Should I stop working as Graphic Designer?

Hi,
In this Horary Question, Pisces and Neptune is in 10th House. This, by itself, is a factor of my frustration with this career?
I work as freelancer, but I'm not sure I have to consider the 6th House too. Since my country came into a big crisis, a very few jobs are coming and I'm almost 30.

I concluded this Venus rising is a good chance to something better come, since is square to Neptune and Sextile Mercury.
I got lost into this interpretation when I tried to consider Jupiter and Moon. Do you think these planets should be considered too?

hi Miss Watson,

I'm sorry to hear that your current situation regarding employment isn't delivering the satisfaction you'd hoped. I think at some stage we've all been there, and it isn't pleasant. factor that in with what I'm assuming is a Saturn return (as you said you're nearing 30), and we can get a sense for the kind of pressure and intensity you must be feeling at the moment.

you've made a few points, so I'll see if I can address those but will also take some time to throw a few ideas out there to see how they land.

to start, we have an early degree rising. this is generally an indication that a question is being asked before a situation has fully or properly developed, or that the querent's mind is young in its understanding of the situation under review. I would guess here that this is the beginning stages of you starting to ask questions about whether you should be getting out of graphic design. the idea's likely to have crossed your mind, but with an early degree on the ascendant, I'm inclined to think you're still unsure what you'd do if you left graphic design, and if you'd be happier doing that. tons to consider.

we've got Gemini on the ascendant, a sign that's highly skilled in spatial awareness/design, typeface, etc., and with Venus in the ascendant I think this chart says you're well suited for the career you're in -- good design is not much more than aesthetically pleasing (Venus) communication (Gemini/Mercury), both visual (Venus) and verbal (Gemini/Mercury). that Venus is the exaltation ruler of the midheaven & 5th house by sign also indicate the same, though Venus's rulership over the 12th house brings in some connections to.. well, how to put it.. perhaps an approach which expects contracts to come to you/your company, instead of actively seeking out contracts and opportunities. I'll get back to this later because what's happening with Mercury here is going to be of interest.

in terms of the suitability of the career, I would look to the 10th house. (I understand some argue for the 6th house in career matters, but I think philosophically and practically the reasoning there isn't as strong as using the 10th house, so the latter is the route I take.) lots going on here -- the 10th house has Pisces on the cusp. Pisces is a great sign to have on the cusp of the midheaven if you're looking for contract work, or are a freelancer, as Pisces is neither too hasty (like the cardinal signs) nor too permanent (like the fixed signs). Pisces is also a rather creative sign, when not afflicted anyway.

Neptune in the midheaven might be casting a great deal of confusion about how to proceed, but I probably wouldn't put too much emphasis on Neptune. I would chalk up your frustration with your career to the 10th-ruler Jupiter being retrograde in the 6th house. when the 10th-ruler is in the 6th, it evokes images of someone working very hard with very little recognition, acknowledgement, etc., or perhaps someone overworked, expending a lot of energy to get very little return. the retrogradation of Jupiter might imply that you've experienced frustration like this before, and you're revisiting that old ground.

there are a few aspects here really calling my attention. I'd be interested in knowing why the Moon is in the 7th house, just separating now from an opposition to Venus in the 1st house. Venus rules the 5th and 12th houses, and the 10th by exaltation, which connects the topics of creativity, career, but also 'self-undoing' (if you want to defer to that overused keyword). the Moon's opposition to a planet in the 1st also suggests some kind of self-inflicted difficulty here, very likely in terms of business partnerships as the Moon is in the 7th. but there are many ways to interpret these symbols, so I think I would have to defer to you to see if this paragraph rings true, or if there's a different way to unite the same symbolism to map back to what you've recently been experiencing.

