Personal significators in astrology

This seems to be a contentious subject in some of the astrological communities I’ve been a part of for a while now.

Many people know their persona significator in their chosen astrological systems, be it the Moon, Ascendant, or Sun.

But it seems certain people don’t like it when people “over identify??? with their personal significator. This is usually due to a myriad of reasons like “it’s only part of your natal chart/horoscope???, “it’s not the only placement you have???, etc.

While these statements are true, I’ve observed many people really do typically resemble their personal significator the most of any other placement.

Using traditional methods of determining a personality, it seems to me that many natives are their personal significator with the other placements signifying other areas/people in the mative’s life or slightly modifying temperament.

I’m not able to fully flesh out this idea at the moment, but I thought I’d post it just in case I forgot later.

I look forward to everyone’s response![/b]

Hi Tsukii,

I, agree with your contention about personal significators. The astrologer community is by and large, confused about what sign or ascendant to consider to obtain their personal significator. I, too had been very confused for a long time about it. In Indian Astrology The Moon Sign is given much importance. However, over a very long period from 1961 until today I, have experienced that it is the Rising Sign (Ascending Sign) whose ruler is the true significator of the personality of the person. The personality is further modified by 3 factors, namely:

1. Planets in the Ascendant
2. Association of the ruler of Ascendant with other planets.
3. Aspects on the Ascendant and the ruler of the Ascendant by Mars (4th, 7th and 8th aspect ), Jupiter (5th, 7th and 9th aspect ) and Saturn (3rd,7th and 10th Aspect ).

It must be noted that when the ruler of the Ascendant is associated with other planets in a Sign/House its location among the other planets is also of much significance. It may be in the beginning, somewhere in the middle or even at the end of the other planets by virtue of the longitudes of the planets. The ruler of the Ascendant imbibes all the characteristics of the planet immediately before it, by longitude but it is itself imbibed by the planet immediately in front of it, by longitude, of course. This collection of planets in a Sign/House is called a stellium. However, it must not be forgotten that whatever the traits the ruler of the Ascendant attains due to its house/Sign location, aspects of other planets or location in a Stellium the PLANETS in The Ascendant define the personality of the native to a much greater extent. In Indian Astrology , though, all planets aspect the 7th from themselves; the aspects referred to above of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are more significant. It becomes quite an exercise when The ruler of the Rising Sign is in a stellium or aspected by other planets, plus the Ascendant having a planet or two or more even. In such cases it is wise to go by the characteristics of the planets in the Ascendant.

I, hope this will clear some doubts while determining the personality of a person.

Ck

astrodesk com

ck@astrodesk.com

Astrodesk wrote:
However, over a very long period from 1961 until today I, have experienced that it is the Rising Sign (Ascending Sign) whose ruler is the true significator of the personality of the person. The personality is further modified by 3 factors, namely:

1. Planets in the Ascendant
2. Association of the ruler of Ascendant with other planets.
3. Aspects on the Ascendant and the ruler of the Ascendant by Mars (4th, 7th and 8th aspect ), Jupiter (5th, 7th and 9th aspect ) and Saturn (3rd,7th and 10th Aspect ).
Also from the 1960s this is what I've found as well. It may not be the lord of the ascendant itself, but any planets in association or aspecting that planet. There's a general misunderstanding today that the entire ascendant sign is an important key, but it's the (sidereal) lord of the ascendant and planets aspecting the ascendant that are the keys, not the ascendant sign itself.

Jupiter is my ascendant lord (Sagittarius Asc) conjunct Saturn. I'm definitely a Saturn type person, but Jupiter is well placed, so my life has been generally fortunate. But my personality could be called "anti Jupiter." (Jupiter has lower longitude in planetary war.) The ascendant lord seems to act like a magnet to attract key planets for a person.

It's interesting that way back in Hellenistic times, from his studies, Robert Schmidt noted that three factors were almost the entire chart. This would be related to the fortunes of the person:

(1) Domicile lord of the ascendant
(2) Domicile lord of the Lot of Fortune
(3) Trigon lords of the sect light (Sun for day births, Moon for night births)

Notice it's all about planets, and not about signs of the zodiac.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm