thanks mark,

i was wondering about that change in title... sometimes they revise a title in newer editions... i couldn't find any listing for the title you mentioned, but i did for the title that i shared... thanks for clarifying that for me...

The most interesting and comprehensive book I've read on the nodes is Prash Trivedi's THE KEY OF LIFE (2002), about 400 pages. You can skip the sections that relate to the sidereal zodiac. This book has apparently been re-published, perhaps with a few added pages, as THE RAHU-KETU EXPERIENCE (2016) On Amazon this later book is less expensive for some reason.

My next favorite is LUNAR NODES by Celeste Teal (2008, 2014). I like it a lot more than the book by Judith Hill. But then every astrologer has something unique to say.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

thanks therese!

it sounds as though i was correct then and my intuition was on track in thinking the titles might have changed, but the book is the same... i found a copy of this book you mention for a good price and ordered it.. i am looking forward to reading it...

i thought judith hills book on the nodes was excellent, but i haven't read celeste teals book, so now i am curious about that book too, lol! thanks for your input.. i tend to not like much of the material Llewellyn Publications prints... the publications are very lukewarm for me.. maybe her book on the nodes is different..

mark - the martin schulman book on the nodes is quite good... i was reading more last night... worth checking out, if you have a copy already, or can get one easily...

i received a copy of the book that threse mentioned in her last post - the rahu ketu experience and want to reiterate what therese suggests - a quick overview on this book the past day and it is excellent at a superficial glance.. i intend on reading it back to back, but for anyone looking for a thorough book on the nodes would benefit from reading it..

Re: Meaning of the Moon's Nodes.

The Moon's Nodes have a specific meaning that can be found by studying and researching them, but they are confused by spiritual guff. The Moons Nodes have been used for a long time, and surely traditional astrology has something to say about them before new age astrologers started going on about spiritual directions? There are likely to be deeper meanings, but the new age explanations are a dead end going nowhere.

Such are internet memes that I couldn't find anywhere that gave the connections with people explanation for the Moon's Nodes. No mention that they are about kinship and connections.
I am not adept, but when afforded the luxury of time for study, have indulged in astrology over the last several decades. I cringe to make the comparison, but the new agers took the dire oracle that is tarot, knocked the corners off of it, and eliminated Death and the Devil. It's the same campaign replacing Hans Christian Anderson with the Teletubbies.

To quote Robert Hand in his forward to Olivia Barclay's Horary Astrology Rediscovered: "Divination is a word that has not been wholly respectable in recent years." He then goes on to define it as 'what the state of the spiritual underpinning of reality (sic) is', then expounds upon astrology as applied mysticism.

What I'm getting at, is the frustrating mechanisms used to undermine valid, utilitarian concepts, methods , tools that actually work (dangerous!) only to advocate the ambiguous, make-everybody-happy replacements.

This is especially troubling here because astrology is that sacred domain that determines order out of apparent chaos.

I'll refrain now from opening a screaming can of worms by asking you to envision the medieval astrologer's fate the first time he tries to employ the use of psychology in his prognosis to the king...

Incidentally, gorgeous avatar Fleur!