Mercury, your significator, is now separating from a square to Saturn. that's a big deal, so personally I'd want to explore that too -- why Mercury (you) has recently had a square to Saturn which rules the 8th and 9th houses. any thoughts there?

if you notice, both the 1st-ruler and 10th-ruler are disposited by Mars -- Mercury is in Aries, Jupiter in Scorpio. and if we notice, Mars is exalted at 24º Capricorn. this is a fairly good placement for Mars, though he's in the 8th house. the dispositor of a planet is the ruler of its environment, as if both Mercury and Jupiter are somehow connected to the well-being and productivity of Mars in this chart. the exalted planet in a house which rules anxiety and fear of loss makes sense to me in the larger context of this question -- as I said before, this chart seems to say you're well suited to this career, there are just a great number of fears right now about sustainability. fair enough.

what I'm noticing is that Mars is currently carrying the light of Jupiter from their recent sextile. Mars and Jupiter were in sextile at 20º of their current signs. these two met in the sky on April 24 when the Moon was at 21º Leo, then separating from a square to Jupiter and applying to the Sun at 3º Taurus by trine (and the Sun rules the 3rd house in the horary, so again has connections to contracts and negotiations).

so that's all in the past -- Mars, the dispositor of the 1st- and 10th-rulers, met with the 10th-ruler by sextile. Mars' next aspect will be the received square of Mercury, your significator, which takes place on the 12th of May. so there's a symbolic picture here that isn't quite collection or translation, but something in between: Mars is carrying the promise from Jupiter (10th-ruler) of more success, honor, glory, career opportunity (all 10th house themes), but Mercury must make the application to Mars to capitalize on that, i.e., there is plenty of success to be had, but you need to put in a great deal of effort to make this graphic design career work. again, this is shown by Mars to Jupiter, Mercury to Mars with reception.

when Mercury and Mars perfect their square on May 12, the Moon will be at 13º Aries (right on the horary Mercury), and the Sun at 21º Taurus (in trine to the horary Mars, but also in aspect to where the Moon was back when Mars and Jupiter connected by sextile). so again, the perfection of this square happening when the Moon conjoins the horary Mercury points me to a need for more effort in attracting potential clients.

I think the real opportunity here is in improving networking. I say this because Mars holds the key to connecting Mercury and Jupiter, and Mars rules the 11th house with 1st-ruler Mercury in the 11th (and, when Mercury and Mars meet in real-time, the Moon will be on the 11th cusp, bringing this all together).

could you leave? certainly, if that's what you wanted to do, although I have my suspicions that you might not be sure yourself what you'd want to do after graphic design. but this horary seems hopeful to me that if you (or your company, however you get your contracts) are willing to put in a little extra elbow grease in the form of increased networking, marketing and outreach, you'd eventually find the success you've been looking for.
http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

Hi Wade,
Your answer was so accurate!!! It sounds you could read all my thoughts!

- Early degree rising: Yes, I've been considering to get out of graphic design but I have no clue what to do if I quit this job, since this crisis affects the jobs available too in the country, and the submitted resumes didn't work.

- I'm writing a book, but I also want a 'solid' career where I can be safe (I mean, finance independency where I can sustain myself). That's the reason I thought this Venus rising may be a promisse of something better coming.

Actually, I think my insecurity and despair about everything was reflect in the astral map, and I just tried to see/interpretate just what I wanted to see. As you've said:
"there are just a great number of fears right now about sustainability"

- "when the 10th-ruler is in the 6th, it evokes images of someone working very hard with very little recognition, acknowledgement, etc., or perhaps someone overworked, expending a lot of energy to get very little return."
Exactly! I've been working for over 7 years, and I've tried everything, including partnerships. But the jobs stopped coming, and midst these uncertainties, I lost the force (Mars) to keep trying.
"I think the real opportunity here is in improving networking."

I do appreciate your answer and effort in helping me! It was very enlightening. :D
Thank you so much!

I am so happy to see Wade here ! I was so impressed with his predictions in his site. And I will now re-read my chart I cast this afternoon for the same question based on his points above.

Miss Watson - I wish you the very best going forward. I understand what it is like to have economic crisis in one's country, I am going through it as well. Hope we will all cope with it.
Breeze

Re: Hi there

AnastasiiaO wrote:I was impressed of your post and would like to give you an advice. In the way you want to change your workplace and a job, I recommend you to use the source where all designer vacancies are posted from the most known jobboards: https://uk.jooble.org/jobs-graphic-designer
But what if you could look to the stars to find your calling?
Some believe that you can do exactly this through the power of the zodiac signs :D
Hi, AnastasiiaO,
I appreciate your advice and concern. I stopped to meditate about this question and I endep up quiting this job. I tried to marketing and outreach and had no results.
Coincidence or not, about my personal transits, Transiting Uranus is Square Directed Midheaven and this transit was strongest 5 days before I decided this.
What I'm gonna do now, I still don't know, but I felt a kind of relief when stopped working.
Thanks!