On progressing Ingress Charts

I've been doing a lot of work the last few months using the various ingress and lunation charts in conjunction with the chart for the New York Stock Exchange, my purpose being to find a method which will enable me to spot major corrections and bear markets, preferably before they happen.
I have been successful in this, but I have some trouble in refining the exact date. One way to do this is to use the 4th and 8th harmonic charts, but this means looking at alot of charts. It would be nice to be able to progress the ingress/lunation chart itself to find the date when it is activated.
This can be done with the underlying NYSE chart, but that's mixing apples and oranges. I would like to be able to progress the ingress/lunation chart itself to see when it is activated.
Anyone have any experience with this?

Bulletbobb

Saved from about 2010.

Progressing The Lunar Return

I believe the lunar return, when progressed, can indicate the experience or outcome to be expected when a time, even an approximate one, and place, are known. Interpretation is made as planets or midpoints are swept by the progressing angles of the return. These angles progress approximately 13° each day and 180° in about 2 weeks, during which time every return, transiting, natal, and progressed natal planet and midpoint combination will be swept by the progressing angles. Then a new lunar or demi-lunar begins.

Remember that we experience life at a physical, emotional, and cellular (such as when a cancer is growing without our knowledge) level, so not all angular contacts will manifest in a manner we notice.

Most often the lunar or demi-lunar return struck using the Moon's position in the precessed solar or demi-solar preceding an event (whichever is closer to the event) and almost always done for place of the event is used. On occasion, for reasons I do not know, the precessed natal lunar or demi-lunar when progressed, will give better results. Rate of progression is the arc in right ascension traveled by the Moon between inception of the lunar return and the time of the event.

If you have Solar Fire, on the main page click on "Preferences", then "Edit Settings", then on "Misc" tab, then under Parans in the lower left choose the 2nd or "Display as LST angles", then on "OK" in the lower right corner.

You don't set the time to LST, you set the listings you see to show at what Local Sidereal Time (displayed as angles - ddd mm) a planet is on an angle when you click on "Reports", "Star Parans", in the"View Chart" page. Remember to set the "Orb" to 0 degrees 00 minutes.

Also select Eq. Eq Asc. (the East point - a true 90° square to the MC in right ascension) in "Chart Options", "Displayed Points".

After settings have been made:

Do the nearest preceding PRECESSED solar return or demi-solar return for place of residence.

Will try to do an example as we go along using Ingrid Betancourt's chart (Dec 25, 1961, 2:15 pm, EST, Bogota, Columbia. Data Astro-Databank, Rodden Rating AA) for her rescue for the approximate time and place of rescue (July 2, 2008, 2 pm, EST, San Jose del Guavia, Columbia).

The nearest preceding solar return before her rescue was a demi-solar return on June 25, 2008. Not giving the times of the charts except for the final progressed lunar return so all will have to do the solar and lunar returns and progress the lunar to get the final progressed lunar. It only takes a few clicks with the Mouse.

Do the nearest PRECESSED lunar or demi-lunar (using the demi-solar's Moon) before the date and time to be looked at using the Moon from the solar return.

You are in luck! From the date of the demi-solar to her rescue was only 7 days, so there is no need to do a lunar or demi-lunar as the life of those charts is about 14 days. The solar or demi-solars are also the first lunar returns when the event date is less than about 14 days after they begin.

Subtract the return Moon's right ascension ((Moon "Upper") from the event Moon's right ascension. In this case 360° must be added to the event Moon in order to make the subtraction. WAIT! The same difference can be found without adding 360° to the transit Moons' position. Use the positions given in the 4th or "Lower" column to do the subtraction.

Add this difference to the lunar return's MC ("Upper" column across from Parans to MC). If you have done the work so far you will have a figure of 177°51' for the MC. The clock time of the progressed lunar should be 5:24:16 pm, EST - or close to that allowing for quirks in the SF calculation program.

Find the planet with a position given that is nearest to this new MC. In this case it is Pluto rising at 180°29'. But you may also use Uranus ("Lower" column) at 173°34'. Depends whether you want to make an adjustment down (subtraction) or up (addition) to get the final MC. For most people addition is easier so I will use Uranus.

Do a chart for Uranus anti-culminating. The chart will have an MC of 173°34'. To get to the progressed MC of 177°51' we have to add 4°17'.

Interpolation of sorts. The MC moves 1° for approximately every 4 minutes of time. This further reduces to 1' of arc for every 4 seconds of time.

This means to add 4°17' of arc to the MC we need 4 degrees times 4 minutes of time each (16 minutes) and 17 minutes of arc times 4 seconds of time (Tip: 15 seconds of arc equals 1 minute of time). Using the tip leaves 2 minutes of arc times 4 seconds of time (8 seconds). Total of 1 minute, 8 seconds, to be added to the 16 minutes of time found for the degrees, giving 17 minutes, 8 seconds, to be added to the time of the Uranus anti-culminating chart. Sometimes the addition or subtraction will give a close, but not exact desired angle. Keep making corrections until it is correct. Make the adjustment by clicking on "Rectify" in the view chart page, do the addition or subtraction. If the adjustment moves the time across midnight, either way, the date must also be changed forward or backward, then click on "OK". The adjustment will progress the planets as well as the angles. Watch the Moon's position in the chart and you will see this.

