Star Antares/How to take in practise/Will he ask me out?

Hi forum,

How do you take Antares or other fixed stars in your practise? Do you look at them as further testomonies or do you consider them as a detroyer even the main significators perfect the matter ?

Here is a chart for Antares. I cast the chart today. The question is "Will he ask me out?"
I met him last Monday at Tinder. We had nice conversation and good jokes. He insisted on having drink together. We agreed to meet on Friday evening. We did not meet because he said he was too tired!!! We did not arrange another day. I wanted to know if he wld. ask me out again.

Jupiter in the 12th. - I am very offended.I am sitting silently and waiting for him to ask me out.

Mercury Well... Not a grounded L7, is he ? He is signified by Gemine in a "fun"sign, and I associate L3 with daily routines just like Tanit. He is having too much fun. I checked the ephemeris . Mercury will perfect with Jupiter once Sun moves into Virgo. So, he will be able to act.

Moon beautifuly trines Mercury - Mercury is not so happy with the Moon- and sextiles Venus .Moon's last aspect is a trine to Sun. All nice planets and aspects.

So, I concluded that he wld. Ask out after something changes at his end and that we wld. Meet.

But, then I noticed that Moon is beautifully sitting on Antares!!! . So , nothing will happen. We will not meet.

And things I find amazing in this chart.
- I think Sun is alcohol. He is drinking too much. He drank 3 nights of 4 I witnessed. I do not know the 4th. Day. Sun is also the dispositor of TN in the 8th. Of sorrows, undoing.
- Mercury backfires Moon in Sag.
*He does not like the Moon with self esteem (Moon in the 1st).
*He hates the woman who wants emotional bonding ( Moon in Sag - Sag expands and bonds).
However, he wld. Be more happy to have both ( Moon-Mercury trine) .He revealed how much he needed admiration, apprecaiton and attention when we were joking.
* I find Moon trine Mercury quite intresting. I will no way iniate anything. Is that to say he wld. ask out if I iniated a conversation? OR does Moon on Antares say that I it is no help if I iniate a dialogue ?
* Is Moon on Antares to tell me the reason as to why he wld. Not ask me out ?

Fixed stars are quite a mystery for me.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

[/list]
Breeze

One very important feature here to consider is the speed of Mercury. Mercury just turned direct today so he is stationary direct to slow (I don't know for sure since I don't have a table from the time asked which of the two it is but either would be significant regarding its movement and could be describing the delay in contact). A table of planetary speeds is easily accessible on astro.com when you open the chart. It is a pdf link on that page.

Another major issue is Venus. While Moon does aspect Mercury before Mercury aspects Venus, so prohibition does not happen, probably more so due to Mercury being so slow, Venus is highly dignified in their turned 5th and likely suggests other women in their life that they are currently in contact with and are influencing the outcome and why there has been delay. Note too that Mercury does apply to Jupiter but what does it aspect before that: Venus? This is still a moot point because ultimately the Moon aspects Mercury first so prohibition does not happen, but aspects still influence situations.

Lilly says Mercury with Sun (I would say so since it is under its influence) is more gentle and with Venus more jesting (someone who jokes around), with the Moon more shifty (unreliable). So this would suggest someone who is not very intellectual necessarily but more social and affable and maybe not commited to the situation. My main issue with Mercury signified this way is that they can sometimes be shallow people who are not looking for a deep connection with someone. It depends on what you are looking for, though. If you want someone who does not like to talk about serious subjects much and wants to have a good time, then that might be a good thing for you. That is my takeaway from the signification. He seems interested and it may be an enjoyable and easy experience with him, but is it an intimate and deep connection?

