Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Visa for Canada, 2nd demand 2 years later

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arya

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Visa for Canada, 2nd demand 2 years later Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I previously posted an horary for a working holiday visa 2 years ago, you can see the chart here with its result: http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=110739#110739

I'm trying again, hoping this one will be the one! Here is the chart:

[img]https://postimg.cc/PCxnZpsK[/img]
https://postimg.cc/PCxnZpsK
Data used: 11 Apr 19, 10:30am, Lyon, France

My analysis:

So I am mercury in pisces, in the 10th house of career. It makes sense, as I am going there for work. Mercury is conjunct the 5th house of lottery Venus, as the visa is obtained by lottery system I see that as a good sign, even though the aspect is separating.

The 9th house of foreign land is ruled by Saturn, while the house of visa (a gift from foreign government, so turned 2nd from the 10th from the 9th, so 7th house) is ruled by Jupiter.

Mercury is in a separating sextile with Saturn, and in an applying square aspect with Jupiter. It is also in the reception of Jupiter, although in its debility, so not sure what it means for me. Jupiter is also stationary retrograde, starting its retrograde today, does anyone know what it means in horary?

The moon, my secondary significator, is strong in its own sign in the ascendant, in opposition with Jupiter.

There are definitely connexion between the significators so it looks positive, but they are separating aspects, also Mercury is debilitated and Jupiter stationary, which I am not sure how to interpret, can anyone share their views on this chart?

Thank you!

Edit: I updated my chart which was showing sidereal by mistake and added the data used.

Last edited by Arya on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tanit3333

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arya -

Regarding the meaning of slow movement in general, Bonatti's Considerations say (I copied myself from another thread):

Quote:
Considerations on retrograde planets:
The 25th Consideration is, Whether the Planet that is Significator be Retrograde, or Stationary to Retrogradation: for then it signifies mischief and damage, discord, contradiction, and going backward with damage; yet being stationary, is not so bad, as being Retrograde. For the last notes the mischief to be, as it were, present and in being. But being Stationary notes that �tis past and over.

The 43rd is, If the Fortunes and Infortunes be together il-posited, that is, in some of the said Impediments, as Houses where they have no Dignities, Combust or the like; then whatever they signify �tis but weakly; according to that Aphorism of the Philosopher, �A Planet Retrograde and Combust, has no strength in Signification. The Fortunes when Combust and under the Sun �s beams, signify none or very little good; and the Infortunes in like case have little or no virtue to signify ill.� [An unfortunate should be regarded as having very evil signification under the circumstances.]

Stationary planets:
The 26th Consideration is, Whether the Significator be in his Second Station, that is towards Direction; for that signifies also hinderance and evil, which already hath been and is past; yet some say that this Second Station is as good as direction: but this is only a way of speaking, as when one hath been sick and begins to grow well, we say he is recovered and sound, which is not simply true, but somewhere near it; for as the First Station is not so bad as Retrogradation, so the Second Station is not so good as direction.

Slow planets:
The 28th Consideration is Whether the Significator be slow of Course, for then it delays the effect; and if it be in the beginning of anything, retards it, so that it will be scarce ever be finished: besides, things proceed slowly, where Significators are pointed in Sagittary, Capricorn, Aquary or Pisces: or who are the Lords of them, whether they be slow of Course; in Aries or Scorpio they are not quite so dilatory. In Leo they hasten business; more in Taurus or Libra; but most of all in Gemini or Virgo.

These aphorisms can sound overly bleak but the general idea is that there is delay, reversal, repeat, difficulty within the matter to some degree. I actually had a chart similar to this yesterday that was not a bad chart but the situation was not possible (but someone wanted to help me with the situation - Jupiter - without my asking them for help and it was a nice gesture and made my week). Usually going from a difficult planet to a good in general in a chart is one of my favorite things to see, personally, because we rarely ask a question about an already good situation and whatever difficult situation we are in we would rather it be in the past, right? Good luck with securing the Visa. I hope it works out for you.

I am curious why you posted a chart in sidereal format but are using western in your interpretation, such as Mercury in Pisces versus Aquarius? Was sidereal chosen by accident? I also would recommend posting the data in case the image disappears. I have trouble with that website remembering images sometimes.
Arya

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am curious why you posted a chart in sidereal format but are using western in your interpretation, such as Mercury in Pisces versus Aquarius? Was sidereal chosen by accident? I also would recommend posting the data in case the image disappears.

Yes it was by mistake, I mostly study jyotish but I use tropical for horary as I am not familiar with the prashna system, which differ quite a bit from the western horary system. I uploaded the correct chart if you want to have a look, and the data used for this chart was 11 Apr 2019, 10:30am, Lyon, France.

And thank you for your detailed answer! It is said in your quote that
Quote:
First Station is not so bad as Retrogradation
, so there is still some hope Wink
Tanit3333

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retrograde planets are also very common in charts where you are asking about a matter that you have already tried and are repeating, so it seems relevant and radical for the situation.
Tanit3333

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I will add that is something I see a lot (and is true in the case of my chart that is like yours) is that traditional sources such as Lilly state that applying to a retrograde planet can show giving up a matter of your own free will:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/tobyn3.html

In the case of my chart, one of my favorite professors sent me a cryptic email asking me about my future plans. I wasn't sure how to respond because I did not understand his intent, so I created a chart. I saw that he, as Jupiter, wished to help me (Mercury) but as Jupiter retrograde I was the one who would dismiss his help. The Moon was also VOC. I replied honestly about my plans. He offered to provide assistance in applying to a PhD program at my current school because he thinks I am an outstanding student. I told him it was not feasible for me and that I already had another option that allowed me to keep my current job while doing a PhD. I believe I had poor dignity because I was not interested in the matter and knew it would be too difficult for me on various levels and I was shown debilitated in the 7th house of relocation and change, which would be required for the opportunity that he offered. Anyway, I just thought I would share how a retrograde receiving planet can present itself!

Also, you mentioned Venus as a lottery and I just wanted to point out Mercury and Venus do not perfect an aspect within Pisces, due to the movement of Mercury over the past month. When Venus entered Pisces, Mercury was retro somewhere in the middle of the sign and then it went direct and got further ahead of Venus. This might be descriptive for you in some way, so just FYI. Hopefully you can make sense of whatever it means for you. For me, it ruled the 9th house of PhD programs.
Arya

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it was very helpful Tanit, thank you for sharing! I can see much better how to interpret the retrograde now. The poor dignity makes a lot more sense as well, as I also have some reservations about going there, it's mostly that I think I *should* go for my career, not that I am passionate about going. So maybe all this shows that it might not be the best choice for me, even if I get the visa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: