Mystery Chart-May 2018

As with last month I am displaying the Mystery chart first without outer planets. I think that fits the ethos of the traditional forum.

I have noticed a real dearth of female nativities in previous mystery charts. So I think its well overdue to have another female chart here.

Zodiac: Tropical
House System: Placidus and Whole Sign displayed
Rodden rating: AA

Assuming enough interest I am planning to make the Mystery chart a monthly event here.
Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Re: Mystery Chart-May 2018

Mark wrote:As with last month I am displaying the Mystery chart first without outer planets. I think that fits the ethos of the traditional forum.

I have noticed a real dearth of female nativities in previous mystery charts. So I think its well overdue to have another female chart here.

Zodiac: Tropical
House System: Placidus and Whole Sign displayed
Rodden rating: AA

Assuming enough interest I am planning to make the Mystery chart a monthly event here.
Mark
I'll take a stab at it. Since there wasn't a particular focus given by Mark for the reading I'll just start and ramble wherever...
Of course the first thing that jumps out is the partile opposition between Mars and retrograde Saturn. This is some crazy energy between two natural malefics that also happen to be functional malefics since Mars rules the eighth and Mars the sixth. Saturn also occupying the eighth to boot. Hmm, what to make of that! As a woman born in the Victorian era, this would help her to stand out in a male dominated society for sure. She is definitely a unique individual. Very focused, very disciplined mentally and emotionally. Saturn often has a lot to do with profession in life and this one is so strong. The Aries/Libra thing makes me think science, Saturn in the 8th, metals or ores, coal or oil and Mars brings chemical, or engineering to the mix.
Saturn in the eighth opposing the Sun/Mars conjunction gives a long life and Saturn is trining the ascendant with gives a hearty constitution.
Venus and Mercury in the third gives writing ability which I'm sure the Mars Saturn opposition provides her plenty of mental grist to scribe to the world.
The Piscean Moon's close trine to Venus and the wider trine to Mercury gives a "my way or the highway" slant to her emotional makeup and relationships/sex.
There's definitely more to flush out of this chart, but I will stop here.

Re: Mystery Chart-May 2018

Arvind wrote: Of course the first thing that jumps out is the partile opposition between Mars and retrograde Saturn. This is some crazy energy between two natural malefics that also happen to be functional malefics since Mars rules the eighth and Mars the sixth.
Maybe some mental problems or some awful illness?
Mars-Saturn like that could not promise anything good....
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

A writer/activist who writes about exploitation or is exploited; and is crippled financially due to mismanagement, bad debts or illness

based on
1. Mercury in 3rd ruling ASC/MC
2. Moon separating from Mercury and applying to Venus
3. Opposition of Sun/Mars and Saturn/Jupiter in 2nd/8th houses

thanks for doing this mark,

as i read it - mercury, ruler of the ascendant in the 3rd conjunct venus and both trine moon in the 6th house - 7th sign- probably a writer.. someone outspoken on sexual issues too as i read it...sun/ mars in opp to saturn over the 2nd8th houses with mars ruling the 3rd/8th, while saturn rules the 5/6.. no children.. maybe some early lesbian rights proponent...

north node is cap brings us back to the saturn position and talent for 5th sign activities - creative stuff..

i am guessing she is the daughter of some wealthy person (who wanted a son perhaps) who decided to do her own thing... living in a foreign country perhaps?

i am wondering if she married..i think the mars/saturn opposition in her chart would make it difficult, however i do feel there is a need for a partnership of sorts - moon in pisces in the 7th sign - jupiter in aries in the 7th house area..

a writer seems the most likely profession... i look forward to learning who it is.. thanks.

Vasanth and James: Once I read your posts, I think your totally right about the activist and outspoken part of this persons' life and personality.

James, the sexual issues are obvious once you pointed it out, but I don't recant anything I've already delineated.

hi Mark -- this looks like a lot of fun, thanks for posting.

I'm going to preference the Placidus chart shown, as I don't believe sign-as-house systems were used in the past in the same way we use and adapt houses today.

I have to agree with what most everyone has said -- the Sun/Mars conjunction in opposition to Saturn is the most striking feature of this chart. here we have three masculine planets in masculine signs, with quite forcible aspects involved (the conjunction and opposition). knowing that she's a female, it does seem to me that this planetary backdrop would encourage the native to grow into a vocal opponent of public opinion/policy regarding something very close to the native's heart. I'm not entirely sure what that is, though I'm tempted to connect it back to the 5th and 8th houses somehow. this is because it's the Sun and Mars 'teaming up', as it were, against a retrograde Saturn in the 8th, Saturn ruling the 5th. retrograde Saturn.. hm, perhaps an opponent of a regressive stance on something concerning 5th house affairs? others have mentioned children or creativity, I think the angle on children might make the most sense (and when the 8th house is joined with the 5th, we might have to connect images of life and death of children and one's issue). but perhaps this is actually about censorship and not about children at all (trying to weave in the 'creativity' theme instead, but not sure how to without understand the context of the time in which this native lived).

