This person has a creepy chart. My first thought was serial killer but then I looked a little bit closer at the 2nd house and Saturn in detriment in the 8th rules it, so maybe they are a con artist or take people's money or resources for a living. The 10th ruler is also Venus combust in the 4th, even if dignified, and in a sign that deals with material things. There is a lot of emphasis on the 8th and 4th houses, which are difficult areas of a chart and can lead a person into either deep areas of crime or things like the occult and psychology. There is no strong indication of working as a scientist in a crime lab, etc. or a pathologist but they could also be someone in law enforcement or an investigator who somehow works with money issues or crime, since Mars in Aries is emphasized in the chart also and they have a fair amount of choleric influences that could suggest doing well in a fast paced field like that. However, with Saturn in detriment in a night chart, even if they did use the energies of these houses to understand the hidden depths of matters, I fail to see how it would manifest in a very positive way for other people. They have dignified planets and if Jupiter is in the 2nd that might help keep them more honest but the 2nd is supposed to help describe whether income is made via honest means and Saturn as represented here would suggest that he takes from people, such as their livelihood. So if they did work to help solve crimes, I would not trust that they always did the right thing. Hopefully Saturn trine Sun would alleviate that and make them more honest, since the Sun is said to represent honor and truth. The Sun involved and fixed (along with other fixed indicators on career) would be successful at their job but that makes sense since you are posting a chart and asking about their career.

It is surprising if they are famous, since they seem private and the SN is in the 10th and the luminaries are not emphasized in a public way, but they are likely not well known for trying to be public in their career, although Capricorn rising people can be ambitious.

This is one of those cases where house types used can alter interpretations greatly and it seems like whole signs might make more sense for this person, with late and earlier degree placements. I often look at my own chart with whole sign for the same reason and it works better. Supposedly, Jupiter in the 2nd (if you regard it there) can show a gift of prophecy, I have been told (I have this but Jupiter rules the 9th and 10th/6th). People can assume incorrectly that it indicates wealth - sometimes it can, especially if strong. For me, it indicates growing up poor and attempting to create a lifestyle where I do not have to worry about money anymore. I don't like money but I know firsthand that life is much more difficult without it.

I was thinking of famous artist or the founder of big company, like software developing or mas-media. Or simply restaurant owner.
Strong emphasizing on own business ( strongest Mars at 4th cusp and exalting at AC sign). Mars one of profession significator as first rising before Sun (by Ptolemy). Venus is MC ruler very strong but combusted. Saturn exalting at MC but debilitated in sign and retrograde.
Mercury seems valid here as rule of triplicity at MC in nocturnal chart.
Mars with N.Node makes own business possibility very strong, maybe inherited from father being at IC.
For artist or restaurant business I thought because strong Venus ruling 5th.
Moon in 3rd in place of joy, in Martian sign with tight sextile with Jupiter(exalted at DC where Moon ruler)is about clients connection and close neighborhood (3rd house).
Also, Venus-Mars combination as profession indicators common for doctors, surgeons,medical field.

I have Mars in Aries (also square Jupiter out of sign) in the 10th and don't own my own business but prefer to work alone as much as possible and am told I am "like a machine" at work and am commonly a reluctant leader. I could see in his case working alone though because Mars is also with Uranus and his chart is much more introverted than mine - night chart with abundance of planets below the earth. I have the opposite - day with most planets above. Sometimes Mars in Aries can show working for the government or military in some way (I have several times).

Mars square Jupiter can also be a risk taker. I have that and am not really the gambling type but I have had to make make-or-break decisions a lot and have made careless choices sometimes in my career, which lead to times of unemployment. I think with time the influence of Jupiter makes that aspect a bit wiser, though (hopefully).

Mars in Aries opposite MC could potentially show times of job loss, lots of ups and downs relating to their job, or changing jobs frequently, although he has a lot of fixed indicators for work. It may relate more so to his home life. For me, mine is a day chart and I was just looking at my resume and realized I changed jobs about 10 times in the past decade. Mars can cut things short -probably because he is never really satisfied and always looking for new challenges.

