Missing Button

Hello,

I thought I would give another missing item horary, if anyone wants to partake in the fun. I would be curious if others pick up on information that I didn't notice.

Background: I was missing a large botton that came from my royal blue couch. I was worried that my dog had pulled it off and swallowed it because he had already worked one button off before (I caught him and grabbed it before he could swallow it). Normally I wouldn't care much about a missing button but this question was important to me for safety reasons.

My question is: where is the button?
May 18, 2018, at 1849, Dublin, California, USA

Hi Tanit!

The 2nd House ruler, Jupiter, is retrograde, suggesting that you will find the object.

Mars (ruler of the 6th, pets) doesn't touch Jupiter, so I think we can rule out that your dog has swallowed it.

In the 1st House: Surroundings. The object is probably very close to you, easily found, in a place that you are frequently.

Scorpio: water sign. Places where there are debris, such as garbage cans, near water or low places. Close to plumbing, like kitchen or bathroom.
My conclusion: kitchen or bathroom floor.

Hi Tanit, im excited to attempt this lost and found horary! Till now I have only looked at a few of them as I tend to find them harder than career or love horaries.

Ok so here we see both the Sun and the Moon above the horizon, PoF in the 2nd house and 2nd house ruler Jupiter retrograde in the 1st house all pointing to a quick recovery.

Angular first house placement of Jupiter may mean the button was close to the querent, probably hidden away in some of their pockets? It may also have been in kitchen, garbage or somewhere damp like bathroom (Jupiter , Moon both in water signs) or lying fallen on the floor out of the view only to be found suddenly !

Really good comments so far. I will keep this up a week or two before giving a solution.

Serene- I also find missing horaries more difficult. There are a lot of variables to look at, such as what rules the item, how it was lost, how it will be found, the placement of the Moon and PoF, indications of finding it or not (which can sometimes be mixed overall). Then where to find it involves descriptions of various influences, including geographical location, is it high or low, general description of where it is. They seem simple but there are way more variables than most other charts. I would say the only other chart type that is harder are medical horaries.

I agree with Miss Watson and Serene. These two put out a lot so I have to look hard and found some more stuff to added to searchers' collections:

Interesting thing about this Jupiter's grand trine is the Moon has just left Jupiter and Jupiter is applying to Neptune.

I checked to see if the Moon is transferring the light. Jupiter received the Moon by exaltation, so she is carrying the light of Jupiter to Mars. Here is a testimony that the button will be found by the 1st house person (Jupiter is in that house) and not by 6th house creature (the dog didn't eat the button).

The missing item is placed in the 1st house near ascendant. This location usually read as querent put it somewhere nearby... and the Moon's separation from Neptune which could read as emotional confusion about the missing button having been eaten by the dog.

The Moon has moved away from Saturn some time ago. Saturn is conjunct 3rd house but it is retrograde and coming back to 2nd. PoF is also in 2nd house disposed by Saturn. 2nd house is where valuable things are kept (such as safety deposit box) and represents furnishings (Venus) including tables, sofa and couch. Saturn represents all sort of containers. Anything from box to basket also blankets -- the button could be with them.

Mercury is also separated from Saturn and opposing ascendant and Jupiter.
The planet represents, books, writing materials, computer, printer, there are so many things (including an astrologer) -- especially Mercury is placed at the cusp of 7th house. So any of these rulerships I mentioned above could be at the opposite of missing items, including bedroom and things owned by Venus.

Scorpio/Pluto: it could be hidden underneath some dark area or dark corners (Capricorn).

Uranus trine POF: unexpected recovery

Direction: East, North by East

Color: Dark hues: brown, green, black

There are a lot of variables to look at, such as what rules the item, how it was lost, how it will be found, the placement of the Moon and PoF, indications of finding it or not (which can sometimes be mixed overall). Then where to find it involves descriptions of various influences, including geographical location, is it high or low, general description of where it is. They seem simple but there are way more variables than most other charts. I would say the only other chart type that is harder are medical horaries

Yes Tanit ! It is because of the multiple variables and significators that i always found the missing object horaries somewhat harder. I am usually stuck in the end how to conclude - whether to take findings in relation to the Moon or the 2nd cusp ruler or the POF as conclusive of the whereabouts of the missing item. I am still to learn the art of synthesis in these horaries.

I have attempted a few missing object horaries in past but never answered any medical horary. I believe dealing with medical horaries should be left only for those who are experts in this field. It is something very very interesting but it can be dangerous to be accountable for any wrong readings in crucial cases.

:sg
Have a different take on the situation. Should you wish to look at your pet's excretions you might locate it there. Only saying there are significators that yes indeed the dog has swallowed it and in his future when Mercury goes into the 7th you will see the health (6 houses from the 6th is Virgo intestinals) issue after your pet has passed the button. Wishing your dog health, and am hoping should you take him to the vet the exray will prove positive for the health of the dog.

And in this case I am hoping I am wrong.

Sincerely
Vyri
"Omnia Numeris Sita Sunt" = Latin for;
"Everything is veiled in number"
"Ye Stars which are the glory of Heaven!"
If in your bright leaves we would read the fate of men and empires, "tis to be forgiven"- Lord Byron

Hi all,

I've noticed a curious trio of Mars, PoF and Chiron all sharing the same degree.

Mars and PoF are in aversion. I think of aversion as a blind spot (like when you looking at the side mirror of the car). Mars is the driver and not aware PoF is there.

So going back to my earlier reading of Uranus approaching trine to PoF: The querent might suddenly and unexpectedly discover the hidden button which she has missed earlier due to Mars separated from PoF.

