Mystery Charts

It seems like there aren't a ton of people interested in these broadly based mystery charts, so maybe we should take a break or post one with some specific questions, for the sake of everyone's time? In the past, we have also had multiple charts posted at once and we can determine things about them, such as a specific focus on career for each one, etc. One thing I have not seen that I would enjoy is maybe posting a bunch of charts and decide which one is out of the ordinary, such as a criminal, etc. Someone could use a family member (or other non searchable charts) that is a criminal, for example, and mix it with charts of other random contacts. When I first became interested in astrology, I watched an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" where an astrologer was given random charts with one serial killer and she correctly identified the chart that was out of the ordinary. I think something like that could be interesting. There is also the option of determining specific events (ones that are asked in the discussion) in their life via predictive methods.

Personally, I prefer that one of the astrologers/moderators post also because they are able to focus the discussion better and answer questions more thoroughly. They also tend to set deadlines better and give others more time to respond before posting the outcomes.

Natal chart reading is time consuming and just asking about someone's entire life is not something that is going to foster much discussion and it also probably puts people off due to the time commitment.

Do others agree?

Re: Mystery Charts

Tanit3333 wrote:It seems like there aren't a ton of people interested in these broadly based mystery charts, so maybe we should take a break or post one with some specific questions, for the sake of everyone's time? In the past, we have also had multiple charts posted at once and we can determine things about them, such as a specific focus on career for each one, etc. One thing I have not seen that I would enjoy is maybe posting a bunch of charts and decide which one is out of the ordinary, such as a criminal, etc. Someone could use a family member (or other non searchable charts) that is a criminal, for example, and mix it with charts of other random contacts. When I first became interested in astrology, I watched an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" where an astrologer was given random charts with one serial killer and she correctly identified the chart that was out of the ordinary. I think something like that could be interesting. There is also the option of determining specific events (ones that are asked in the discussion) in their life via predictive methods.

Personally, I prefer that one of the astrologers/moderators post also because they are able to focus the discussion better and answer questions more thoroughly. They also tend to set deadlines better and give others more time to respond before posting the outcomes.

Natal chart reading is time consuming and just asking about someone's entire life is not something that is going to foster much discussion and it also probably puts people off due to the time commitment.

Do others agree?
yes,and I think it is the best way to learn,and compare house systems as well

so maybe we should take a break or post one with some specific questions, for the sake of everyone's time? In the past, we have also had multiple charts posted at once and we can determine things about them, such as a specific focus on career for each one, etc. One thing I have not seen that I would enjoy is maybe posting a bunch of charts and decide which one is out of the ordinary, such as a criminal, etc. Someone could use a family member (or other non searchable charts) that is a criminal, for example, and mix it with charts of other random contacts.
We've done all these things in the past with varying degrees of success. Some people simply cannot resist guessing and some simply couldn't resist cheating. Charts of non-famous people have been used as well. I posted my niece's chart once. Misunderstandings of the intent of a particular thread is the biggest problem.

I recall only vaguely a story Deb told me about the time we began doing mystery charts in earnest. Her teacher, the late Olivia Barclay once handed her three charts and said, "Pick out the plumber," or something to that effect. It's damn near impossible. Not everyone chooses a career for which they are best suited and I'm not sure the true significator for plumbing has been agreed upon.

We used to put them up and ask for people to pick out something they think is significant and give their astrological reasoning. It could be personality related or event oriented. For example, "This person had surgery at age 14," and then the astro reasoning was expected to show that.

Moderation to any great extent is difficult because so many participants live in so many different time zones. I live on the East Coast of the US. Europeans had a good 5 hour jump on people in my time zone and more if the individual lived on the US West Coast. We had a few Aussies, too. A whole bunch of posts could be put up that wandered off the topic or outside the rules while I was asleep for the night.

There is a permanent post on Mystery Chart rules that I put up a long time ago. It might be time to revisit those.

One interesting way to use these might be (I don't recall doing this previously) is putting up the chart and asking a question like: What happened to this native at age 14? That narrows the focus, but if one person nails it right away, the game is pretty much over.

The charts of infamous psychopaths aren't nearly as interesting as we might think. We have the chart of John List who murdered his entire family, including the dog, and then disappeared starting a whole new life for himself only to be caught 18 years later. Sadly I don't have the birth time for my mother who was born on the same day. Might have been an interesting comparison.

Also there is the age differences among the members. I recall a chart someone put up somewhere and when it was finally announced who it was, I was baffled. My knowledge of rock stars is pretty much limited to Elvis and the Beatles and I don't know much about them. I never heard of native, but a lot of younger people did.

Imperfect as they are, Mystery charts can be a lot of fun if we stick to the rules and limit our goals to a few insights and not life stories or identification.
Last edited by Tom on Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.