The 2nd, 5th and 8th as Financial Houses

Hi Folks,

Much is made by Albano, and think the Magi Society, of the possibility of Financial Planets, and of course Financial Houses are well established.

I've often wondered how definitive either idea can be. Especially in Charts of Stock Exchanges, Stocks, Indices and Countries.

I've lifted what Deb says on this site and may add other published ideas.

Of course the MC, Asc and IC are important too.

2nd - Resources, material comforts, earnings and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature. The manner of attaining wealth (note sign on cusp, planetary ruler and its condition).

The nation's assets and financial status. The treasury, the exchequer, revenue and all places and activities concerned with money-making; such as banks, the stock exchange, financial institutions, money markets and trade. Exports and money lent to other nations. Ibn Ezra placed food under this house and we may assume that in mundane charts it influences the status and value of the nation's crops, produce, and essential supplies.

5th - Speculation on the stock market is often assigned here but where the investment is based upon financial or business decisions the 2nd house has more relevance.

8th - Financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others.

The national debt; the collector of taxes; danger to the people through war or national disasters; the resources of the enemy.
Financial relations with foreign countries.

Deb also adds this - Succeedent houses generally show the resources and support given to the preceding angle, ie., the 5th will show the financial status and assistants of the father, the 8th will show the wealth of the partner and the enemy's resources and supporters, and the 11th will show the friends and supporters of whoever is in power and the profit to be made from the business.

All this is very useful but NOT particularly relevant to Stock Exchanges or Stocks I feel. Or Indices.

My main experiences with Practitioners using Lunations and therefore Financial Houses and their Rulers are Celeste Teal, Albano, Skinner and McWhitter. You’ve got to choose your location.

Lunations tend to miss the Slow Burner aspects and transits that actually are driving the Market Trends, but you can follow theme if you do the Lunations regularly, building up a picture of what is going on. Therefore having several months Charts available allows this.

And on that the chart of the New Moon around the 6th March is a beauty. Uranus has just entered Taurus and the New Moon closely aspects its Ruler Neptune in Pisces.

Early March is when the Tariff War could actually turn nasty. Or will it all be Smoke and Mirrors suggested by Neptune ?

H