toronto van attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_van_attack

it seems like this was some kind of terrorist act, but it might be the guy was very mentally unstable too.. hard to know.. here is a chart for the event immediately below..

below is a noon chart for the person responsible - alek minassian, who is now charged with 10 counts of murder and another 18 or so of attempted murder...

what is interesting here astrologically for me - and i hope others chime in on what they see that i might miss - is the place of the nodal axis - my recurring theme of late... one very critical part of minassians chart is the sun/saturn square.. this is where the transiting nodal axis is at present.. also of note - the sun/moon phase in minassians noon chart is very similar to the one found in the event chart..

there are a number of other cross aspects between the two charts that are interesting as well, but if i was to just focus on one theme, it would be the transiting nodal axis to his natal chart.. i do ponder the close mars-pluto conjunction in the event chart with his mars-pluto natal trine... the opposition of pluto to his natal mars seems to stick out here as a consequence... then there is the close 135 from t mercury to his natal pluto as well... t mars is 45 his own natal mercury as well.. the 45 between t jupiter and natal jupiter is also interesting, given jupiter is the planet rising before sun and strong in terms of planetary strength natally... perhaps some philosophical dimension is behind his rationale for this horrific act... it is hard to understand in any rational way, but i thought i would share what i saw on a transit level back to his noon chart time..

Yes James I agree re the importance of the nodal axis. Currently it lies on the heliocentric nodes of Neptune.

Several indications with Neptune - Firstly death, (which he has brought to many) but also drugs - he looks under the influence of something - look at his eyes if you can bear to. Also with Neptune, confusion and deception which might indicate mind control being exerted upon him.

Obviously we would like to see his birth time but in his chart Pluto conjoins Unukulhai and the north node conjoins Lesath. Both these stars can be associated with psychopaths.

Also that Uranus/Neptune conj. would most certainly have a significant place in his chart. Many disturbed individuals were born under that conj. which was exact in Feb and August 1993 but affected many people born from 1991 to 1994, some of whom would have become today's terrorists.

In the event chart we have Mars on the H north node of Pluto, Pluto square the exaltation degree of Saturn and Saturn on the H south node of Jupiter which itself is close to Unukulhai !

Finally something I only discovered yesterday is that Uranus is currently
conjoining the Andromeda M31 galaxy which is at a latitude of 33 degrees - an occult number.

Eliot said "April is the cruellest month" This April yes !

hi vicki,

i am not sure about april being the cruelest month.. i see the leaders of north and south korea got together yesterday and it seemed very positive!

this toronto van attack was indeed horrific... i think of all the innocent people affected by this event and i feel very sad that this happened.

thanks for your astro comments and insights! perhaps we will get a birth chart for this fellow one day.. i have heard about this movement called the incel movement that apparently the man elliot rodgers / isla vista 2014 killings- was responsible for in the past as being possibly connected to this mans actions.. i don't know how relevant that is..