Are receptions all that?

So I wanted to post this question a while ago, but I hesitated in fear of embarrassing myself.
Question is regarding receptions, mainly in relationship horaries (romantic, business or friendship, but mainly romantic). How realistic is it really to have strong receptions and mutual receptions a horary between L1 & L7? I mean surely, not every month or week or day are the stars aligned so perfectly? What I mean is I have seen a few horaries (I remember these horaries well because I casted one myself and the others I have seen online and from close friends) that had good outcomes: querent got married, built long lasting relationship in spite of negative receptions, or weak receptions.
My own horary I asked will I be in a relationship soon (within a year). Yes, was the answer, weak applying sextile, moon in Fall though not applying to our main significators (should I have looked at what the Sun-Venus were doing for more information?). I was happy, long relationship (7 years). I have seen a horary in which the querent asked will I marry X? Yes, Moon-Saturn conjunction, but Moon in detriment, Moon had to change signs to reach Saturn though. But everything was fine and still are married as far I know.
So my question is are there other telling 'signs' to look for besides reception that could determine if it will be a positive horary, or things will come together in a mutually satisfying way?
Obviously, I am not experienced as you all so maybe I am not catching something, ex: fixed stars, Sun-Venus dance?
Could one get over not so great receptions like one does in synastry (a couple could have many difficult aspects in synastry but if two people want to make it work they can surely overcome and work through them)?

I don't have time to respond in depth, but Bonatti would say perfection of a matter does not require reception in a trine or conjunction aspect: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/perfection.html

It is hard to say more regarding the charts you mentioned because we cannot see what is going on and have to take your word for it. I have never really seen lack of essential dignity/poor dignity and lack of reception have zero meaning in a situation but it might depend on the significators and describe the union being initially difficult, for example. I have seen positive romance charts with mutual reception, so they are not unicorns. Still, in order for someone to have a question to begin with, one might expect a chart to show some difficulty - otherwise, why do they seek guidance?

Also, this concept does not only extend to romance situations. Reception in general is important in horary but is not always necessary for perfection.