Multiple spouses

Hello. Are there any techniques or texts that can help us distinguish one marriage/spouse from the next?

In today's society it's not uncommon to have more than 1 or 2 marriages, so I would like to learn to distinguish one spouse from the next for clients. I had a recent client who was divorced after what she described as a "terrible" marriage that she wanted out of, to re-marrying sometime later to her current spouse who she described as her best friend.

I thought about using zodiacal releasing from the Lot of Eros or Lot of Marriage, but thought I'd ask on here to see what others have done. If you can point me in the direction of any texts on this, I'd appreciate that also.

Thanks!

For Hellenistic authors:
Valens examines marriage in Book 2.38
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Ve ... entire.pdf

Dorotheus also treats marriage extensively in book 2.1-7. 2.5 is on the number of marriages.

Ptolemy also does in 4.5, although his method is quite different - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/R ... 4B*.html#5

I say examine Venus, VII and the Lot of Marriage (Jupiter to Venus, reverse by night). If all three fall in changeable (cardinal) and double-bodied (mutable) signs, you predict more than one marriage (as in separation and divorce for western cultures), if the Ascendant and the Moon are in passionate degrees (Cancer, Libra, Scorpio, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces), it happens through the lust of the native, otherwise it happens through the partner (if the Lot is in passionate degrees), if not through some other quarrel or pretext.

If the domicile rulers of Venus, VII and the Lot of Marriage also fall in changeable or double-bodied signs, then you predict more than three marriages. If only the domicile rulers are unfavorably placed, then you predict one divorce, but it happens later in life (since the rulers signify the end of matters). Moon under the rays of the Sun, and Mars being with Venus, VII and the Lot also signify many affairs. Jupiter being present or in aspect with all, however, signifies fidelity and one fortunate marriage. When the Lot and Venus happen to be in Taurus and Leo, and the malefics behold them, they cause grief from affairs and widowers, but when benefics behold them, they cause fortunate marriage.

In general, it is useful to examine the universals of that given country first, since some countries are more inclined to divorce than others - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography Ptolemy also says similar for predictions of marriage, since marriage to cousins is taboo in some western countries, but common in the Middle East. Similarly, in some Islamic countries, it is permissible for the man to take multiple wives. Arabic Dorotheus says a native takes two wives with Venus in double-bodied sign. I also don't see why domestic partnership or long-term affairs with cohabitation are not to be regarded as ''marriages''.

The time of marriage (if there is one) is certain when Saturn by day, Jupiter, Sun or Moon distributes to Venus in decennials at an appropriate age, or when the Predominator reaches the ray of Jupiter or Venus by primary directions. The year is signified by the Ascendant and the Lights profecting to benefics, especially Venus. Separations and divorce (if there is one) happen in malefic chronocratorship, otherwise there would be quarrels and jealousy.