SF Mayor election

Hello Forum,

Today is California election day and I erected a chart for the San Francisco Mayor race.

I placed Mark Leno in 1st house and London Breed in 7th house. My prediction is Leno will win. Venus in radix 10th, Cancer at MC. There's mix reception between Venus and the Moon tonight when the polls close at 8pm (Pacific time).

Look at the Saturn's exact conjunction at 7*27' Capricorn with IC (that's Breed's turned 10th) I wonder if Saturn here represents so called "Super PAC" (huge donations to Breed from big industries, such as real estate developers). I will post the result later.

Date: Mo., 4 June 2018 at 2:49 PM
San Francisco, CA (US)

http://tinypic.com/r/29p92dj/9

From our local news station, KCBS at 9:40PM

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Early returns show business community favorite London Breed leading in the race for San Francisco mayor, with more liberal Democrats Mark Leno and Jane Kim trailing in second and third place.

London Breed had about 36 percent of the vote with about 80,000 ballots counted.

Mark Leno was in second place with 27 percent and Supervisor Jane Kim had 18 percent.

The city has a flourishing economy led by the tech industry, but it’s also plagued by rampant homelessness. It is the city’s first competitive race for mayor in 15 years.
San Francisco uses an unusual ranked-choice voting system in which voters select their top-three favorites.

June 5, 2018 at 10:32 pm from our local news station, KCBS:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — While early returns showed business community favorite London Breed leading in the race for San Francisco mayor, more liberal Democrat Mark Leno appeared to be closing in early Wednesday.

After at first showing a strong second place with Jane Kim trailing in third, Leno reportedly picked up enough second-place ranked choice votes to narrow Breed’s lead to a dead heat.

June 6, 2018 at 7:30 am from our local news station, KCBS.

Former state Sen. Mark Leno holding a narrow lead early Wednesday morning with 50.42 percent of the vote compared to 49.58 percent for Breed with more ballots yet to count.

The latest results are here (the real results won’t be known for several days because of our ranked choice voting).

KPIX 5 LATEST:

Mayor - San Francisco - Special General
100 % Precincts Reporting Jun. 06, 2018 07:23 PM ET

Breed, London - 55,291 (35.68 %)

Leno, Mark - 40,165 (25.92 %)

Kim, Jane - 35,364 (22.82%)

I was reading 48hills' article by Tim Redmond on June 6, 2018 he wrote:

"As the wait continues, we can see some trends: Leno-Kim won in five of the 11 districts and numbers favor a Leno victory -- despite the Chron's (San Francisco Chronicle) bizarre editorial.

London Breed announced today that

not only did I get the majority of first-place votes, I basically won in about nine of 11 districts in this city. As we watch the results pour in, I think that sends a strong message.

Well, not exactly. Not even close. Not if you consider that the votes for Jane Kim were, overwhelmingly, votes against London Breed: More than 75 percent of her second-place votes went to Leno."

https://48hills.org/2018/06/as-the-wait ... me-trends/

Mission Local By Joe Eskenazi Update, June 10 at 4:10pm

"Devastatingly good numbers they are for London Breed; she has added a a shade under 1,100 votes to her lead and now has a 1,580-vote advantage over Mark Leno, 103,388 to 101,808.
That’s a 50.38 to 49.6 percent lead.

The Department of Elections crunched 17,642 votes today, meaning fewer than 10,000 vote-by-mail ballots remain to go along with some 14,000 provisional ballots."

This election is taking so long and my chart shows the Moon is VOC -- nothing will happen. However, as I understand that VOC won’t apply here because in this case, sooner or later, we will have a final result.

Both Venus (Leno) and Mars (Breed) are termed by Mercury. Mercury is combusting the Sun, although it is in Gemini which makes Mercury somewhat protected by combustion but still nobody is able to see Mercury which might be the case here. Somewhere I read that “Terms??? describe the physical look of planets (pls. correct me if I’m wrong). Since in reality, San Franciscans are familiar with both candidates therefore in this case termed by Mercury might extend so that we can’t see the winner?

Election day on Tuesday, June 5: Early returns show London Breed was leading but by end of Wednesday, Mark Leno had a lead.

On Thursday, Mark Leno was still leading Breed but Leno’s 1,121-vote lead shrank to 255.

By Friday, The Department of Elections processed 184,765 votes were counted and 19,807 votes later, Leno had 83,667 votes (50.04 percent) to Breed’s 83,523 (49.96 percent).

Saturday, new numbers came up: Breed gain 94,771(50.13 percent) to Leno’s 94,273 (49.87 percent).

Sunday, Breed continued to lead with 50.38 to 49.6 percent.

So, now I started to think my prediction might be wrong. Overall news tells me it doesn’t seem that Mark Leno will win. The moon had a minor dignity in Aquarius so I didn’t think much back then but I wonder. . . perhaps translation of light here. The Moon collected the light from Mars and transferred to MC -- is this the case?

Well, count still going on . . . :roll:

Tim Redmond writes on June 11, 2018, at https://48hills.org/2018/06/breeds-lead ... t-by-much/:

"Breed’s lead grows, but not by much. This latest survey adds just 21 votes to her lead with 17,000 still to count."

