Traditionally the father is represented by the lord of the 4th, as you said.

For you, then, your father remains signified by the 4th and does not get another house or significator when he is later becoming your open enemy, your friend or your boss.

In your chart your father's open or public enemies are signified by the 7th of the 4th, i.e. the radical 10th.

Surely the 4th house as Johannes suggested.

Kindly excuse me but what did you mean by "on the other side". English being a foreign tongue for me at times I am unable to understand certain expressions.

Serene wrote:Surely the 4th house as Johannes suggested.

Kindly excuse me but what did you mean by "on the other side". English being a foreign tongue for me at times I am unable to understand certain expressions.

By "the other side", I mean the other side of death (he died in Jun 2018), i.e. the spirit world

Ok thanks. I thought that as well but wished to confirm. Because I think it's important to know before looking at the chart if horary can indeed answer questions of the astral or the spirit worlds ? Do planets exert their influence in realms other than the physical?

Serene wrote:Ok thanks. I thought that as well but wished to confirm. Because I think it's important to know before looking at the chart if horary can indeed answer questions of the astral or the spirit worlds ? Do planets exert their influence in realms other than the physical?

That's a great question - does anyone know?

I don't know about the western system but in vedic they have some techniques by which they predict the future of a soul after their passing away to another realm. They have techniques to determine what's to come in future births as well. You may try that