I'd agree with the others that it looks like her weapon was very likely her pen. Virgo rising, Moon in trine to Mercury, Mercury and Venus conjunct with Venus in the 3rd, Mercury ruling the 10th. but I have to imagine there was a fair deal of trouble here. South Node in the 10th, the Sun and Mars opposing Saturn from signs of debility, Mars ruling the 3rd and 8th bringing together significations of writing and loss/difficulty, the dispositor of Sun/Mars being Venus in the 3rd in sign of fall. Venus rules the 9th so wonder if she had tremendous legal opposition. the oppositions here though are all mutually received (Sun/Mars receiving Saturn by sign, Saturn the Sun/Mars by exaltation), so while I imagine her life was very tumultuous, she wouldn't have wanted to give up 'the fight', and she would've accepted her lot of difficulty with modest finish lines of success.

Sun and Mars in the 2nd, both debilitated, 2nd-ruler cadent and in fall -- I imagine she had significant financial pressures, or tended to squander whatever money she had. Pisces on 7th cusp with 7th-ruler retrograde, and Moon in Pisces -- perhaps she married more than once, or divorced and did not re-marry. wondering if there's something with an inheritance of a husband's, as 7th-ruler is in the 8th, 8th-ruler in the 2nd.

Virgo rising with Mercury in Scorpio -- simple, plain, small features, though dark. Mercury in conjunction with Venus in Scorpio: likely someone who adopted style trends of the time, though they somehow didn't suit her (perhaps she didn't put enough effort into it to avoid looking a bit disheveled -- but if I'm right about even a little of the above, she had bigger fish to fry than hair and dress).

wondering if she had children herself. looks like there was significant difficulty there if she had, or perhaps lost a child due to Saturn's retrogradation in the 8th, in opposition to 8th-ruler.

I saw another say she was born in the Victorian era and thinking I might've let that influence how I interpreted the chart to come up with a lot of the above. got to give credit where it's due. that said, if this person wasn't born in a country where Victorian lifestyle would've had much effect... who knows! :)
http://wadecaves.com | hello@wadecaves.com

Hello Folks,

There are some spookily accurate comments here. I am away from home until Wednesday night and don't have access to my laptop with my astro software until then. I was initially planning to post the chart up with outer planets before revealing who this is but if you would prefer to simply have the Mystery chart woman identified by then I could do that instead.

What do you prefer?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Hello Folks,

There are some spookily accurate comments here. I am away from home until Wednesday night and don't have access to my laptop with my astro software until then. I was initially planning to post the chart up with outer planets before revealing who this is but if you would prefer to simply have the Mystery chart woman identified by then I could do that instead.

What do you prefer?

Mark
personally I'd be interested to see if the outer planets plug into anything significant here, so my vote would be to wait for that, but I'm not bothered either way. very curious though! wondering if this a well-known person, or perhaps someone less broadly recognized, because I can't think of anyone fitting what everyone's said off the top of my head. (but perhaps that just means she's not American! LOL)

I agree with what others said about her being a writer, and her writing likely involved taboo sexual topics - a sign of Mercury rising, Mercury ruling the 10th and probably in the 3rd in Regiomonatnus (?) conjunct a detrimented Venus. Someone mentioned her having a difficult love life, and I would say that makes sense to me as well with her Sun/Mars conjunction opposite Saturn, but also due to the 7th ruler being retrograde and in the 8th. She may have experienced a death of a husband and likely married more than once with Pisces (fruitful) on the descendant and her Sun and Jupiter in cardinal signs (signifying more than one). Her 8th is very difficult and the 5th ruler is also in the 8th. I have a niece with similar sorts of emphasis and she experienced the death of a child a few days after birth that scarred her very deeply, although she has other healthy children as well. Additionally, I would think this woman's own death would be very difficult and perhaps due to a very painful and chronic illness.

Tanit3333 wrote:I agree with what others said about her being a writer, and her writing likely involved taboo sexual topics - a sign of Mercury rising, Mercury ruling the 10th and in the 3rd conjunct a detrimented Venus.
ah, good catch there re: Venus in detriment funneling writing exercises into sexually taboo topics. also realizing that I think wrote Venus in fall in my contribution, but meant in detriment.
Tanit3333 wrote:Her 8th is very difficult and the 5th ruler is also in the 8th. I have a niece with similar sorts of emphasis and she experienced the death of a child a few days after birth that scarred her very deeply, although she has other healthy children as well.
yeah, this was the connection I was a bit worried about myself. but also as this aspect (Mars to Saturn) is the tightest in the chart, seems to me that it will be more than just an event like the death of a child. something involving 5th and 8th house things would permeate the professional life, too (notice Mars and Saturn also connect to the MC by trine/sextile, respectively), or perhaps the death of a child generated the desire to speak out about something. but all this 5th and 8th house conversation is now making me think about abortion and conversations about women's reproductive rights (given the extreme emphasis on masculine planets and signs with these houses involved). hm..
Tanit3333 wrote:Additionally, I would think this woman's own death would be very difficult and perhaps due to a very painful and chronic illness.
is this due to Jupiter's rulership of the 6th also ruling the 4th and/or being conjunct the 8th cusp?

is this due to Jupiter's rulership of the 6th also ruling the 4th and/or being conjunct the 8th cusp?
The 6th ruler in the 8th definitely would be a factor (and I didn't notice the 4th house connection - so even more so), but also the malefics combining with the Sun in aspect with the 8th and Mars lording over the 8th opposite Saturn in the 8th. Saturn around deaths can sometimes emphasize a chronic illness or a very painful one (more so with Mars), but I would think this would be a very strong likelihood when the 6th ruler is involved with the 8th also.