Which house?

Hi, I need help in choosing significators for these:

1)Which house is a dance class?

I know dance itself is 5th house, but if my question is: Should I join this dance class ?
In a question like this I am asking whether I should or should not take this specific dance teachers classes. So the dance teacher I am assuming is the 7th house? Her teaching(dance classes) are 3rd from the 7th or 5th from the 7th? Or should I just take the radix 5th house as the dance class?

2) Which house is a course/class in general? Non creative arts?
Any kind of course which is not creative I am assuming is 3rd house? Or would it be 9th house? To my knowledge 9th is higher education, so a short course/classes to learn something new is the 3rd?
Again, if I want to know whether or not to take a certain course/class, should I look at 3rd from the 7th, 7th being the mentor Or should I just look at the radix 3rd?

I personally would view basic dance classes as 3rd house but if they are higher level and require years of study and skill, I would lean towards 9th. To me, the 9th doesn't have to imply university level, but more so just a higher level or building on basic knowledge that is already there. The 3rd is the house of learning in general but more so lower level, basic concepts. If it is purely for fun and you don't plan on learning anything, then I would think 5th for a recreational activity. To me it sounds like the objective is to learn and the subject matter of dance is 5th whereas the class itself is 3rd. You could see something like a 5th ruler in the 3rd or 3rd ruler in the 5th making it more radical.

I tend to ask a lot of educational related questions because I am a perennial student and I do not view a professor as an equal in those types of charts, so I would not give them the 7th. The 7th is more so your fellow peers taking the course with you, who have similar knowledge, etc. To me, a teacher/instructor/professor is a 9th house person, however, in my own charts, which are matters related to the 9th, a professor often shows themselves as a representative planet. For example, I am taking a very difficult molecular course this semester and a recent chart seemed to suggest that Saturn was the professor. He is a very hands off, somewhat cruel and inflexible person and it wasn't hard to make the connection.

As with any horary, significators are helpful, but the overall energy of the chart should help answer the question also. If you are asking about the class being a good experience, etc., then your own significator/Moon looking well placed/aspected in general can help answer any question really. The Moon is always super important, and when free of affliction (not combust, in hard aspect with a bad planet, free of nodes and bad fixed stars), increasing in light, with dignity is generally a big pro for a new venture., especially so if in a nice aspect with the Sun.

Thank you very much Tanit.

I have learned various forms of dance for 14 yrs. Until my mid 20's I used to dance but only as a hobby. It's not my profession.
Lately I am having back ache and stiff joints, so I decided to join fitness programs but that didn't help me. a) Because I never managed to get up early and go to the gym. b) I didn't enjoy so I had no motivation to go.

So I decided to get back into dancing as a form of fitness exercise. I know I will wake up early if it's to go to dance class. Finding the right class for me was difficult, because most classes had young teenagers learning and I didn't want to be with them. I started looking for classes with older students like me and found a few so I asked the question.

My chart for dance had My significator Mercury(ruler of ascendant) conjunct 5th cusp. The 5th is in Capricorn, ruled by Saturn which is in the 5th house. After you mentioned 9th house I noticed that my 9th house ruler Venus is in my 3rd and my 3rd house ruler Mars is conjunct the 8th cusp. The Moon from Aquarius has translated light from Venus to Mars, and next applies to Jupiter not within orbit. Venus itself is applying to trine to Mars. Moon does not apply to me(Mercury). However Mercury will conjunct Saturn in the 5th but before it conjuncts Saturn it squares Mars. Sun is also in the 5th house therefore Saturn is combust although Pluto is in between Sun and Saturn. And Saturn ruling the 5th is a bit off putting because I am hoping it to be fun.

My second chart is about a course I want to take. It is a technical course and I will be learning things from scratch. The 3rd house is ruled by Sun, which is in detriment in Aquarius and 6 degrees away from 9th house cusp.
My significator is Mercury and its combust Sun. Soon will conjunct Sun. Moon in Libra translates light from Mercury to Sun by trine. The 9th house ruler is Capricorn Saturn, Moon will square that eventually from Libra.

Judging the condition of the Sun(detriment), the course can't be good if Sun rules the course. But if Saturn rules the course, then it's not as bad as Sun because Saturn is in own rulership although it's in the 8th house which is a bad house for any planet. I think either ways the chart suggest I am not in a position to make a decision because I am combust. Either that or the chart suggest I will take this course because Mercury conjuncts Sun in the 9th house.

I will be starting my dance class mid February, so I can look back at my chart and see what the chart showed that I might have missed when I first read it. I have not paid for the classes, so if I don't end up going to that dance class Or if I take it and regret it, I will update this thread in about 2 months.

For the other course, I am not too sure if I should take judging by the chart.

Venus is not making any aspect with 5th house in my chart, I think. The 5th house is ruled by Saturn and I thought that was odd for something like dance.
I am taking the class regardless, so I will be able to post the chart with update later in a month or so. Thanks AJ.
Last edited by Jupiterrising on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will an online course be 3rd house too? Beginner course 3rd and advanced 9th. If the course is beginner through advanced then?

One thing I forgot to tell last time is that I will be taking an online course for the other technical subject I mentioned. I still haven't found a good course to learn. I am so frustrated.

Online is still a course, so i would say 3rd. If it is beginning through advanced then you would start as a beginner? Again, I would assume it depends on the depth of knowledge. A simple online course is probably not 9th house, but it would depend on the knowledge level necessary. Again, the 9th is a higher level. It would be years of mastery, basically.

In practice it has proven true that it is the best,
not to distinguish as to the grade of the learners,
i.e. whether they are 'beginners' or 'advanced'.

With the exception of all what is subject of the
education in elemantary schools, all leraning
seems to be allotted properly to the 9th.

And this is for driving schools the same as for dan-
cing schools or dancing classes of every range.

Jupiterrising wrote:Thank you Johannes. Johannes are you saying that in your personal experience all forms or learning are 9th house or are you quoting that from some book?
This is my opinion, Jupiterrising, due to conversations with colleagues at first, and then my own experience with questions of this kind.

The differentiation between 'low' and 'high' does not seem to be really justified.

I thought to quote Frawley, for example, but could not find a really matching quote as yet.

I took the dance class, it was not what I expected or was used to. It is a bit boring because there are older students who were not advanced dancers just beginners or those who are intermediate level.
I don't regret joining the class because overall it's a good experience. I feel like I have been paying for the classes every month but I hardly attend because of how boring it is.
I should not be complaining about how boring it is because I was looking for classes for older people because I didn't want to be with teenagers.

I enrolled the technical course the same day but that was a horror story.
I paid my money and the transaction went through, but the course person said she did not get the money and I wasn't allowed to access the course. I had to file dispute with my bank and it took almost 20 days to clear the dispute and get me my money back.
Before I filed dispute via bank I told the lady I will be filing for dispute, she asked me to go ahead but when her own bank contacted her 15 days later because of the dispute, she sent me an email saying she had not seen the transaction in her account and it was oversight and she asked me to take back the dispute. I did not. I got my money back. But it was a bad experience. I remember casting a chart for this particular course too, and there were only squares and opposition's I think, when I find the chart I will upload it.