virgo):

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabuminim

Do you have any specific technical training or reason to suspect a hack? I'm curious why you believe it's a hack despite my explanations for the message James is seeing etc. - if the hack was of an admin or moderator password they couldn't read or delete your PMs anyway. So we can rule out a hack such as someone taking for example the password of a moderator etc.

The other hack it would require then would be a hack on the server itself - this is a possibility but of all the things a hacker could do (delete the entire site for example, edit any page they wanted etc.) it remains completely bizarre that their actions would be to go through the effort of taking a particular date in time and then writing up all the SQL to then delete all content in the database after that moment, with no real gain or reward for themselves. Putting aside how untrivial it is to hack the server to begin with, it's also a nice amount of work to write and perform those SQL statements on the database to delete not just forum threads, but also posts and PMs as well.

By far the simpler explanation is that a database corruption required a revert to a previous working state. Sometimes the simpler solution is the most likely.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Part of Fortune:

The bringing up of old wounds on this site serves no purpose, whatsoever.

I wasn't angry at all, or at you, so please stop your over-exagerated belly-aching.

You obviously didn't like the answer that you heard. However, to bring up "dirt" from previous thread discussions that have nothing to do with the current thread, smacks of desperation from you.

Again, casting horary charts for frivilous reasons reveals only bad answers.

That is a well known consequence that horaryists have understood for many years. But not you, for some reason.

Regarding Paul, the moderator, he is a prejudiced moderator in every respect. He only responds to me when it suits his fancy. He never answers my personal messages, for the record.

That's rude !

I have some pm's from him, that are very rude and condescending. actually.

Therefore, he has zero credibility, in my view.

Regarding posts of mine, including pm's, that went missing on this site, they did indeed, go missing, and other posters such as Rocko also had posts that went missing, And, again, we never got a plausible explanation as to why that happened.

Regarding the hacking of my posts, while I have no proof of that, it is possible that it happened.

But, this is all water under the bridge.

It's not Mercury retrograde, now, so why bring it up. You can't attack the astrology, so the only thing left is to attack me, right ?

Shameful.

Take note that all future posts from you will be ignored.

I made it clear in an earlier posting that the internet and treachery are interwined, since everyone hides behind their scorpion like masks, while talking tough and loud. This site (and many others) is full of treachery and deception, and your post is a good example of that ?

S.
Last edited by sabumnim on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabuminim,

I don't think asking about web development or similar areas is frivolous. If I ask a question about knowledge, it isn't a question I can gain elsewhere. I also rarely ask questions at all and got rid of my astrology books 6 years ago because I don't think it is healthy to become too engrossed in it. I enjoy looking at patterns in charts, which is pretty much why I still frequent this forum, although rude responses make me wonder why I do. I do agree that some people abuse horary and some charts I see are rubbish or jumbled. I am not sure why this thread deviated into anger and insults, though. If Paul does not respond, he might be busy or just not want to respond. As the old moderator before Paul, I would like to say that he isn't getting paid to be a moderator and does it to help the website and for his own pleasure in studying astrology. Having known him for many years now I don't understand why anyone would call him unfair. He is an objective Sun/Mercury in Gemini and enjoys discussing ideas rather than drama.

AstroMarie wrote:
Part of Fortune wrote: So I was curious and I asked:

"Which is a social network house?"
Wed. 14th of March, 2017 at 11:07am
San Francisco, California (USA)
"It's intresting that the most dignified planet is the moon which is the ruler of the 3rd exactly on the MC!"

Hi AstroMarie,

I agree, it is very interesting!

Well, I too say yes, 3rd house is internet. Also in this chart the Moon could read as querent’s co-significator, who is corresponding to Skyscript via Internet. Jupiter who represents 11th house (Skyscript) is also turned 9th house (other corresponding) from 3rd.

The Moon’s approaching square to Jupiter shows some frictions regarding 10th house matter (such as one’s reputation, honor). Since all planets represent more than one significator at various times, as I understand it, here Jupiter Rx is in 6th house that is turned 12th house (could signify self-undoing?) from 7th house (Sagittarius).

The above interpretation might be rather “personal??? due to recent incidents (I received PM from sabumnim) -- also I didn’t go into dignities, receptions, etc. I wonder what other “more objective??? interpretations would be with regard to the Moon or the overall chart?

Hello Tanit 3333:

You're one of the best horary astrologers on this site, hands down.

I have always enjoy reading your detailed, thoughtful, Virgo like
interpretations.

Why don't we just leave it at that ?

Regarding Part of Fortune, I wonder. Is this person a double agent, posing as another name on this site ? You can tell they are not as they seem.

As I said, the internet is ruled, generally, by the 12th house and Scorpion rising, so good luck finding any integrity in that cesspool of hidden deception.

S.

Hi Part of Fortune,

I agree the horary chart can show the course of events the same way as an election chart. But the key feature about horary is to catch the purpose of it and make it useful for yourself.
The above interpretation might be rather “personal??? due to recent incidents (I received PM from sabumnim) -- also I didn’t go into dignities, receptions, etc. I wonder what other “more objective??? interpretations would be with regard to the Moon or the overall chart?
In my opinion the most objective interpretation of this horary is just to find an answer to it. And it will not be possible to do without considering receptions and deginities following horary rules.

When I told the moon is most degnified I was giving an answer by the horary rules. The Moon itself is a key significator in any horary, but in this partucular one it is placed in a 10th house which corresponds to the goal of of the question- to find the right answer to it. So the moon achieves the goal here- answers the question...

And it's important to note that it's not only the 3rd house ruler which almost any astrologer would agree has a relation to the internet, as it deals with information and communication- it's main goal,but also the 2nd as well which may look ridiculously, but you asked question not about where the internet is but the topic inevitably related to and possible only on the internet- a social network. So it looks like it is a combo of the 2nd and the 3rd house at once.

Why the second? Well, I have no idea,but the chart states this. I know that ancients took the 2nd house for any helpers and support. Probably a social network is a network of the people who can be of any help to you. You would not create a network of your enemies and communicate to them,right?

Also, in any horary the 7th house ruler describes the one assisting you with asnwering your horary question, and it is quite a dignified planet so can be of a help.
It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
Marcus Aurelius

Hi AstroMarie,

Your objective view is very enlightening -- thank you very much!

When I asked the horary question “Which is social network house??? I had Skyscript in mind. Here are definitions I found of Social Network:

1. A network of social interactions and personal relationships.

2. An online community of people with a common interest who use a website or other technologies to communicate with each other and share information, resources, etc.

AstroMarie wrote:Hi Part of Fortune,

I agree the horary chart can show the course of events the same way as an election chart. But the key feature about horary is to catch the purpose of it and make it useful for yourself.
As I mentioned earlier, this is not the first time I asked questions regarding astrology forums (my own understanding of Social Network was in line with definition #2). The reason for my question this time was because of Miss Watson’s original post -- I was curious what planets I would see in 11th (and 3rd). I posted the chart because I thought it might be interesting to Miss Watson and others.

You pointed out the 2nd house and it is interesting because it goes back to pre-internet meaning of Social Network.
Why the second? Well, I have no idea,but the chart states this. I know that ancients took the 2nd house for any helpers and support. Probably a social network is a network of the people who can be of any help to you. You would not create a network of your enemies and communicate to them,right?

Also, in any horary the 7th house ruler describes the one assisting you with asnwering your horary question, and it is quite a dignified planet so can be of a help.
Thanks for this! Yes, I also thought about Jupiter’s other role in 7th (you have pointed out as helper and support). At the time, I was focused on one incident and I dismissed the helpful options (such as Tanit’s last reply). I mentioned earlier, “Since all planets represent more than one significator at various times??? . . . and now here is your reply. Thanks again, AstroMarie! :D

Sabumnim,

I think internet forums do tend to have a lot of secrets and hidden information that could be explained through the 12th house, such as Mercury in the 12th, but also maybe Mercury-Neptune. Mercury-Neptune is well known to lie and also display false images. The trick to not being fooled is to be perceptive, and also to be detached so that they cannot harm you. Being paranoid is probably not the best route, though. People you know in your everyday life can do the same thing also - wear masks. One thing I have noticed is how many people attempt to be clever online and make people laugh via their charm and persona (or memes) - this also is something I think is very Mercury-Neptune. I actually find that a bit annoying because I prefer people to be genuine and honest, but I am a very Plutonic person who accepts that people have flaws and I often even like that about them.

