Whole Sign Horaries ?

Excuse me for writing without presenting a chart...
May I ask how many readers/pratitioners use whole sign houses when dealing with a horary? Robert Hand e.g. seems to do so.
One might of course also give an example...
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

Hello Lunlumo, im also curious too as to how many use the whole signs system in horary. Whole signs should be easier to use but im not sure of the accuracy it gives in horary

Hello Lunlumo - you will find horary astrologers that use many different chart types, from Regionontanus, Placidus, Whole Sign to Sidereal versus Western. I think it is not something anyone can really answer regarding what works best. I use Regiomontanus, because that is most standard horary type and what William Lilly used. Astrologers can be influenced by many different theories and ideas, so Hand's choice is probably based on his own experience and research. I doubt in many cases it makes a huge different in a given chart to use different chart types. When I was moderator on Tribe, there was a very good whole sign sidereal astrologer who would interpret charts and he usually came to the same conclusions we did with his own methods.

Here is an old thread that covers the background of whole sign a bit versus Regio also:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3048