A Note From The Moderator

Thanks for the comments from our new (or in reality) not so new members who have rejoined with new names but clearly hurt feelings over having their previous memberships suspended. Hence the OTT insulting comments about moderators I have seen.

Unfortunately, some people see a forum as place to indulge in personal insults and petty feuds. A number of posters who consistently flout forum guidelines have had their memberships suspended in the past here. But many people obviously cant keep away and rejoin with a new anonymous handle.

Having said all that I would concede the comments about the low input from moderators and general low energy on the site is fair enough. I think the reality is that several Skyscript moderators that took on the role many years back like myself currently dont have the amount of free time to spend on the forums that they would like. I know the Sports Moderator is stepping down due to this and because of the behaviour of some posters on that forum.

Moreover, Deborah Houlding herself is no longer an active presence on the forums as she once was. Being a moderator is a purely voluntary role and and a rather thankless task. Its been said before that organizing astrologers is like herding cats. Because you have at times to make lines in the sand for members by enforcing forum guidelines you inevitably become the target of attacks by those who have had action taken against them. Dealing with that kind of negative behaviour is very demotivating at times. I had one former member who literally stalked and insulted me on social media for well over a year following his banning from the site. In my experience astrologers are on the whole a highly feral lot who dont like to have any limits placed on where they can go.

As for the future of this specific forum I am certainly not power hungry to remain. I would suggest anyone interested in taking over this forum as Moderator send me a PM. If you have the time, energy and are willing to be unpopular at times because you have to enforce forum guidelines please get in touch.

Beyond that I think we could use some extra help to deal with things like spammers who never give up trying to advertize themselves here all over the forum.

Ultimately, though the final choice of Moderators here is up to Deborah Houlding as the site owner.

Thanks

Mark Cullen
Mundane Forum Moderator
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly