Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Father's health

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serene

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Father's health Reply with quote

Hi forum, Recently father developed symptoms that pointed towards cardiac trouble. His BP shot up very high and the doctor has prescribed some cardiac tests as well as some other tests which he is postponing and very unwilling to do. I was worried and asked ---
"Is it something serious ? Is it cardiac trouble? "

He is a diabetic and had his BP slightly on the higher side even before this incident. He was also having pain in his left hand after he returned as well as some pain in the ribs
He may have suffered some muscle strain as he did some strenuous activity recently..

I will be grateful if someone can help me with this horary. I get biased whenever i try interpreting my own horaries. And I am concerned as he is not going for his diagnostic tests and he has a habit of keeping things to himself so I suspect that he may be keeping us in dark about his health. Like I won't be surprised if I get to know he has already had a cardiac arrest and knows about it too

I'm writing my reading in the next post.
Thanks so much in advance

Last edited by Serene on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
Serene

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father is Saturn in Capricorn and in his turned 12th house of sorrows or recluse /isolation and separated recently from a square with Mars. Disease is symbolized by moon and such a disease is recurring according to Lilly. Moon is in its triplicity and deposited by Mercury , the turned 5th house lord of his heart. Mercury , the heart is at a critical degree and combust and exactly on the 4th house cusp (his ascendant) . Sun the natural ruler of heart is in detriment in Aquarius. North node which is generally a benefic is in the turned 6th showing some help.Ruler of turned 6th is in the turned 8th may mean the disease is not easily curable.Moon separated from Mars by antiscion. Moon's next aspect is a trine to Mercury showing that the condition will come under control? Moon in mutable sign means the disease will go away quickly ? Saturn is on Jupiter and Venus by antiscion. (I am wondering what this can mean?)

.....To be followed..
Serene

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed the VOC moon which should mean there is nothing to fear!! I was worried seeing so many hard aspects in the chart and trying to make sense out of them that i skipped this basic point! He has been on pain relief medicines and is feeling much better now. But whenever we ask him to go for the tests and he says he hasnt completely recovered!! Even though he is back to work!! Confused Hopefully we will manage to convince him soon.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Serene - I did not comment earlier due to lack of time. If you get a better idea on the cause of his issues, please post. My own father recently had a heart attack and had stents put in for several blocked arteries, so I know what it is like to have a father with some health issues. My mother also has diabetes. It is a terrible disease.

Overall, his significator is pretty strong and the influence of Mars is separating, suggesting improvement from inflammation and pain, which is still felt but separating. Mars is also being kept in check by Venus and Jupiter, so not so terrible. Capricorn influences might suggest his right side pain is due to joint/bone issues, such as the strain you mentioned. I would not regard Moon as VOC due to being within orb of Mercury. In Virgo it could emphasize some GI issues that are causing rib pain, but the Sun in detriment on his ascendant could also point to some real heart issues that he should have checked out better. I normally associate Sun with the heart and life force in general. A detrimented Sun would suggest some weakened energies but his primary sig is again quite strong (more so if you regard it as just in the radical 3rd though). I hope your dad is improving and gets those tests done soon, just in case.

Quote:
Saturn is on Jupiter and Venus by antiscion. (I am wondering what this can mean?)

Probably something similar to Mars being beheld by the benefics. It would suggest a protective influence, such as overcoming illness or getting treatment that helps (eventually).
Serene

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Tanit for helping out with this chart. Very appreciated. Sorry to hear about your father. I have come to know of some effective herbal medication for heart disease and I will PM you if you wish to suggest it to your dad. He is better now with the pain gone but there is still some general weakness. Still no tests done. I wish medical labs /diagnostic centers had the option of buying gift vouchers for relatives and friends who won't budge! Confused

I will update here when I get to know something more
Again thanks for your kind insights.
Serene

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - Finally today father went for the tests!! I will be able to give feedback next week sometime after the reports are out.
Miss Watson

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not able to answer Health Horaries and I want to learn more about it.
I tried to answer you and I have some observations, but I think I still have no mature to speak out.
So, I'll keep waiting for the results.
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Watson - Decumbiture is a very specialized area and I rarely meet anyone who is well versed in it. It doesn't hurt to give it a shot. I am not great at them either but I figure practice helps. I have a lot of medical knowledge and I still am not always able to make sense of all of the symbolism, especially for a problem that is multi-factorial. I can tell if a condition is serious or not at least, which is usually what is most important in these types of questions. Deb does have a Decumbiture tutorial up on this website to get anyone started, if they are interested. I never got around to reading a lot of text on it, so my knowledge is pretty basic. I would like to sign up for horary certificate studies when I have some free time and maybe I can learn more about it.

One problem I have with decumbiture is that I assume symbolism in one chart will be the same in another and I feel like that doesn't always work because there are often many symbols going on at once. I have had at least one very memorable question where a primary sig had heavy Capricorn influences and it was bone/joint pain in a child due to growth issues. My best friend was worried about infection but I predicted the proper diagnosis that the doctor later agreed with. I often think of general bone and joint pain with strong Cap influences for this reason but it has other meanings too. Here I sort of assumed some of the pain described was probably due in part to aging also, though (which makes sense given the fact that the father is likely an older gentleman). However, there are other things going on in the chart.
Serene

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE : The reports are out and Tanit was right in saying that there is nothing major to worry about. They were all more or less normal except for high sugar which has shot up even higher than his usual levels ( he is already a diabetic). But still it is a relief that there was no harm done to heart since his symptoms very much like that. He was suggested many tests - ultrasound of the abdomen , 2D Echo for heart, blood , urine, sugar tests and a chest X ray. After having a look at the reports the doctor concluded that the pain he suffered was due to the musculoskeletal skeletal strain . The abnormally high BP was also a result of the same. He had developed fever around the same time as well and some gastric upset also, the causes of which are not known. The pain took some time to heal completely with painkillers. Thank you Tanit for your much helpful reply. It came as a big relief when I read it. And thanks Miss Watson for your interest in the chart.
Tanit3333

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Serene. I am glad it sounds like he is doing relatively Ok. Thumbs up
Miss Watson

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in responding.
You already have posted the outcome, but I'll leave my comment as an amateur.

Tanit,
I have a certain difficulty with Decumbiture. I tried twice and I interpreted wrongly in both, because I only saw negative aspects and, in the end, they weren't serious diseases.
Thank you for sharing about Decumbitura tutorial. It was a good surprise for me to find all the material available here! I've never been beyond the forum.

Serene,
First of all, I'm glad your father is getting better.
Your father is represented by Saturn in the 12th, of the hospital. Saturn rules the skeleton and bone structure. Saturn separates from a square with Mars, which appears in cases of high blood pressure.

The Moon rules his 6th house but doesn't walk to afflictions, indicating improvement in health.
Cancer characterizes digestive and gastric diseases, while Virgo, shows diseases in the intestinal and digestive tract.

The high sugar in the blood is represented by Jupiter aspecting Mars. Since Jupiter is also strong, this irregularity of the blood sugar was pronounced.

For me, this chart was quite interesting. I need to study more about this! Smile
Serene

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Miss Watson, sorry I thought you wanted the outcome. Did not know you would like to post your reading before that Crying or Very sad
I think that's a good reading for someone who is a beginner at decumbiture.
Thanks for the tutorial on decumbiture to Tanit! I also never knew it existed. I am always under the impression that i have explored all of Skyscript tutorials but something new turns up everytime!!
Miss Watson

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Serene,
No worries at all! Very Happy
It was very interesting and educational for me anyway! Thumbs up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: