julian assange

i am working with the 3pm chart for assange.. there are a few charts to choose from, but i like the 3pm chart at this point.. what i find intriguing about this chart is the conjunction of mars with rahu in the 3rd... mars is exalted in capricorn - on the exaltation degree to be exact and is ruler of the scorpio ascendant.. from reading on planets connected to the nodes, it appears there are a lot of different viewpoints on just what this means - good or bad... again, it is a bit like superstition with some folks seeing it as a negative, while others are more receptive to it being a positive, depending on other considerations, such as what the planet is and etc. etc. etc.. at any rate, i do find this fascinating...

the mars-nodal axis is on the midheaven axis as well, although i don't exactly understand how the midheaven degree is viewed in indian astrology.. it appears to depend on the particular system of indian astrology the astrologer uses.. whatever it means, this person has very much been in the public eye which would support the idea of ketu having a special talent in conjunction to the midheaven here - for being a really well known public figure... it might also imply his relationship with his mom is particularly important..

does the idea of being a political prisoner of sorts come out of the moon in the 12th ruling the 9th house? i suppose this is one way to read it.. i am trying to understand why he was arrested on april 11th 2019 as opposed to any other date.. of course i am dealing with a rounded out birth time which doesn't help... saturn has been transiting the moons third house, so t saturn continues to make a 100% aspect to the moon in assanges chart... or do i have that wrong and the sextile or 60 is only forward and not backward? saturn aspects the 3rd, not the 11th? is that correct? i realize it aspects the 10th and 7th as full aspects..

i suppose the other idea worth mentioning is how saturn in taurus on the descendant plays into this by being the ruler of the mars in cap/rahu conjunction.. thoughts anyone? thanks...

Re: julian assange

james_m wrote: saturn has been transiting the moons third house, so t saturn continues to make a 100% aspect to the moon in assanges chart... or do i have that wrong and the sextile or 60 is only forward and not backward? saturn aspects the 3rd, not the 11th? is that correct? i realize it aspects the 10th and 7th as full aspects..]
Hi James:
Om Sri Ganeshaye Namah!

I have classes today and tomorrow so I will be "oot and aboot" (LOL) so not a lot of time so I will comment on what I can...
This is very important! First of all for predictive accuracy transits should only be considered from the ascendant no matter what the Jyotish texts and others say. Transits in the Moon chart are less than of secondary importance.

Aspects in Indian astrology are counted forward, or with the zodiacal order of signs. Saturn has special full aspects, the third and tenth. So, to recap, Saturn has full aspect on the 1st, 3rd, 7th, and 10th houses from its position. Be careful with wide aspects, they count but in a different way. Mostly they come out in the later stages of life. Zodiacal longitude counts! Generally and I'm saying generally, there are special conditions but for now and simplicity sake... anything over one pada, or 3 deg 20 minutes is a rather weak aspect, except in the cases of malefics but then still don't go beyond five degrees. Closer to exactitude the stronger the influence. Parashara confirms this!

Okay, different gear...
There is not a clear transiting event for Assange's arrest on April 11th, I agree. In Indian astrology everything has dasha, and once in awhile there is no clear transiting contacts but the dasha is clear. Dasha is often used in rectification. This is a bit of an aside but transit can supersede dasha, usually never the other way around. Something to keep in mind for predictive accuracy.

Assange is currently running Me/Ve period through May of 2020 with natal Venus, as the 12th lord of restraint and imprisonment is weak in early degrees and badly placed in the eighth house of obstacles and death-like situations.
The Antar dasha of Jupiter (through May 5th) is currently active too at the time and of his being forcibly expelled and arrested by Metro Police on April 11th. Transiting Jupiter is also utterly weak and ghandhata which could imply the "end" state of the protective sanctuary as being lord of the second house of status.

The earlier transit affliction of Mars to houses 7, 10, 1 and 2 as sixth lord of debts and disputes on the April 4th could have been the transiting catalyst, as it was announced on May 5th that his expulsion was predicted to be within "hours or days". Mars also simultaneously is exactly afflicting natal Saturn the lord of the fourth house of residence and mental peace.

