The Nodes with Saturn & Mars till the Autumn ?

I think this needs to be recorded. As it runs for about 6 weeks.

However, whether the Node receives an inconjunction might be debated.

If it does then there mas be strong Karma in there with the Node in the Sun's decan and r.Saturn at Home by Sign and decan.

Who wins ?

What's the deal. Destiny being bent by the power of retrograde Authority.

In the News - USA v Iran, and 50 dead Palestinians v Israel's Border Guards over the US Embassy move.

Big big big themes

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wrapped up with r.Saturn's 150° aspect to the North Node is Mars's conjunction to the South Node.

The Vedic Komilla Sutton writes this ...

www.komilla.com/planetary-news.html

"Mars represent fire and so does Ketu. Two fire planets together can be combustible, and we need to be careful that it does not consume us. Ketu represents past karma and its conjunction with Mars can bring old karmic issues to light, they can be areas of anger and aggression that we had buried deep or unresolved issues about power. When or if they erupt, then we must deal with them with calmness and wisdom – impulsive reactions are not going to be very helpful. Three (vedic) signs most impacted are Aries, Scorpio and Capricorn."

You'll read many different view on the Nodes. I think natally they can be very sensitive.

"There are three conjunctions with Ketu. These are intense days. We should keep life simple around that time. Mars Ketu has potential of terrorism and negative activity, so we should try to avoid travelling, going to major public gatherings and generally being cautious around these dates.

Ketu conjunctions with Mars are:
13 June – 14°4 Capricorn – Shravana
18 July - 12°15 Capricorn – Shravana
22 September - 8°45 Capricorn – Uttara Ashadha

26 June - Mars retrogrades in Capricorn from 26 June to 26 August – 15°6 to 4°29 Capricorn. As Mars slows down to turn retrograde, a few days before 26 June, we may feel life slowing down and projects or plans being blocked or not going anywhere. I always find it is best not to travel on the day of Mars retrograde as it can cause disruptions. The energy is confused – there is no decisiveness, waiting for Mars to retrograde before making decisions as ideas can change, actions reversed. Aries and Scorpio need to be especially observant."

H

The Node and r.Saturn completing their inconjunction today.

We've had some serious Karmic stuff in Germany with Merkel's power being opening questioned by her partners, and Trump playing hard ball with the Chinese over Tariffs.

I'd say those are classic 150° energies.

H

So I thought that Saturn and The Node had done their stuff, but soon enough Saturn will dance again with the Node in late July.

Mars too. And then again Mars and the Node in the Autumn.

This stand off between Trump and China of course can blow out of control.

Uranus trine r.Saturn, and Jupiter crossing Neptune to Pluto in July to Sept suggest harmony may be found, but The Nodes aren't far from the action too.

Certainly the square of Uranus to The Nodes that is building now and MUST kick in once Saturn SDs in Sept is a big threat.

H

I agree that there are a lot of definitions regarding the nodes. From a traditional standpoint, a malefic (Mars) with the south node is considered a better placement because the south node decreases the malefic properties of that planet. In cases of conflict, there would more likely be a controlling force over the matter rather than things heating up, for example, because Mars's more natural qualities of inciting conflict, separation, violence, war, etc. are decreased. Were it the north node, that is considered more difficult because it augments the malefic energies.

tanit, thanks for mentioning that to rocko... i had mentioned something similar the past 1/2 year - mars on the south node, but it felt like it fell on deaf ears.. i mentioned this june 2nd - earlier this month..

james_m wrote:hi rocko,

thanks for sharing joni patry's 'predictions'... it is quite us centric..

back to the july 27th lunar eclipse... as for mars on the south node - i don't view it as a negative.. i think sun on north node with the moon light out is more a potential self centered negative... sun opp mars isn't so great..i generally think of it as someone who might unintentionally run into opposition on a regular basis that results in conflict...
on another note - rocko i saw this and thought of you immediately, lol..

http://theastrologypodcast.com/2018/06/ ... -uac-2018/

Yes I remember your comment on the South Node. I still can't get a completely satisfactory take on it, but perhaps "The Node" (North Node) is more important ?

I'm NOT sure what your other point is ? Are we de-scoping Predictions from Astrology ?

H

hi rocko,

not so much any point, but i thought you would enjoy listening to that podcast as it is discussing the idea of prediction in astrology... this was a specific topic that you and sabumin had focused on more pointedly a few times when i was making some comments you both felt weren't offering much in the way of prediction... perhaps you have forgotten those comments.. i am loath to dig them up!

I saw a few of the Names on the podcast, and wouldn't give them the time of day. But equally I think Philosophical Questions about the application of Astrology are important.

Transit Management ?

I've been enjoying the Harmony on this site so I don't wish to go back to those miserably -VE few months.

Cheers,

H

I still can't get a completely satisfactory take on it, but perhaps "The Node" (North Node) is more important ?
Traditionally, I don't think one is more significant than the other, they just have opposing meanings, as the dragon's head versus tail. On an angle or in the house of the matter, the south node can be difficult, say if the matter is a 10th house one, such as the condition of leadership in a nation, and it is placed there - that house has a negative and decreasing influence over it. For benefics, the north node increases their positive qualities while the south node decreases them and makes them weaker to do good or to combat malefic forces. It could be significant for a benefic to be conjunct the south node because in a difficult situation that benefic is incapable of mitigating negative forces. For malefics, the opposite is true, as I mentioned. The Moon is an exception, as the nodes are eclipse points for her and either placement is deemed difficult (and could be significant).

I have been wondering about a possible earthquake in California, especially the bay area. The nodes in Aqua/Leo (in either direction) have been significant in bay area earthquakes in the past and one controversial study on earthquakes has been following trends and they think the Hawaii volcanic eruptions are likely to be coinciding with potential earthquakes in California. It could be that they occur after Mars moves into a different sign, I wonder, but that will be a while since it is going retrograde soon. We'll see, though.

These nodes are also aspecting the natal chart of the US (a nodal return). San Francisco has various natal charts but the one I think fits it the best has the same nodes also.

Hawaii actually has Mars in Aqu in the 4th, so this transit might be explaining the volcanic eruptions a bit. Even if Mars is conjunct the SN, on an angle and in the 4th, I could see it having potential to cause damage to land and perhaps this will continue until off and on until Mars moves direct out of Aqu.

I live in the sf bay area and the morning sky was yellow due to smoke from a raging wildfire in wine country north of here. It's the second fire in 2 weeks and only 3% contained at this point. The first was rather bad, 1 death and several homes destroyed.