"That means the votes delivered late – the ballots that were cast at City Hall on Election Day or delivered to polling places or postmarked by June 5 – are slightly more positive for Mark Leno than the previous few days’ returns."

Update, 4:00 p.m., June 11 from the Department of Elections, quoted in https://48hills.org/2018/06/breeds-lead ... t-by-much/:

The Department continues to review more than 17,000 ballots for processing. This total includes approximately 3,000 vote-by-mail ballots and an estimated 14,000 provisional ballots.

The Department must still process approximately 3,000 vote-by-mail ballots with valid postmarks received from the post office before Friday, June 8. Additionally, the Department must re-tabulate any cards that required manual review after initial processing of vote-by-mail ballots.

I've just read the news that former state senator Mark Leno has conceded. Supervisor London Breed is the next mayor of San Francisco.

So this means she will be appointing a new supervisor to replace herself. Very interesting for me because she was my district supervisor when I woke up this morning.

I wish I could share the same optimism as many San Franciscans here. The big business industries have been successfully buying the various elections in this city therefore I expect Breed to be not much different from the policy of late former mayor, Ed Lee.

Ed Lee and London Breed have been aligned with billionaire Ron Conway and real estate investor Thomas Coates over the past several years. Breed and Lee were not very helpful when it came to improving our ongoing problem of mass evictions in the city -- so many apartments were taken over by the big real estate developers and by AirB&B.

Since 2012 we had London as our district supervisor but ever increasing problems with homeless, property theft, evictions, etc. -- we are no exception when it comes to the overall unfortunate situation in the city. It is getting worse each year: On November 8, 2016, Breed won reelection for district 5 supervisor, 52% to 48% , defeating Dean Preston. Her opponent, was working to stop evictions in our district but Breed won courtesy of big real estate developers.

Here's a few examples from daily life of cars parked on the streets in my neighborhood: I've been noticing more and more broken glass on the sidewalks (it's at an all time high!) -- it's not surprising that so many cars have pleading signs saying "There's nothing valuable in the car, please don't break my car windows".

A month ago someone drilled a hole from underneath of the car which belongs to my upstairs neighbor and stole her gasoline. It turned out a block from us another resident had exactly the same experience. The misfortune was that both of them owned a minivan (more gasoline capacity). Yet, a different neighbor who doesn't own a large car, still managed to lose, not his gasoline but his car tire as someone jacked up his car and took the tire away. . . and this is one of the most expensive cities to live in in the US.

Anyway, I'm going back to Astrology reading:

Breed is represented by Mars in this chart as I placed her in 7th house. If the mayor is represented by the Moon and Cancer at MC, then past conjunction between the Moon and Mars shows Breed became acting Mayor immediately after the death of Ed Lee. Also separated aspect between the Sun (Mayor), PoF and Mars echo Breed's good fortune at the time.

But later, the Board of Supervisors selected Mark Farrell to serve as interim mayor until the special election could be held and my chart is erected a day before the result of the special election.

What's puzzling for me is the Moon will aspect to Venus (Breed's opponent) before Mars. The Moon and Venus will have trine with mixed mutual reception which I thought was a good sign for Mark Leno. However, I didn't take into account the fact that the Moon would aspect Saturn before Venus (on the night of the election).

I "suspect" Saturn here is representing Breed's rich campaign contributor, Ron Conway (Saturn rules Mars). If that is so, Retrograde Saturn in Capricorn has exact conjunction (to the minutes) with 4th house cusp. Thus Saturn retrograde in Capricorn and opposing Cancer MC (which is detriment, also Mars is fall there) -- I think the future seems not promising. This election is unfortunately ruled by the big businesses with interest in land deals and that's the end of the matter.

Although my partner and I own the current home we were evicted once and nearly evicted twice in the past. But our three friends weren't as lucky as we and they disappeared from the city -- therefore my interpretation might be one sided and if so, I am very interested to hear a different interpretation.

London Breed's own natal chart shows Venus in Cancer trine Jupiter. First and foremost, with any battle chart, I always check significators. I would give Breed the 1st house because Leno is a man and Mars in Aquarius fits his personality and appearance. Venus is in the 10th, showing her coming out on top. The chart emphasizes a woman winning. I don't think she is represented as corruptly as you imagine here, with Venus in a grand trine with Jupiter and Neptune. This would emphasize her wanting to improve quality of life for the less fortunate as well as deal with the mental health and drug problems in the city.

With Venus opposite Pluto in the 4th it is showing something about the real estate situation but I am not sure what to make of it. Thoughts? She might want to take on that challenge but finds it too difficult or it becomes some sort of backlash publicly for her.

Her natal chart suggests a fairly honorable and compassionate person but she may be too idealistic and promise more than she can accomplish. I don't have her time of birth to say for certain, though. If her detrimented Saturn is in her 10th, then it would suggest a fall from grace, or that her win could lead to her ruin, so it depends a lot on where that Saturn is in her chart. Additionally, Mars-Jupiter opposition CAN show misuse of resources in a natal chart, although it is common to have hard links between those two planets in natal charts of leaders because it adds determination and a forceful personality. With Sun in Leo as well, she may be selfish and extravagant more so than altruistic, but it is hard to say.