The applying and close conjunction of transiting 4th lord and transiting Ketu is also adding to the pressure around this time.

I have not checked connections to the national chart of GB. There could be some connections there as the Assange situation is of international consequence.

reference:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11949341

Gotta run... Maybe more droppings from my bird brain later. LOL

hi aj,

thanks! this is a really good overview and helpful once again! and, it is the first time i have been greeted with Om Sri Ganeshaye Namah!

i had to look up ghandhata, but the closest i could find in the dictionary you gave me via the pdf has gandanta...

Gandanta: According to some astrologers, its correct form should be Khandant [cvie] end of a division. In particular'this term stands for the junction point where sign and asterism end simultaneously. It is considered to be a very dangerous/critical
area..

this is in reference to your comment about the position of jupiter transit... perhaps what is meant by ghandhala is that a planet moving into the 2nd house loses any value to the ascendant? this is my guess, but only a guess.. is this what ghandala means??

it was interesting your use of the dasas - me/ve period here - to help inform what is taking place at present.. i had looked at and considered this too, but it is good to see you also factor this into your overview here.. the saturn dasa from approx 1995 to 2011 seems to have brought julian assange out and into a very prominent light on the world stage.. from reading the book on shadbala i discovered how saturn on the descendant is considered a very strong powerful position in itself... without going into other considerations for shadbala, i thought this was interesting.. of course the period 2010 was a most important turning point for assange when he really became famous on the world stage... and in august 2010 he visited sweden...this was the beginning of his legal troubles that have persisted into today... i wonder just how important the jupiter-saturn transit opposition was in light of the importance of 2010 in the course of his life here?? if you take in pluto transit - it is at the top of this opposition by transit..

if you look at the transits for august 2010, you will see the same jupiter-saturn opposition that runs across his ascendant axis, in the 11th-5th house.. that is saturn in the 11th and jupiter in the 5th in opposition along the natal pluto degree line... i find this very interesting for a few reasons... saturn in the 11th aspects the ascendant for one... the tie in with 5th house - romance and 11th house - collective work of wikileaks with others is more of what was happening here... venus also participates in the transits of saturn-jupiter at this time... the dasa at this time is saturn/rahu...

i am going to stop here for now! thanks for the many insights you provide in this post aj.. i really appreciate it!

addendum - keep in mind - the 3pm is a tentative and potentially wrong birth time! below is a biwheel of transits for the time of his arrest 11th april 2019 in london off this 3pm chart we have for assange...

hi james,

Assange`s birth time 3 p.m. should be approximately right.

There must be planetary pictures for the events in life.
For the prison comes in my opinion saturn/node and sun/node midpoints into question.

Harmonic 16 :

transit saturn/node = transit sun = natal saturn/node
transit node = natal sun

secondary sun/node = natal sun
secondary converse sun/node = natal node

solar sun/node = natal node
lunar sun/node = natal node

vedic :

Krishnamurti Ayanamsa ,using true sidereal solar years .

Mercury Maha Dasa : Mercury (sub lord Mars) is with Ketu and receives jaimini aspect from Saturn.Mercury located 9th house (badhaka house) in Rasi.Lord of 9th house (badhaka house)is moon and located in 12th house.

Badhaka houses are harmful.
The badhaka houses are the 11th for those born in Cardinal(moveable) signs, the 9th for those born in Fixed signs, and the 7th for those born in Mutable(dual) signs

Venus Antar Dasa : Sub lord of Venus is Ketu

Jupiter Pratyantar Dasa : Sub lord of Jupiter is Saturn. Jupiter located in the Navamsa in the 12th house and receives in the Navamsa jaimini aspect from Ketu.
Jupiter receives aspect from saturn in Rasi.

Mars Sookshama-antar Dasa : Sub lord of Mars is Saturn und also aspected by Saturn (jaimini)

Rahu Praana-antar Dasa : Sub lord of Rahu is Sun.
Sun is in 8th House in Rasi and with saturn 7th House in Navamsa.

When he was sentenced on 1 May 2019 at Southwark Crown Court to 50 weeks imprisonment, was Praana-antar-dasa-lord ketu.Sub lord of ketu is moon.

