Tanit3333 wrote:I do know someone with early Gemini rising and Sun in Cap who works in government but he certainly doesn't have as much Mercury and Jupiter emphasis on the 10th so I am curious what the outcome is. He only has Venus in the 10th and his Jupiter is in aspect to Mars, which often indicates government and is not seen here (one of the reasons I did not say government). Career can be difficult to pinpoint if the house systems are off so hopefully Gemini is correct. I use Regiomontanus (I am not a fan of Placidus) and we also have to assume the time is correct. One of the reasons why astrologers use famous people with Rodden ratings is because they have documentation of the birth time rather than someone's word.

The orbs of the nodes is up to the astrologer. Most modern astrologers I talk to use a 1 degree orb whereas most traditional use 5. Some even look at the planet if it is just in the same sign as the nodes.

For combustion, typically you do look at planets within the same sign as the Sun and a 12 degree orb is just under the beams anyway. I follow Lilly on that and he would say within about 9 degrees and the same sign is combustion. Additionally, one of the reasons Saturn is a malefic is that it is excessively cold by nature and so in the day it is less malefic and I can see it being nearer the Sun as a possible positive as well for the same reason. Sun represents truth and Saturn dignified in the 9th seeks higher knowledge/ other aspects of the 9th in ways that the other planets would not quite be capable of, since he is the most superior and capable of wisdom, so I fail to see how this would be negative.
Are you using meercury or moon as ruler of 2nd? By the way part of fortune is at 15 cancer,jupiters exaltation
How would anyone use a different house system when you don't post the data? I had to scroll through ephemerides just to determine the date to see if Mercury was swift and direct or not. We don't have time to figure out the location and time of birth -or at least I don't.

I am guessing he is tall and lean without a lot of hair also, since Saturn is such a heavy influence and is Occidental and Jupiter is elevated and Gemini is on the ascendant. Often Gemini/Aqu emphasis can have light brown hair and maybe hazel eyes.
His father had just looked at the clock when he heard the baby crying,so the time must be pretty accurate.As I said before,an english teacher who works for the job center,hence government,and teaches unemployed people as he has no degree,only a TEFL.loves philosophy,anthropology,social psychology and astrology besides his artistic talent. Yes hazel eyes or greenish,plenty of body hair but tends to baldness,hair is Brown. He is single,never had a girlfriend nor married.Only two one night stands.
Map had a great hit here as most people would expect a great marriage based on jupiter.Do you think all this would fit better a late Taurus rising?

I am glad I got the professor part right. The lack of marriage could just be the south node's influence and the fact that Moon is void of any planets in traditional and Venus is combust and conjunct a malefic but even then not having a girlfriend is odd. I am technically asexual and have Venus conjunct Mars in Aries but the conjunction is often considered highly sexual. The fact that it is in the 8th seems like repression would be the problem but he could also be sexually confused or not comfortable with the fact that he might be gay, etc. It could also be that you are entirely unaware of his sex life because it is private and he doesn't share it with others. He could be sexually deviant even. I have a sister with Venus in the 12th who has never had a relationship but I always felt that she did something in private. His 8th with Venus/Mars out of sect does point to sexual oddness which could also point to asexually, though.
good point,7th ruler tells about wife but it is venus that determines how we go about love.
I have seen people with the same configuration of Venus and one was married 3 times, such as the astronaut Buzz Aldrin. Just going off of the condition of Venus is not enough info in most cases either. For a man, you look at the Moon, Venus and the 7th lord and planets in the 7th. When I first read the chart I did not see Jupiter with the SN either because the chart was blurry. To me, lack of marriage is more so emphasized here by the 7th lord with the SN (in addition to the other indicators), which would especially be difficult until around the age of 40-45 (according to my astrologer). I have Saturn conjunct NN ruling my 7th which is maybe almost equivalent.

To be honest, I don't look at the charts of English teachers but it makes sense. I did mention language as a possibility but he had the potential to study many things. I think the main emphasis was high intellect, education and being someone who teaches. Lots of 9th emphasis. It is surprising he doesn't have a higher degree, though. Perhaps that is Neptune's influence all over and his Moon made me wonder about some instability and being a dreamer (aka drifter). If you were to tell me this person was not highly intellectual I simply would not believe you, though, and would think that your perception is off. My guess is that they would also be very unsatisfied with being unsuccessful, if they view themselves as unsuccessful like you do.

Jupiter conjunct SN can point to loss of fortune, as I mentioned.

Also, I did mention creative potential. Lots of Neptune emphasis. I have some similarities with this person and I play many instruments and used to be in musical groups in college/high school. I didn't mention it much because it is kind if a side thing and not emphasized and we don't have time to go into detail about everything.

What was his relationship with family?

Do you know if he is maybe on the autistic spectrurm?

