Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will she be able to walk Ozzie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanit3333

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am certainly not going to post her natal chart here by any means.

I agree it would not be appropriate but it is something I consider with horary and event charts. I meant more so for personal use rather than sharing online. I normally weigh horary heavier as a predictive tool but if everything looks a certain way then it can give you more confidence in your interpretation. I tend to gather as much information as possible when giving readings to support my hypothesis but I am also a scientist by vocation.
Serene

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi POF
So what happened in the end? Who walked Ozzie? Smile

Hope the operation did not cause any major problems.
Part of Fortune

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serene wrote:
Hi POF
So what happened in the end? Who walked Ozzie? Smile

Hope the operation did not cause any major problems.

On April 1st, my neighbor’s operation went well. The same person who picked up my neighbor from the hospital walked Ozzie in the morning. My neighbor felt much better this time and walked the dog in the afternoon. On April 2nd, she had the follow up appointment with her surgeon and was told that healing is ahead of schedule. Her regular eye doctor and the surgeon was one and the same person.

The above information was received via emails on April 3rd, which was two days after the surgery. I was expecting her call on the first day of the event but somehow, my phone was silent that afternoon (though she said that she would call me). However, on the evening of April 2nd she sent me an email saying, “Doing very well, key word: drink a lot of water!”

She is looking forward to seeing me and hearing the interpretation of the two horoscope charts. She was excited and very pleased when she found out that I’m doing her charts (this was revealed to her when I asked her about the time of her surgery). Interesting that the Sun represents both cataract and woman’s left eye but also the Sun is a revelation (and earlier chart my ascendant was Leo). The event chart shows the Sun has just entered in radix 12th (things hidden) and the next aspect is to perfect the conjunction with PoF in two units.

Aftermath: I was one of a few who happened to read the short reply temporarily posted right after my last reply. I wish the contributor would stop writing discouraging content, especially to a beginner. The contributor should be aware this is Skyscript. It didn’t seem to me to be the level that Deb Houlding aims for. After saying this, I started to think: with Caput Algol at my ascendant and my significator Venus placed in 11th house (forum), there must be another, a third interpretation that I missed from my last reply… well, here is a thought that crossed my mind:

3). I was recalling a certain incident from Lewis Carroll’s Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and I imagined the following scene -- Alice walked into the rose garden where three panic-stricken gardeners are painting the white roses into red because The Queen of Hearts hates white roses. The 1st gardener handed a brush and a can of red paint to Alice and said, “Hurry change the roses to red -- It’s your fault they are white!” “My fault!?” The 2nd gardener said, “Nobody contradicts our Queen!”
“I contradicted your queen!?” The 3rd gardener said “It’s red, not white! You can’t do this in her domain.” At this moment, they all heard a familiar phrase calling out “Off with her head!”
. . . It took me a while to get back to this thread after that.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of Fortune - Deb herself always questioned horaries she did not understand the point of or thought were not necessary, or were inappropriate, etc., which is why she also has an article on the subject. I am sure she questioned some of my charts too. I never questioned horaries myself until I learned from more advanced readers and also learned myself through error that the more meaningful and well thought out the question, the better the chart will be at offering an answer. She was sometimes as blunt as me as well (we have practically the same chart but in different decades). I do have a very strong Mars which can come across as mean, bossy or coarse to some people. Deb also made me moderator before, so she seemed fine with my content. I apologize if I offended you in some way and that was not my intention.

I don't see your interpretation of the chart, so mine being negative compared to yours seems odd. You alluded to some difficult influences, such as her being retro, in detriment and fall, Moon in the via combusta, etc., but did not offer an interpretation of those planetary influences. I interpreted the chart as a health horary and the chart showed some difficulty around that but perhaps it just related to what you asked, which was about the ability of a dog walk. I was merely pointing out things I would interpret in a serious query on a health matter, if it were my own chart to form and interpret. If I comment in the future, I will refrain my interpreting for others and ask them more pointedly what they believe the symbolism means in their chart, as the astrologer of the question. Also, we had already discussed that the likelihood of a serious problem would be unlikely without horary. Part of the problem of attempting to interpret the chart asked by other people is that you don't always understand where the question is coming from like the person asking or forming it. Also, everyone has off days and no one is infallible.

I am certainly more than happy with anyone else volunteering to be moderator and I was not jumping for joy to do it in the first place due to enough work (and stress) in my life, but offered to help when asked. That might have been unwise and maybe my stress level just shows in my posts? You can let Paul know if you want to volunteer. I do not see myself as a "queen" and, like most people will tell you, moderating is more so a job/chore. I do not think it is fair to place blame on me for a horary that doesn't seem like it lines up well with the outcome by shaping me into a villian that presents itself in your chart (and takes accountability for the debilitated ruler, difficult Moon and Algol influences, etc.). Perhaps it would be best for all if I take a less active role and just check in to make sure there are no problems in the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: