How to read event charts for criminal cases?

Dear astrologers!

Beg your pardon that my following interest is going in a morbid direction. I'm a passionate reader of detective novels so that might be an explanation.

For some time now I like to know more about event charts. Especially event charts of homicide, murder, attacks and assassinations got my attentention.
Primarily for astrology meta diagnostic reading. Comparing an event chart with the facts that are already been known about a criminal case. And when getting more experienced even get more background information from an event chart. Informations that are not known yet about the situation and the involved people. That would be great!

But till now I wasn't very successful reading event charts. Wasn't even sure if the offender / murder is assigned to ascendant or descendant and it's ruler.
Because the murder is the initiating factor I was suspecting the ascendant could be his significator. But this is seen from the perspective of the murder. If we are looking through the eyes of the victim couldn't the murder be also the descendant? And what about Mc, Ic and the other houses, Sun, Moon and planets? What are they representing in criminal cases? Ic = Place where it happend? Mc = Police?

Is there a traditional way how to assign astrological significators to murders and victims or general speaking violent criminal cases? Do traditional astrologers agree about these significators or do they differ? Or is reading an event chart for meta diagnostic research a more modern approach?

Which significators would you choose for murders and which for victims?

Can you recommend any books about reading event charts (if there any) that can be useful for this research field?

Best regards,
Christiane

Hi Chris,

This topic is generally referred to as forensic astrology. I do not have any book recommendations, but there have been recommendations from others in the forum. One thread can be found here where an author with a book and specialty website is listed:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 1a31ce9a84

If you search around a bit via Google, you will also find example charts in Skyscript where we have looked at event charts for crimes/missing people. I hope that helps.

Hello Tanit,

what a beautiful surprise my dear!

Your search tips, links to book recommendations and a website exclusively dedicated to that topic was more than I hoped to find here.

I did search the internet before for 'event charts' and 'event astrology' with little success. But now I'm aware they weren't the right keywords. I would have never looked for 'forensic astrology' if you didn't point me to that direction.

I quick search on amazon.com is showing quite a few books about that topic. Even books named 'criminal astrology' are there:

Caroline Luley
Forensic Astrology for Everyone - 2012
Forensic Astrology For Everyone Workbook 1 - 2013
Celebrity Mysteries and Cold Cases - 2016

Caroline Luley's website dedicated to forensic astrology:
https://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/

B.D. Salerno
Forensics by the Stars: Astrology Investigates - 2012
Exploring Forensic Astrology: The Secrets Behind Famous Family Murders - 2016

Kirsty L McIntosh:
Criminal Astrology: Volume I Understanding Crime Charts - 2018

That looks very promising on first sight.
Thank you very much! ????
Chris

I forgot to mention that there is also a time of death challenge chart in the members only forum that shows how charts can not only predict the time of death but the type of death, which can factor into forensic charts, where it is unclear if the person died by their own hand, by accident or foul play. In the example chart, the family was searching for answers on what happened to the person. I am guessing horary was likely used also, but the challenge focused on the natal chart, which is often helpful to combine with this particular subject.