The button

Mercury is the natural lord of the dog, 6th house (depends how large the dog is really) VIrgo sign lord of Mercury is upon the 11th house (wishes) in Taurus decanate (possessions) or face additionally (Taurus/Virgo) in the dogs future 2nd house (turning the wheel) and part of his physicallity 6th house, so we might look to the possession having some link with the animal. Mercury trined Saturn dignified in Capricorn POF will effect a TOL from Saturn to Mercury which may give her the treasure of her concern (POF about to conj. Saturn) the health of her dog is relieved, and retrieval of the lost old button is evidenced. Scorpio on the Ascendant is in the gift box (VIa Combusta) section (Andrew Beven) of some unexpected awareness of relief, as though a soldier is released from war duty, Mercury (Dog) opposes (experiences some form of a physical separation) the element of excretion is involved (Scorpio).

Moon relating to the animal's stomach is 'dignified' so this is the only drawback I see that would clinch the button not being within the stomach of the animal, for to swallow a button is an adversity to that area.

The opposition of POF with Moon whom is dignified could mean (Dog's health and retrieval of the button) separation of some sort, effected by Moon being opposed by POF ('treasure is 'button' released from the stomach) but it is doubtful. The relief could be that she realizes the dog's health is not involved by finding thed button somehow. The other aspect that agrees with the button being uneffectual of being within a physical cavity is 2nd dary lord Jupiter of the possession is negated by the Via Combusta upon the 1st house with Jupiter within that area.

It is the last aspect of a harsh realization that concerns me with Moon oppositing her higher octave Pluto in Capricorn.. rules rumblings of the intestines (within a Mercury house) excreations linked to the area Moon is within, dignified in Cancer..will the dog experience discomforture, the opposition is her last aspect it could implie the release but with some distress, for as Moon leaves the sign she will come in contact with Mars any aspect Moon makes with Mars is significant of ailment, least context be otherwise of a health consideration. Mars in turn is sextile Cheron, a healing asteroid within the 12th hidden house for the dog.

Eating is a Sun energy, element involved in the process of the dog nibbling on the button and swallowing it, Mercury at some time will come under the Sun's rays lessening the dogs energy possibly. Perhaps a doggie laxative will help to solve the caper of the missing button?

Wishing the dog and the master relief of future worry or physical concern.
Grand trine almost perfect Kite energy protects to make things easier as the days go by..an answer is on the horizon, Moon is elevated above as is Sun for the retrieval of the button soon, N.N. is promising additionally.

Vyri
All the best
"Omnia Numeris Sita Sunt" = Latin for;
"Everything is veiled in number"
"Ye Stars which are the glory of Heaven!"
If in your bright leaves we would read the fate of men and empires, "tis to be forgiven"- Lord Byron

Hello all,

I am going to post the outcome now, so do not read the following if you still want to participate:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

OUTCOME
The object was not swallowed by my dog and was recovered by me minutes after creating the chart, with clues from the chart that triggered memory of the item. After creating the chart, the grand water trine with Jupiter retro ruling the item and Neptune being involved, I thought it was a message to use my intuition to determine where the item was, and I felt better seeing that Mars was not involved with the item and that my dog did not swallow it. I noticed too that the PoF was in the house of Saturn and Saturn had been opposite the Moon and Lilly says that for lost objects, Saturn shows forgetfulness and losing the item by forgetting. I am often busy thinking about other things (especially my graduate studies) and can put things away without remembering doing so. There have been times I have stuck weird objects in the freezer or glasses of water in the closet because my mind is absorbed with something else (typical absent-minded professor stuff) This triggered a vague memory from a relatively recent time period where I thought I might have already found the button (it was falling off of its spot and the thread loose from my dog chewing on it, so I took it off) and put it away with the other button he had attempted to swallow, but I could not remember where I put the original button. I stopped and allowed my intuition to pull me and wandered to a table drawer and found them both inside. The table was wooden (a pale wood, unstained) and in the kitchen area. The location was south, slightly southeast. The table is a little high (it is kind of like a buffet table). I thought that the PoF and Saturn opp helped describe the location a bit this time, as the location was in a wooden table and facing south (Capricorn). It was very interesting that the button's house was Sag ruled, as Sag rules the color royal blue. My lack of recollection and use of intuition was shown well, I thought, and was very helpful for finding it. The Moon is dignified in a cardinal sign, and in a pretty tight trine with the item too, showing recovery is going to happen quickly. I am not entirely sure of the meaning of Mercury here but it could just be further illustrating some mental confusion/distraction around the issue of where I put the item. I was very worried about my dog and considered taking him to the hospital to get an X-ray because he had swallowed something before that lead to some issues, so this chart may have seemed trivial but actually saved me a lot of time and money and worry.

There were some on the mark responses that were really surprising and I think help show that missing horaries can be very descriptive. Several of you mentioned the kitchen and plumbing, and it is in the kitchen eating area and the table sits against the kitchen sink plumbing wall. You guys also pretty much picked up on locating the item quickly and that it was nearby. Part of Fortune was especially very descriptive about the item being inside something Saturn-like (it was wooden and plain - also something I put together with my own hands) and querent being confused about putting the item nearby already. This would be hard for most people to notice. I think both Neptune and Saturn's influence could suggest this.

Moon (mind) in 9th separating from Neptune must be surely your intuition at work like you said guiding you back to the lost button. It had struck me in the beginning that you have mentioned the color royal blue but later I forgot all about it! Must have been a great relief to know that your pet was all right. This was an interesting horary with a neat outcome. Thanks for sharing Tanit :)