People who are the opposite to their sun sign

According to my sun sign I'm meant to be a gullible drug addict escapist.

In fact I have never drank, smoked or taken drugs of any type. Moreover I have a phobia of all drugs and substances; I would rather put up with a head ache than take a painkiller tablet. Today I watched the video of Elon Musk smoking weed; I threw up when he began smoking stuff. If there is a bottle of alcohol in my house I will put gloves on, take it outside, and tip it on the lawn. Then I will throw up at having gone near it.

It's all fishy to me. I swim in the opposite direction to what I am meant to.

Take a look at the typical description of a Pisces, then read a short biography of George Washington. That man was the most unlikely Pisces in history. Then move along to Wyatt Earp. It demonstrates as well as anything, that the Sun is part of the chart and maybe not even the most important part.

I have never really related to my Sun sign in Taurus very much either but it rules my 2nd and is in the 11th. In some ways, I find the placement annoying, and I am not sure why. Perhaps it is because I have met many people with Sun in Taurus who are extremely mentally dull, lazy and ordinary, but I do know not everyone is the same. I think it describes well my friendships (11th), personally - since childhood, predictable, dependable with "normal" people (more normal than myself). In fact, Taurus is often said to be against astrology to begin with because it is too abstract and goes against the Sun sign's rational and conventional thinking. Also, the only aspect it makes is an opp to Uranus, which can make it very different, so aspects influence it, as well as house placements. My Uranus and 11th house emphasis changes things up. I am good at science and technology (11th/Uranus) and am naturally good with working with machine systems (Uranus). I would say it also depends on if you were born in the day or night because someone born at night has a stronger lunar influence. Also, Mercury is pretty important in impacting the mind of a person, which can obviously change their personality.

One example I can think of is someone with Sun in aspect to Saturn had Sun in Pisces, the typical escapism, such as substance abuse, associated with that sign would be less evident because Saturn makes someone face reality (which can also be good at channelling creative energies of Pisces into realities). Sometimes Sun-Saturn can be self destructive, especially hard aspects, but, still, it would think more rationally about these sorts of choices, even in Pisces. My point is, Sun in Pisces in aspect and house will change how it is expressed, as my Sun in Taurus is different and I don't enjoy shopping, expensive things, or even eating (I am lucky if I remember to eat most of the time). I do relate to my Sun sign on some levels though. I am practical and reliable and sang throughout school, played many instruments and I have an auto immune disease that attacks the esophagus (throat/neck = Taurus). I think Taurus helps stabilize an otherwise erratic opp with Uranus.

I have met plenty of responsible Pisces Suns who don't drink (or at least are not alcoholics) but there are many other interpretations of what that placement means and it seems trivial to focus on one thing that does not align. Also, hopefully you realize that there is much more to you than just your Sun sign. I actually have a nephew with Sun in early Aries that always proudly proclaims he is a Pisces, probably because he relates to the sign for other reasons. In my nephew's case, he has Mercury in Pisces and he is very creative but is bad at listening to logical information and interprets things how he wishes to, which is something Mercury in that sign can do. So, in a way, he is is a Pisces but it is just not his Sun sign. Sometimes we relate more strongly to other influences in our chart. Also, alcoholics run in all Sun signs of the zodiac and can be seen via other self destructive or escapist influences. The same can be said of being lazy and stupid not being a characteristic only seen in Sun in Taurus - you can see this in any Sun sign. Weighing everything into consideration is important. I have loads of Neptune in my chart that could turn anyone to drink, and I do not either. But I have equal amounts of Saturn to slap me into reality. Unfortunately, I have a Pisces Sun sister who is an alcoholic in spite of Saturn emphasis but her Saturn is very destructive - Saturn in Cancer opposite the Ascendant. I have another sister who is a Gemini Sun who was a very had drug addict and she has Saturn in fall opp Mars on the ascendant, so you don't require Pisces for that.

good points

Ok, I'm going to go a bit esoteric here. Rabbit hole descent...

There is a history of alcoholism in my extended family; my parents come from homes that were smashed by alcohol abuse. I wonder whether you can inherit across generations not just alcoholism, but also a reaction to alcohol and drug tragedies in your family. Don't know what you'd look for in a chart or charts to show that.

I have a very opposite chart with a lot of Virgo [e.g Virgo ascendant] as well with sun in the 6th house. Let's not go too old school. Yeah. 6th house used to be seen as the worst house for the sun. Once I read an astrology book by Alistair Crowley. [yeah that drug addicted guy] He said about opposite charts where two opposite signs are both present that such people often get restricted in life, e.g an illness, to teach them to value other people's help.

Anyway, all good comments. Note as per a previous thread I am putting aside for the moment that I have no birth time because my whole life was, and has continued to be, weird lol. Another bit of amusement that I don't take too seriously; Crowley said that the most tragic natal chart that he ever saw was Chopin's. I am similar in many placements to Chopin's chart. But I have outlived Chopin and my lungs are good :)

Re: good points

Kwincunx wrote:Ok, I'm going to go a bit esoteric here. Rabbit hole descent...

There is a history of alcoholism in my extended family; my parents come from homes that were smashed by alcohol abuse. I wonder whether you can inherit across generations not just alcoholism, but also a reaction to alcohol and drug tragedies in your family. Don't know what you'd look for in a chart or charts to show that.

I have a very opposite chart with a lot of Virgo [e.g Virgo ascendant] as well with sun in the 6th house. Let's not go too old school. Yeah. 6th house used to be seen as the worst house for the sun. Once I read an astrology book by Alistair Crowley. [yeah that drug addicted guy] He said about opposite charts where two opposite signs are both present that such people often get restricted in life, e.g an illness, to teach them to value other people's help.

Anyway, all good comments. Note as per a previous thread I am putting aside for the moment that I have no birth time because my whole life was, and has continued to be, weird lol. Another bit of amusement that I don't take too seriously; Crowley said that the most tragic natal chart that he ever saw was Chopin's. I am similar in many placements to Chopin's chart. But I have outlived Chopin and my lungs are good :)
If you`re Irish you don`t need astrology for the alcoholism thing :-T