Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Horary versus Electional : Which one is the strongest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGFoxe

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Watson, if you noted the obstacles signified in the horary 'scope, could you not time them out, noting when they cleared and reask your question?
Serene

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ wrote:
Serene wrote:
AJ
Can you please clarify what you understand and mean by "decision has been already made" I have read this clause for the late degree rising at many places but never quite understood it. Does it mean that the outcome cannot be changed or the possible actions that can be taken by the querent have already been decided and fixed. I suppose it must be the latter?

Serene: To piggyback on what Miss Watson has quoted and written:
Quote:
Miss Watson According to Sylvia de Long, 27 degrees or more may suggest that the querent, or another person important to the querent has already made the decision.
Everytime I had 27 degrees or more, I had already made a decision.

The above is "it" in a nutshell.

Late Degrees: The Querent or someone involved the situation or object of the question has already made a decision regarding/affecting its outcome. This can be known or unknown to the Querent at the time of the question. It does not prohibit a judgment but late degrees on the ascendant should give the astrologer pause to carefully look at the configurations affecting the significators. If I see late degrees in a horary I also go back and make sure I understand what the client is truly asking about. Late degrees, 27 to 29 rising can also give the astrologer a way out if an answer isn't available.

I think we have all had occasions when deep down had already made up our minds on some issue but weren't really conscious of it at the time.

changing gears here... The free will versus fate in astrology has tasked many minds greater than mine. Right here on this board even, do a search and it comes up quite often. The arguments on both sides are compelling. Personally, it's not a big issue for me because I have a very Asiatic outlook on such things.

Hope all of this helps and haven't confused or clouded anyone's understanding.

Cheers.

Hi AJ , thanks for explaining further. I think I finally got it !!! Laughing

I am also like you said "Asiatic" in free will vs fate issue , and it has been fine with me and I normally don't try to wrack my brain about this but it suddenly caught my interest in context of the meaning of late ascendant and Miss Watson's query.

Cheers !
Miss Watson

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Miss Watson, if you noted the obstacles signified in the horary 'scope, could you not time them out, noting when they cleared and reask your question?

Hi SGFoxe,
Could you rephrase your question, please? (I'm not a native English speaker) Confused
Serene

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for butting and answering on behalf of SGFoxe! Laughing

I think what SGFoxe means is that you can keep a note of all the obstacles your horary is showing . And then whenever you see all these obstacles cleared in the real life situation then you can reask the question once again.
Miss Watson

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry for butting and answering on behalf of SGFoxe! Laughing

I think what SGFoxe means is that you can keep a note of all the obstacles your horary is showing . And then whenever you see all these obstacles cleared in the real life situation then you can reask the question once again.

No problem! haha
It makes sense for me. I'll keep taking notes (I think I am starting to have some glimpses of what are these obstacles) and even made a new Horary through a new perspective. But it's still too early to come to a conclusion Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: