horary: applying and separating aspects

These three questions about horary can be answered with a quick yes or no.

Am I right in thinking:

When an applying aspect is imminent, will a contemporaneous event be discovered in the world that matches the nature of the planets/aspect when the orb shrinks towards zero?

When a separating aspect is fading, will a recently occurring event in the world dissipate that corresponds to the nature of the planets/aspect?

Is it fair to measure the strength of an earthly event in terms of the width of the orb? (Apart from the luminaries.)

Thanks, John
:'
"The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction." - William Blake

When an applying aspect is imminent, will a contemporaneous event be discovered in the world that matches the nature of the planets/aspect when the orb shrinks towards zero?
Possibly, but not always. Aspects can be denied perfection due to the aspect type (such as a square and opposition being too difficult, and sextile being too weak) and lack of reception, or encounter obstacles that stop it or get in the way, such as prohibition and frustration.

When a separating aspect is fading, will a recently occurring event in the world dissipate that corresponds to the nature of the planets/aspect?
Not if it the light of the separating aspect is translated to another planet. Additionally, the last aspect can be the only aspect, in which case a separating aspect may be the end of the matter completely (the end of a matter doesn't dissipate, it just is).

Is it fair to measure the strength of an earthly event in terms of the width of the orb? (Apart from the luminaries.)
I don't think so, especially such a vague statement. Width of orb of what? A sextile?

In general, an applying aspect indicates a current situation that is already going on now or soon will be (things are building up, new things are happening, etc.). An aspect that reaches perfection (zero orb) is now occurring and has reached the conclusion or peak of the situation (a culmination or moment of truth). A separating aspect indicates the event is over but felt, or things are ending or the matter has settled and this is the energy left over. These aspects must be within orb of influence to be most relevant. So, you have the right idea. Still, there is more to it than that.

Unfortunately, trying to predict if/when something happens based on a zero degree orb doesn't always work and is one of the reasons, as a scientist, I view astrology as a hobby and would never give up my day job.

No, strength of a situation is not by aspect orb. It is by the influences of the planets involved. For example, the superiors (Mars, Jupiter and Saturn) exhibit a stronger influence than the inferiors in regards to an aspect and also a planet's strength deals with the essential and accidental dignity involved as well as the type of aspect. We wouldn't say a sextile has a stronger influence at zero degree orb than a conjunction at 8 degrees, for example. Also, dexter aspects tend to be stronger, more direct than sinister ones (however, a lighter planet that casts a dexter aspect to a malefic is dominated by the malefic and it is considered much more difficult). Reception also adds strength to an aspect. Without it, some aspects are not strong enough to amount to much or sometimes anything at all.

Separating versus applying can also perhaps show differences in strength. A full moon is stronger when applying versus separating, for example. But any other planet will depend.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects.html#ado[/b][/quote]

I hope someone can give me an answer to this little question: when 1 significator is in domicile house& sign, and the house also involved in the question bares the planet which is exalted in it, and Moon is on the axis (7th) so all looks fantastic - but existing aspects between planets are separating, what has more weight? Should the answer be positive or negative?
To sum it up: significators & houses in question = in excellent condition
But aspects are separating
Is it the yes or no? Is it "the chance is gone" maybe? Or else?
I'm novice in this and am always practising various branches of astrology when significant events are about to occure...
Hope to be enlightened by someone
Thanks whoever bothers to answer :)

What are the planets applying to next and is there any other body that would bring the two together? It is hard to theorize without seeing the chart because each chart has different factors going on. A separating aspect generally shows something coming to an end but this really depends. For example, say the Moon was separating from Saturn and applying to another planet - the Moon is translating the light of Saturn to another planet. Is that planet dignified and receives the Moon? That other planet would perfect the matter and it wouldn't necessarily be negative.

I can't tell you based on this information alone the outcome.

You mention the Moon being in the 7th and the 7th ruler being dignified and holding an exalted planet. One current scenario comes to mind with Cancer rising and Cap on the 7th. Moon in Capricorn is in detriment, so that is not great. Traditionally, Moon in the 7th would indicate the querent is the fonder of the two parties (being swifter and in the house of the quesited both) and if the two planets are separating and the quesited is Saturn in its own house, then this is a very difficult chart and would indicate feelings were not equal and feelings of rejection would be likely. If the Moon is applying to Mars in the 7th it would also be besieged. If the 7th holds both Saturn and Mars and the Moon is besieged between them then I would personally warn the querent to not pursue this relationship. It is likely to cause great pain or even maybe physical harm. The fact that the Moon is received and both malefics are dignified helps but that is still classically a very difficult influence. Mars would perfect the matter, but from the 7th Mars is not a very positive influence, particularly when beseigment is involved. I have never seen Mars in Capricorn show physical harm (its fiery nature is under control) and it can be positive but here it is having some bad influences by being angular and Saturn lording over it and the 7th house. Saturn is not generally a great planet to lord over the 7th - it is more painful and difficult.

Here is more on besiegment:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/beseiged.html

If Jupiter was helping to mitigate Saturn and Mars, that can be more positive, but even in natal charts where I see Jupiter conjunct Saturn/Mars in the 7th, the native still usually has devastating disappointments in relationships