Tanit3333 wrote:I am glad I got the professor part right. The lack of marriage could just be the south node's influence and the fact that Moon is void of any planets in traditional and Venus is combust and conjunct a malefic but even then not having a girlfriend is odd. I am technically asexual and have Venus conjunct Mars in Aries but the conjunction is often considered highly sexual. The fact that it is in the 8th seems like repression would be the problem but he could also be sexually confused or not comfortable with the fact that he might be gay, etc. It could also be that you are entirely unaware of his sex life because it is private and he doesn't share it with others. He could be sexually deviant even. I have a sister with Venus in the 12th who has never had a relationship but I always felt that she did something in private. His 8th with Venus/Mars out of sect does point to sexual oddness which could also point to asexually, though.
good point,7th ruler tells about wife but it is venus that determines how we go about love.
thanks Tanit

I have seen people with the same configuration of Venus and one was married 3 times, such as the astronaut Buzz Aldrin. Just going off of the condition of Venus is not enough info in most cases either. For a man, you look at the Moon, Venus and the 7th lord and planets in the 7th. When I first read the chart I did not see Jupiter with the SN either because the chart was blurry. To me, lack of marriage is more so emphasized here by the 7th lord with the SN (in addition to the other indicators), which would especially be difficult until around the age of 40-45 (according to my astrologer). I have Saturn conjunct NN ruling my 7th which is maybe almost equivalent.

To be honest, I don't look at the charts of English teachers but it makes sense. I did mention language as a possibility but he had the potential to study many things. I think the main emphasis was high intellect, education and being someone who teaches. Lots of 9th emphasis. It is surprising he doesn't have a higher degree, though. Perhaps that is Neptune's influence all over and his Moon made me wonder about some instability and being a dreamer (aka drifter). If you were to tell me this person was not highly intellectual I simply would not believe you, though, and would think that your perception is off. My guess is that they would also be very unsatisfied with being unsuccessful, if they view themselves as unsuccessful like you do.

Jupiter conjunct SN can point to loss of fortune, as I mentioned.

Also, I did mention creative potential. Lots of Neptune emphasis. I have some similarities with this person and I play many instruments and used to be in musical groups in college/high school. I didn't mention it much because it is kind if a side thing and not emphasized and we don't have time to go into detail about everything.

What was his relationship with family?

Do you know if he is maybe on the autistic spectrurm?
I once asked him about the love thing, he is shy and is into the masochistic stuff,which doesn`t go well with a girlfriend,so I wouldnt be surprised he seeks prostitutes.He is somewhat effeminate but too concerned about his image.In public i always see him with a poker face,but is in fact quite vulnerable.I once told him he would feel at home in victorian England
He gave up school to early due to his obssession with opriental religions and philosophy.He told me we are here to achieve enlightnment not having a career.Later he regretted that approach and enrollled for university at 29,but his obssession with travelling and settling abroad led him to abandon university after 2 years. He never managed to settle abroad for long due to lack of qualifications..
his mother is very nice and humble but a bit hysterical and worried.Sister is the kind of woman who takes care of everything and is a nitpicky nagging virgoan,father was an officer ,he respected him but avoided him and i never saw them hugging each other or being close,they were a bit distant to each other.He would never shout at his dad,at least when i was present

I personally know several spinsters with Saturn in 7th.One has saturn opposite rising venus in Leo,another is divorced.
With such a good saturn ruling venus,i told him he should try foreign girls.Dont know if he did

It seems common with a lot of Saturn influences to at least look up to the father but if Sun is close to Saturn (here is is also ruled by Saturn) there can be a sense of feeling overshadowed by the father also and some distancing. I rarely hear someone with that sort of influence who does not talk about their father without respect and admiration, though. "Hysterical" is a funny way to put Moon-Uranus for the mother!

Spinster is an outdated term. Personally, I am single by choice and have had plenty of offers. I would be surprised if he did not have offers either because the Venus/Mars conjunction, especially with Neptune, can make someone more alluring to the opposite sex.

Masochism makes a lot of sense!

Thanks for the distraction from my bioinformatics homework! :' My courses are giving me an ulcer (literally) and astrology is a nice escape from the stress.

I wonder if you have noticed that the antiscion of sun venus amnd mars are in 7th house.I am not familiar with the effects of antiscions but i have read they are similar to conjunctions

I wonder if you have noticed that the antiscion of sun venus amnd mars are in 7th house.I am not familiar with the effects of antiscions but i have read they are similar to conjunctions
The antiscia of Sun at 18 degrees Capricorn would be 12 degrees Sagittarius, which is not the degree for the 7th house cusp, so I am not following your meaning. Antiscia degrees are typically pretty tight to be relevant. They don't have anything antiscia (or contra antiscia) regarding the primary planetary influences. The fact that Venus is combust, oriental and in a day chart is already enough to show some weirdness, let alone with Mars and in the 8th. Normally I associate Venus in fall or detriment with that combo more so with socially abnormal behavior/ love being out of the norm, though. Venus has triplicity dignity in Capricorn, although it personally is my least favorite sign for Venus. One problem with a lot of Neptune in a personality is that the person can have difficulty living in the here and now and would rather live in a dream world or imagine things rather than deal with reality. They can also admire from afar. They may suffer from disassociation also or possibly the opposite where they are too sensitive and feel too much to be able to get close to someone. This is the traditional forum so not the best place to talk about that, though.

Also, again, I don't think you even likely know about their sex life and personal desires there, so it is probably a moot point to talk about it except to say lack of marriage and being unconventional. Being unconventional in love is very obvious and noticed by both myself and map right away.