Antares is often associated with above average intelligence and intuition, a fighting spirit, someone who likes challenges and is courageous and overcomes difficulty. My own ascendant ruler Moon is conjunct Antares in the 6th and with the Moon it increases interest in the sciences (my job title), which isn't relevant here but since you asked a general interpretation, that is one of them. I think Moon with Antares and Mercury in fire signs trining from the ascendant to the 9th could emphasize a mental connection between you where conversation comes easily and you enjoy each other's company. A trine is a mutual like. Mercury is not usually the most amorous planet but here it is under the influence of the Sun, its dispositor and is applying to sextile Venus, which would show someone who delights in the company of women and is probably fairly passionate and enjoys good conversation first and foremost in romance.
I will no way iniate anything. Is that to say he wld. ask out if I iniated a conversation?
Note here that Venus is dignified (although in a day chart so out of sect) and occidental and sun is dignified and chasing her. This shows mutual interest and Mercury additionally oriental suggests he would more likely initiate but also look at the condition of Mercury to be able to do that. Does Mercury have essential dignity? If so, what kind? It has term dignity, which is not bad but it could also be better, especially considering Mercury stationary is like a sick man recovering. There could be a reason for this - did they have a breakup, are they getting over being sick, who knows without more info but this is an accidental debility. Jupiter as a superior and cadent would agree lack of initiation by you, yes. Jupiter is not only in the 12th but has no essential dignity. This suggests not only that you are hurt but that the matter is ultimately maybe not very important to you (right now anyway) or you have very low expectations, even though Mercury is in the sign of your triplicity.

Although the north node is often considered a positive influence, when I think of Mercury with it, I often think of someone who is overcome by their thought process and over analyzes things to the point of mental blockage. In some cases NN with Moon or Mercury can even show mental health issues because the mind is just overwhelmed by stimulation or information. The NN is the dragon's head, always hungry for more and with Mercury it wants more things of Mercury, such as endless communications, which can be exhausting. Maybe this person literally will just talk too much. I don't know what it is emphasizing for sure but the NN is often a significant influence. That influence is also separating and Mercury did not perfect an aspect with it during retro movement, and Mercury is now direct, so it could even be describing something that stopped them from reaching out to you, such as them analyzing your previous interaction and deciding what to do next.

For quality of connection, look at the condition of the planets. Is there essential dignity, is there reception, where is the reception going (is it mutual or one-sided), etc.

A big thank you for your all time and effort coming back to me Tanit. Really

First, I looked at Mercury's speed. What I understand is that Mercury is not slow to direct. Its speed is just 2 something, no - ( minues) before number. So, slow in motion yes, but it is not to slow to go direct.

Venus - I did not think that Venus cld. Have been another woman. Yes, it is the ruler of his 5th., but it is in the 10th. House. Plus Moon will sextile Venus. I thought to myself, why wld. I like another woman. I just thought, Venus cld. Just been the flirting or sex. But sure, you can be right that she cld. Be another woman.

Mercury squares Jupiter before he sextiles Venus. So, Mercury's meeting Jup. will be a prohibition for Venus. And I think this can make Venus the other woman. But, why will Moon sextile Venus . Cld. it be tinder ? Group of people on the internet for dating and sex ? And in yhe 10th. , it is very popular.

Yes, you are very right that dignities and receptions are not great, they are not even good. But, both Mercury and Jup can not have better dignities in their current signs. They can only have term. They can not have face I mean. So, I am not clear how they can be any better at where they are.

And the quality of connection - another great thing tı point out. it is only me who is interested in other party i.e. Jup receives Mercury by triplicity and face, while Mercury only aspects Jup by square. It is one sided. He does not have a minor interest to a woman who seems to be manipulative, and silent ( jup in scorpio)

I am very hurt and I actually had no expections. I was extremly surpried to be told that he will ask me out.

And happy. I find his smile very lovely and he has beatiful eyes. I know we need more than this for a relation:)

Many thanks again Tanit and I wish you a lovely and easy going semestr.

P.s. I "predicted" my chart i.e. Sun's meaning and Moon. I am even ashemed to ask, but I have to ask, did I make up a story?
Breeze

First, I looked at Mercury's speed. What I understand is that Mercury is not slow to direct. Its speed is just 2 something, no - ( minues) before number. So, slow in motion yes, but it is not to slow to go direct.
No, Mercury is definitely quite slow and might be deemed stationary direct. I am uncertain of the arc minute criteria but it is barely moving. Right now it is 5 arc minutes and it sounds like it was 2 arc minutes at the time of your question. If it was 2 arc seconds then that is stationary (direct). I have Saturn at 27 arc seconds and that is deemed stationary direct, which is different than stationary retrograde but both are very debilitating and show a stalled planet.

The typical speed of Mercury is around 1 degree. Einstein's natal Mercury was 1 degree and 57 arc minutes, so quite fast! 2 arc minutes is 58 arc minutes from being a degree. The ancients would describe a retrograde planet that has just turned direct like a sick person getting better (in a natal chart with Mercury it can show mental slowness and learning disabilities). I would see Mercury this slow more so like a sick person who just broke a fever but is in the beginning of getting better. Since Mercury deals with communications, it could show a lot of difficulty in him contacting you again but the applying aspect from an angle (Moon) with Mercury does suggest something.