His Mars is also with the NN in the 4th, which increases Mars's malefic tendencies but would likely relate more so to personal matters, such as an early loss of the father and a difficult upbringing. (They likely would have an insatiable sex drive too)

I was only thinking regarding own business potential in relation to 4th house, since beside of home property 4th house implies at anything what native own, like factory, bakery, restaurant, etc. Also inherited family property.
That what I've learned during long "blind charts training" at other forum, some questions were like "who among three people charts shown has own business?", etc.
It's also connections 1st-4th-6th-7th houses.
The 10th house not always prominent among business owners.
Last edited by Yuriy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was often confused to choose in-between statements like "N.Node increases whatever malefic or beneficial potential of planet conjunction" and "N.Node influence in house similar to Jupiter's".
So, N.Node alone at IC is good indication but if Mars there its making malefic even worse?

I'm going to throw out a hint like 6 hours before scheduled lol

So this may not be the most amazing hint, but it is the best hint I can give without giving away what he does.

The main theme of his work is predicting the unpredictable

have any other idea. Both of you are in the ball park...but he doesn't own a restaurant as far as i know from what is shared about him as well as the career he labels himself with is not an artist.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

I was often confused to choose in-between statements like "N.Node increases whatever malefic or beneficial potential of planet conjunction" and "N.Node influence in house similar to Jupiter's".
So, N.Node alone at IC is good indication but if Mars there its making malefic even worse?
That is the way the ancients described it, for the most part. By itself, the north node is positive and the south node is negative. I have heard the Moon with either point is negative but then I get conflicting sources that have said the Moon with the north node is positive and makes someone more intelligent (I heard from one vedic influenced astrologer that this more likely makes someone have immature emotions and can even sometimes show insanity, though).

Mars when dignified, such as in Aries, can bring positive things, such as courage, strength and determination, but the malefics always bring bad with good. When dignified it usually brings more good than bad but there is still bad. I am fond of my Mars in Aries because it has shown how I have beat a lot of bad odds in life.

As far as the hint goes, if he is predicting things (then I guess Jupiter is in the 2nd) I will go with some sort of financial forecaster because he has a lot of emphasis on the 8th house and strong Taurus emphasis on career. If he benefits from other people's losses, then either he is a gambler of some sort of maybe works in real estate or stocks or something.

It is too bad you don't know more about him than career since his chart seems more complex and interesting than the other ones that have been posted.

Tanit3333 wrote:I have Mars in Aries (also square Jupiter out of sign) in the 10th and don't own my own business but prefer to work alone as much as possible and am told I am "like a machine" at work and am commonly a reluctant leader. I could see in his case working alone though because Mars is also with Uranus and his chart is much more introverted than mine - night chart with abundance of planets below the earth. I have the opposite - day with most planets above. Sometimes Mars in Aries can show working for the government or military in some way (I have several times).

Mars square Jupiter can also be a risk taker. I have that and am not really the gambling type but I have had to make make-or-break decisions a lot and have made careless choices sometimes in my career, which lead to times of unemployment. I think with time the influence of Jupiter makes that aspect a bit wiser, though (hopefully).

Mars in Aries opposite MC could potentially show times of job loss, lots of ups and downs relating to their job, or changing jobs frequently, although he has a lot of fixed indicators for work. It may relate more so to his home life. For me, mine is a day chart and I was just looking at my resume and realized I changed jobs about 10 times in the past decade. Mars can cut things short -probably because he is never really satisfied and always looking for new challenges.

His Mars is also with the NN in the 4th, which increases Mars's malefic tendencies but would likely relate more so to personal matters, such as an early loss of the father and a difficult upbringing. (They likely would have an insatiable sex drive too)
Excellent observation as usual Tanit, but I thought Mars debilitated were to bring the malefic effects down-- or am I mistaken and confused?

//By the way, I left you a PM. After you receive it I will politely delete this line from this thread.

Tanit3333 wrote:I have Mars in Aries (also square Jupiter out of sign) in the 10th and don't own my own business but prefer to work alone as much as possible and am told I am "like a machine" at work and am commonly a reluctant leader. I could see in his case working alone though because Mars is also with Uranus and his chart is much more introverted than mine - night chart with abundance of planets below the earth. I have the opposite - day with most planets above. Sometimes Mars in Aries can show working for the government or military in some way (I have several times).

Excellent observation as usual Tanit, but I thought Mars debilitated were to bring the malefic effects down-- or am I mistaken and confused?

//By the way, I left you a PM. After you receive it I will politely delete this line from this thread.

I thought Mars debilitated were to bring the malefic effects down-- or am I mistaken and confused?
The worst kind of malefic is accidentally strong but essentially weak. This shows its energies are at its worst but it has power to express them. Take Hitler for example: two angular malefics but both in detriment. This man here has an accidentally strong and essentially good Mars, which is both good and bad. Mars is at its most positive but it also has a lot of power in the chart to exert its forces, which is not always nice and one may not always want him front and center, but more so in moderation. Add to that the fact that the north node increases whatever it touches, so when with a malefic, it makes whatever energies it has even bigger and in your face. The north node is the head of the dragon and is said to be always hungry, always wanting more and with Mars in a fire sign, a lot of things come to mind, but in a male's chart the first thing that would be obvious is a huge sex drive. One of the reasons I first thought this person seemed like they could have violent tendencies was also because of this placement but it is also under the earth and this is a night chart, so Mars is not quite as forceful. I would still wonder about his upbringing and his father, perhaps, such as an abusive father. Mine is in the 10th (with no nodes) and my mother was physically abusive, although I have other influences on that house. Maybe his father was just Mars-like, such as a soldier or leader of some sort and that influenced his upbringing.

An easy way for me to remember essential versus accidental strength is similar to how Deb Houlding explains it in the Skyscript online tutorial for horary. An essentially dignified planet, whatever the planet, is generally able to express its energies in a more natural way - like a gifted musician, a natural athlete, etc. The energies are expressed in an easier, more pure form, whereas essentially ill places tend to bring out the worst energies of a planet because it is in a sign that is hostile or foreign to it. Accidental dignity is like luck and also power - being in the right place at the right time and being able to act upon the energies it has. Accidental debility can make an otherwise gifted planet (essentially good) possibly lack luck, have setbacks, or perhaps at least has a decrease in the ability of that planet to take advantage of its gifts. Accidental strength with an ill essentially dignified planet means that planet will have the opportunity and power to express its dysfunctional energies, or they will have luck when they don't necessarily deserve it.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely with the malefics, so even if dignified you don't generally want them angular and his is Lord of Geniture, like my own, meaning it is probably the strongest influence on his life and personality. An accidentally strong and essentially strong malefic is going to behave in its more natural state but also has power to express those energies. Mars by nature is not entirely bad - it has good qualities, but it also has some bad. Some would say Mars in Aries is too independent, self involved, selfish, has a temper, is difficult to get along with, lacks emotional connection, has trouble sticking to one thing for a long time, etc. but he also has amazing drive, ambition, is the perfect soldier, athlete, etc. Tell him he can't do something and he will do it just to spite you. He is often said to work better as essentially well placed but accidentally controlled, such as in a cadent or succedent house rather than angular (which has the most power in the chart). However, accidental debility beyond house placement is more tricky and I would not say Mars retrograde is positive, for example, since this tends to bring more unpredictable energies.

It helps when the person has other dignified planets that keep themselves in check.

Well, Tanit, interesting thread about Mars. I have question about Mars in Joy, in 6th house. It said, especially in horary, Mars in 6th is strong and prominent.
How it works together regarding accidental quality - planet in 6th in generally debilitated but Mars in joy there?