Progress the natal chart (I use Q2 and Mean Quotidian angles) to the date, time, and place of the event. Place this progressed natal chart around the progressed lunar. In most cases you will find progressed planets on or within 2° of an angle of the progressed lunar but if you don't, look for midpoints by clicking on "Swap" , "Reports", "Midpoint Listing" and finding midpoints near or in square to the MC and Asc. These will be given in longitude but will be close to the real midpoint in right ascension most of the time. If you see a midpoint involving the Moon or Pluto which is near but more than 2° degrees away you should include it in a list to figure out.

Viewing the progressed lunar with her progressed natal around it you can see that the progressed Moon with any planets around 20° Aquarius might be close to the IC. To figure the midpoints in right ascension, click on "Reports", "Star Parans", set the Orb to 0°00'. Add the "Upper" figures for the planets you want the midpoint for (I use a scientific calculator), divide the answer by 2. The answer is the midpoint in degrees of right ascension. Sometimes (not often) the answer is given in the exact opposite degrees (on my calculator at least), be sure to check for this. A midpoint in Aries should be between 0° and 29+° - not 180° and 209+°.

The IC for Ms. Betancourt's progressed lunar is 357°51'. Let's do her progressed Moon/Jupiter midpoint.

From the Paran table Moon "Upper" 33°41'
From the Paran table Jupiter "Upper" 322°32'

Added together = 356°13'

Divided by 2 = 178°07' (I round up)

This would be near the MC! But you know it is near the IC. This is one of those cases where the answer has been given in the opposite degree of it's true position. Add 180° to get 358°07'. This is 0°16' minutes from an exact conjunction with the IC. Quite appropriate for emotional feelings at the time of one's return to freedom.

Now find other possible midpoints and do them.

I hope this is helpful.

Bob

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/a-rundo ... cue-406949

A rundown of the Colombian hostage rescue

World / 3 July 2008, 8:42pm

"Just after noon: Two Colombian military helicopters, painted white and red to look like aircraft used in humanitarian missions, leave a base in eastern Colombia, headed for the jungle of Guaviare department.

1:13 pm: One of the helicopters lands in a clearing near the rebel encampment, not far from the Apaporis river, 70 kilometres (44 miles) south of San Jose del Guaviare, while the other remains aloft.

Six soldiers are on board including two pilots, all of them disguised as members of an international humanitarian mission or guerrillas. The latter tell "Cesar" he is to bring the hostages to another camp where they will meet new FARC chief Alfonso Cano in person.

1:30 pm: After a brief conversation, "Cesar" and another rebel order the hostages to be bound at the wrist and put on the helicopter, which the two guerrillas also board.

1:35 pm: The helicopter lifts off from the guerrilla camp, and one of the pilots alerts military commanders with code language - "generators ready" - that the hostages are in their hands.

1:41 pm: At 2 500 feet (about 833 metres) altitude, two soldiers overpower "Cesar" and his companion, yelling to the hostages: "We are the Army of Colombia, you are free!" The president is informed by telephone.

Just after 2:00 pm: The helicopters land at San Jose del Guaviare where 11 hostages are transferred to a military plane that will take them to the Tolemaida military base, where the presidential aeroplane awaits them.

"I want first of all to thank God and the Colombian soldiers," Betancourt tells a reporter for an army radio station in the region."

US nationals Thomas Howes, Marc Gonsalves and Keith Stansell are separated from the group and board a US aeroplane that will fly them directly to the United States.

2:15 pm: Defence Minister Juan Manuel Santos announces the release in a press conference in Bogota.

5:08 pm: The presidential aeroplane carrying Betancourt and 11 other Colombian hostages arrives at Catam military base west of Bogota.

Betancourt walks out of the aeroplane and into the arms of her mother Yolanda Pulecio and her husband Juan Carlos Lecompte. - Sapa-AFP

Bulletbobb wrote:If anyone is interested, I have found a reliable method for progressing/directing ingress charts. Should also work on lunation charts, tho I haven't tried it.

CRW
Care to share your method? I'm interested.

I remembered what I was doing and did an example.
I was going to upload some charts, but I see from the instructions that doing so is more complicated than I am willing to get involved with right now.
Anyone know of a really simple way to upload charts to the forum? Otherwise I'll just tell you how to do it. It's pretty simple.

Bob

PS: I've been experimenting, and I think I'll be able to upload a couple of charts in a little bit. That huge list of how-to's was more confusing than anything else, so I ignored it and figured it out myself.

That huge list is long only because it is needed to give step by step directions given in plain English, understandable by average intelligence. In actual practice, given a birth or event chart, I can produce the progressed lunar return for it in about 2 minutes, no more than 3, start to finish.

My belief in it's veracity is based on thousands of it's applications by me through decades and applied to some events centuries old. Initial applications to test it were to natural disasters using mundane charts in Fagan's Western Sidereal Astrology as dates, times, and locations were a matter of record. I later changed to using precession corrected charts in the Tropical zodiac in consideration of others.

A very attractive presentation. I mean the chart itself. The ones I've been experimenting with aren't as sharp as yours. I'm going to use the TinyPic method, as it's what the forum is set up for, I guess.
I'll probably do it this evening.

Bob

Bulletbobb wrote: PS: I've been experimenting, and I think I'll be able to upload a couple of charts in a little bit. That huge list of how-to's was more confusing than anything else, so I ignored it and figured it out myself.
I'm fine with the verbal "how to."

You're right. It is a pain in the a** to upload charts to this forum.