I used to have a good source on the average as well as the maximum speeds but I don't have that link anymore. There are some threads on planetary speeds in the forums though.
Mercury squares Jupiter before he sextiles Venus
Actually, that is right. It doesn't matter anyway, as I said, because the next aspect to Mercury is the Moon. An orb of influence is still significant, though.

Hello Breeze:

I like to look at charts "cold" so have just read your questions re: Anatares and the first paragraph after that.

I think he has someone else he is interested in, Venus, but it looks like they had a fight or she rejected him. He is still chasing her but she holds all the cards and appears to be moving away.

His significator perfects with you but by square with no reception.

Despite the fact the Sun is well dignified and in its joy in 9, given the fact that there is another person that he didn't tell you about, I would be concerned that this is a sign of egotism in him as sometimes well-dignified fire signs can be self-absorbed. You might be a "rebound" person for him.

You should take into account, though, that I don't know much about online dating practices and maybe chatting up multiple contacts is how people normally behave in that environment.

Antares is Mars-like in nature and one end of an axis with Alderbaran, also Mars-like. So Mars is playing a significant role in this chart because it's your dispositor, the Moon is sitting on Antares, and the axis of those fixed stars is in the 1/7 houses. Mars is exalted in Capricorn (though retrograde). This suggests that maybe you're a bit "fed-up" with this situation and/or dating in general.

I use fixed stars to add further descriptions to the significators or the situation but I don't think I've ever used them to indicate perfection or not.

In Anthony Louis' book, he does use Spica to indicate perfection in a horary with very detrimented significators. I don't have the book with me at the moment but it's the horary "Should We Buy the Stained-Glass Business?" I was quite surprised with the outcome of that horary and was thinking about starting a thread regarding it but haven't yet.

I don't recall Deborah Houlding using fixed stars to indicate perfection but then I haven't read everything she's written either.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Cheers.
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

I agree Venus is suggesting something and it is interesting how Mercury slows down so much that Venus gets away before Mercury aspects Jupiter instead via square. It is still a moot point because Moon trines Mercury first from the 1st house and that is a pretty strong indication of some sort of encounter. The Moon does well in signs of Jupiter - they are easy signs for her. It could be he is debating between her and other women before they move on and then he contacts the querent. It isn't just that they get away but he slows down and causes them to do so, so he may be going through a transition where he is thinking his options through before he contacts her. It is understandable since they just met, though.

He did mention being tired and the way Mercury is represented in speed could suggest he really was tired or unwell.

Hello Forum,

Tanit and Moonbright - Many thanks for your all effort and time. I have been so busy with a - one week long - religious holiday and then getting ready back to school : )

First, I wanna say it seems horary technics can be learned, but predicting a chart is something else. I really admire Tanit. You see, how she read the chart and brought things to querent's attention while on the other hand I invented scenarios ( I wld. disagree because this is my being own my chart). I conclude, it takes more than knowing the rules and technics to become an astrologer. Is it intuition ? It does not only seem to be techical knowladge.

Tanit is so accurute with her prediction. Below are the notes for them;
Antares is often associated with above average intelligence and intuition, a fighting spirit, someone who likes challenges and is courageous and overcomes difficulty.
I rarely give up anything, almost never. I think this is shown by Sun/ Pluto conjunction and Mars in Taurus in my natal chart.

What I find strange is with this delination is that I find it quite similiar to what I wrote to my friend;

When we were texting on the 1st day he told me something very ordinary about how he was spending his life. Underline, he was just telling how he was bored, sad, alone etc.
Next day, I looked at his IG photos. I saw he lost both his parents one after another. When you read the comments under photos, it is obvious he does not feel much attachment to life.

And that friday when he said we wld. not meet, I just said OK and wished him a happy weekend. Then I sent the below message to my female friend for advice.

" He said we wld. not meet. I know we are not here ( on this planet) to heal others. What if the other party is in deep sorrow/ suffer , therefore they are not able to take us from where we are ? Do you think we shd. go and take them ? "

I think this is also shown Jupier receiving Mercury through triplicty. it is me who is taking him :)

Antares and intuition - I do not know if I have it. I am inclined to think with reasons and outcomes. I may be denying intuition. How can I see in my natal chart if I have intuition ?