Internet forums, especially special interest ones where you can have a fake name, are of a much different energy than social (especially professional) networking sites.

The internet in general though serves a lot of purposes, but primarily I see it disseminating information, which to me is very 3rd house/Mercury. There are written words, pictures, audio, etc. but they all do the same thing in the end. The fact that this information occurs so quickly leads me to tag it to Mercury even more.

Tanit3333 wrote:Sabumnim,

I think internet forums do tend to have a lot of secrets and hidden information that could be explained through the 12th house, such as Mercury in the 12th, but also maybe Mercury-Neptune. Mercury-Neptune is well known to lie and also display false images. The trick to not being fooled is to be perceptive, and also to be detached so that they cannot harm you. Being paranoid is probably not the best route, though. People you know in your everyday life can do the same thing also - wear masks. One thing I have noticed is how many people attempt to be clever online and make people laugh via their charm and persona (or memes) - this also is something I think is very Mercury-Neptune. I actually find that a bit annoying because I prefer people to be genuine and honest, but I am a very Plutonic person who accepts that people have flaws and I often even like that about them.

Internet forums, especially special interest ones where you can have a fake name, are of a much different energy than social (especially professional) networking sites.

The internet in general though serves a lot of purposes, but primarily I see it disseminating information, which to me is very 3rd house/Mercury. There are written words, pictures, audio, etc. but they all do the same thing in the end. The fact that this information occurs so quickly leads me to tag it to Mercury even more.

Tanit3333:

You are straying from my original point. So, it's time to reel in the reins.

Maybe it would be MUCH more helpful if you could just acknowledge that certain players on this site bring with them a Neptunian (hidden) agenda. Unless you can accept that evil exists, (you seem to avoid this fact) then, we are philosophically very different.

Also, when people hide behind their hidden names and start attacking others, that is just ethically wrong.

We all know what Mercury means. However, you need to acknowledge this forum's darker side !

S.

Why does it concern you so much if people have multiple personality disorders and post fake responses or charts, or whatever else weird stuff they might do, though? I don't think that would be evil, although their mental health would concern me. This site is entertainment for most of us, if astrology is not our profession. I have noticed a tendency for people with mental health issues to become obsessed with astrology, and am not surprised if people exist on this site that have psychological disorders. Why this would upset you so much is not something I understand.

To be honest, my autism makes it hard to keep people straight in general, even more so online (since I cannot attach voices or energies to a person), so whether someone is the same person or not makes little difference to me most of the time. And if they post fake things, then that is just, well, sort of sad.

Hello:

I couldn't care less if others have mental illnesses, as long as they don't bug me, personally, and or attack me with silly, defamatory postings. There are certain animals in the jungle, like the lion and the cobra, that you don't want to p*ss off, and I am like them.

S.

Re: (Modern) Astrology - Social Networks

Miss Watson wrote: In the case of Horary Questions and Electional Astrology to launch websites, Social Networks, nowadays becoming popular among Digital Influencers and even Entrepreneurship companies involving technology (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), where should we look?
I miss modern books on this subject.

PS: Disregarding the public recognition we may want to obtain, which I know is the 10th house.
I would put social connections of these kind as the 11th house personally, with emphasis on communication one to one with a particular person (PMs etc.) as being 7th and 3rd.

But really social networks are as much about portraying a particular image of oneself often to gain recognition in some way and so quite often people in practice ask questions about social media as just a modern way of asking about promoting one's standing in the world or recognition or ability to influence and I would put those things as the 10th.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Tanit3333 wrote: I have noticed a tendency for people with mental health issues to become obsessed with astrology, and am not surprised if people exist on this site that have psychological disorders.
The mentally ill, though, do have every to be passionate or obsessed about astrology, just as the mentally well are passionate?

Obsession is only a danger, in my view, if your overall life success is being sacrificed or limited by it.

For example, say you are unemployed, living on the streets, and or underemployed and have bleak prospects for the future, yet, you come on here and post for no good reason, or post excessively.

Anything in excess is actually not good, and contrary to your own dharma and why you are on this physical plane to begin with.

Therefore, pursue one goal, whatsover. But, first determine, what is the goal.

S.