The typical speed of Mercury is around 1 degree. Einstein's natal Mercury was 1 degree and 57 arc minutes
Antares is often associated with above average intelligence
I checked my natal Mercury:) It is 1°29'14. My Mercury conjucts my Uranus by 1 degree, and my Mercury is also is in partile conjunction with my Moon both partile conjuct Spica - all 3 planets are in Libra in the 2nd in my natal.
I knew I am above avarage, and a fast thinker, but I did not know I am that much : )
I think Moon with Antares and Mercury in fire signs trining from the ascendant to the 9th could emphasize a mental connection between you where conversation comes easily and you enjoy each other's company.
I am a sapiosexual, and intellegence really matters. Yes, more than the look.
Although the north node is often considered a positive influence, when I think of Mercury with it, I often think of someone who is overcome by their thought process and over analyzes things to the point of mental blockage.

I associate this with his suffering for his parents's lost/ death/ life. I am not sure if I am right.
My main issue with Mercury signified this way is that they can sometimes be shallow people who are not looking for a deep connection with someone. It depends on what you are looking for, though. If you want someone who does not like to talk about serious subjects much and wants to have a good time, then that might be a good thing for you. That is my takeaway from the signification. He seems interested and it may be an enjoyable and easy experience with him, but is it an intimate and deep connection?
This made me think long Tanit. Really.
I am a "deep" person already, interested in psychology, theology etc. So, my brain is already burning as we wld. say in my language:) Yet, I am a kind of introvert. I love being on my own. And as long as my frinends do not call me for going out, I do not call them and stay at home. So, it wld. be quite nice to have someone who I can enjoy with. We can talk about serious things if he wants to : )
However, if "deep/ intimate connection" means being truely loved for who I am, and to be admired by "the one", does that mean that Mercury in Sun person can not give this to me ? I deeply want to be loved so much and to be valued so much . I have no idea how these feels. I had been with a plain and true narcist for 17 years:(
I agree Venus is suggesting something and it is interesting how Mercury slows down so much that Venus gets away before Mercury aspects Jupiter instead via square.
It isn't just that they get away but he slows down and causes them to do so
I am so happy with this. After getting hurt, I felt better. But the thing is, it is me who stays there and wait for him. I am not like other Venus, I am not going anywhere : ) Right ? But still, he is the chaser. I am confused.
Actually, that is right. It doesn't matter anyway, as I said, because the next aspect to Mercury is the Moon.
For study purposes, let's assume Mercury was in his normal speed.
Then Mercury wld. first meet Venus.
So, this wld.be have been a prohibition for Jup. although the first aspect to Mercury wld. be from Moon. As Moon quickly aspects, Mercury wld. not mind and wld. go with Venus. Right ?

I am confused here. The thing is that , he does not like me mentally i.e. No reception from Mercury towards Jup.

He hates the Moon i.e. Moon is in the detriment of Jup. What does not he like about me ?What he reject is Moon, is that to say that he finds me too sensetive ? But I am a humorous and happy Moon in Sag. Or he does not like my look, Moon in the 1st.?

So, why is he chasing me ? Only mental connection ?

Or are there any other meanings of rejections ?

Another question is that;
When I read the essential dignities, I look at the planets's actual degrees - not the dignities at the time of perfection.

I sometimes see readings, for example saying Venus will gain Mars's dignities when Venus perfects with Mars. Is it accurute to read receptions like this ?

If yes, Jupiter is now in Venus' term. When Mercury perfect with jup., Mercury will be in the term of Venus. So, there will be mutual reception. Right ?

Hi again Moonbright,

With regards to Antares, it is Felipe who told me Anatares wld. rub out the outcome. I searched the forum and I cld. not find anything from Deb or from others about Antares cancelling the outcome .
This is why I posted the chart here.
Yes, I know that chart from Anthony Louis' book. I read it again. It is that Mars and Venus come back to their own signs and degrees and Spica is a further testomony for the success at that chart.

And with regards to my chart, I am at tinder for couple of weeks. People wld. chat up with multiple contacts for sure. I did not do so, but some wld. probably do.
So, I might well be a rebound person for him.

His being egoist - he might be. He is a Leo . But he was exhausted by Sun and Sun is about to change signs. So, cld. sun signify his egoism in this chart?

Thanks so much again for your contribution.

Cheers
Breeze