That is, in this period are the node and saturn very important.
https://archive.org/details/@cemalcicek

hi linchi,

thanks for your comments! i feel like i am still learning a lot about indian astrology.. much, but not all of what you share, i understand and see... i recall our conversations previously about using harmonics - 16th harmonic and etc.. i was able to quickly understand all this that you articulated.. this quote immediately below is good and clear for the most part.. how are jaimini aspects defined? that is the one part i don't know about... saturn by sign is in sag, while mercury rasi is in cancer.. the orb is 183, or thereabouts - an opposition by transit essentially..
linchi wrote: Mercury Maha Dasa : Mercury (sub lord Mars) is with Ketu and receives jaimini aspect from Saturn.Mercury located 9th house (badhaka house) in Rasi.Lord of 9th house (badhaka house)is moon and located in 12th house.
i was reading up on badhaka houses just the other day.. i see what you are saying here.. essentially cancer and mercury in cancer is a problem from the scorpio rising point of view..
linchi wrote: Badhaka houses are harmful.
The badhaka houses are the 11th for those born in Cardinal(moveable) signs, the 9th for those born in Fixed signs, and the 7th for those born in Mutable(dual) signs
here on down, it is more confusing for me to understand what you are getting at or communicating.. perhaps i will figure this out over the course of time... thanks linchi! james
linchi wrote:Venus Antar Dasa : Sub lord of Venus is Ketu

Jupiter Pratyantar Dasa : Sub lord of Jupiter is Saturn. Jupiter located in the Navamsa in the 12th house and receives in the Navamsa jaimini aspect from Ketu.
Jupiter receives aspect from saturn in Rasi.

Mars Sookshama-antar Dasa : Sub lord of Mars is Saturn und also aspected by Saturn (jaimini)

Rahu Praana-antar Dasa : Sub lord of Rahu is Sun.
Sun is in 8th House in Rasi and with saturn 7th House in Navamsa.

When he was sentenced on 1 May 2019 at Southwark Crown Court to 50 weeks imprisonment, was Praana-antar-dasa-lord ketu.Sub lord of ketu is moon.

That is, in this period are the node and saturn very important.

i thought i would share an overlay of the navamsha chart on the outer wheel with natal chart on the inside for assange... is special importance given when the ascendant is in the same place in both charts as it is here?? obviously it puts greater emphasis on mars position...

on a related matter, i see my solar fire program will only spit out the navamsha and divisional charts using the lahari method.. mute point perhaps...

hi james,
james_m wrote: .. how are jaimini aspects defined? ..
Jaimini aspects :

1) movable signs aspect all fixed signs except the adjacent sign

2) fixed signs movable signs except the adjacent one

3)dual signs aspect each other.

here on down, it is more confusing for me to understand what you are getting at or communicating.. perhaps i will figure this out over the course of time...
I wanted to show up to the smallest of dasa periods, either sublord (KP astrology) of dasa planets or the dasa planet itself to do with the saturn or node.

Dasas :

Maha Dasa
Antar Dasa
Pratyantar Dasa
Sookshama-antar Dasa
Praana-antar Dasa
https://archive.org/details/@cemalcicek

james_m wrote:Gandanta: According to some astrologers, its correct form should be Khandant [cvie] end of a division. In particular'this term stands for the junction point where sign and asterism end simultaneously. It is considered to be a very dangerous/critical
area..

this is in reference to your comment about the position of jupiter transit... perhaps what is meant by ghandhala is that a planet moving into the 2nd house loses any value to the ascendant? this is my guess, but only a guess.. is this what ghandala means??
In my rush I misspelled the term, I dropped the "n"... sorry.

To really understand ghandhanta you need to know the concept of sectors. There are actually three sectors to the twelve signs in Indian astrology.
The first is from Aries to Cancer, this is Sristhi Kanda (literally “creative sector???).
The second from Leo to Scorpio, this is Sthiti Kanda (literally “stable sector???).
The third is from Sagittarius to Pisces, this is Samhara Kanda (literally “destructive sector???).

Kandhanta or Ghandhanta are just different spellings of the same thing. Guess I could drop the additional “h??? so I will use Gandhanta spelling here on out.

Gandhanta literally means “end knot??? and is when a planet crosses a sign boundary in modern usage but this is not correct. Technically, Gandhanta is when a planet crosses the cusp between a water sign into a fire sign. Also stands for the junction point where sign and star (asterism/Nakshatra) end simultaneously. Traditionally considered inauspicious and difficult to the point that if a child is born with the ascendant or the Moon here it is likely to die. If it survives then into maturity or old age they will be illustrious and wealthy.
The Gandhanta points are at the cusp of
Cancer and Leo/Makha star
Scorpio and Sagittarius/Moola star
Pisces and Aries/Aswini star

Hope this fuller definition helps in understanding retrograding transit Jupiter's role in Assange's chart. Once tJu clears Gandhanta it actually does just fine in Scorpio unless weakened on other accounts such as old age (late degrees) etc.

hi aj,

thanks and no problem! i have seen this a lot in my short time learning indian astrology... different spellings and etc - meaning the same thing, but spelt slightly differently and etc..

i hear what you are saying about this transition, or critical turning points... i wonder what the actual basis for it is? an adjustment of sorts? water seems to suggest the end and fire the beginning.. it has to start and end somewhere! perhaps this is why the popularity of putting the start of the zodiac at zero aries... all birth is critical.. maybe having a birth at this point of emphasis makes it more critical.. i don't know.. it is hard to know how to separate the research data of others from the superstition data of others!

i was looking at the solar arc, progs and etc data to assanges 3pm chart using the april 11th 2019 arrest time.. it seems to me something of relevance would show up in some of these predictive charts... so, first - here is the solar arc directions.. you will note the moon has just moved into sag - zero degree and in the same spot at the transiting jupiter.. of course moon is the planet ruling the 9th in this 3pm chart and as linchi pointed out, the 9th is the badhaka house ruler... here is what the chart looks like with assange 3pm chart on the inside...

but perhaps the most poignant chart is the secondary prog charts as you will find the placement of the moon in this chart quite critical.. in the sec prog chart the moon moves approx 1 degree per month... again, the moon rules the badhaka house to this 3pm chart...

important note - a few of these biwheels i used a 320pm time for assange.. i was playing around with the 3pm time and as i have so many charts opened, all saying julian assange 3pm time, i hadn't noticed this until now.. so, ignore the slight change on the ascendant and if you want you can enter the data on your own and see the slight difference here..

on a related note, i was seeing how transit neptune will be on the midpoint of mercury-moon right into the end of 2019 and into 2020 some... i was looking at the solar eclipse on dec 26 2019... this is what it looks like on a biwheel with the 3pm chart on the inside... although assange might not have any greater clarity on his living situation by the end of 2019, i think this eclipse and time frame might bring greater clarity over his situation into 2020.. we'll see...

james_m wrote:hi aj,

thanks and no problem! i have seen this a lot in my short time learning indian astrology... different spellings and etc - meaning the same thing, but spelt slightly differently and etc..

i hear what you are saying about this transition, or critical turning points... i wonder what the actual basis for it is? an adjustment of sorts? water seems to suggest the end and fire the beginning.. it has to start and end somewhere! perhaps this is why the popularity of putting the start of the zodiac at zero aries... all birth is critical.. maybe having a birth at this point of emphasis makes it more critical.. i don't know.. it is hard to know how to separate the research data of others from the superstition data of others!

i was looking at the solar arc, progs and etc data to assanges 3pm chart using the april 11th 2019 arrest time.. it seems to me something of relevance would show up in some of these predictive charts... so, first - here is the solar arc directions.. you will note the moon has just moved into sag - zero degree and in the same spot at the transiting jupiter.. of course moon is the planet ruling the 9th in this 3pm chart and as linchi pointed out, the 9th is the badhaka house ruler... here is what the chart looks like with assange 3pm chart on the inside...

but perhaps the most poignant chart is the secondary prog charts as you will find the placement of the moon in this chart quite critical.. in the sec prog chart the moon moves approx 1 degree per month... again, the moon rules the badhaka house to this 3pm chart...

Not really speaking of Assange necessarily but Gandhata periods are times of cleansing for the concerned planets energies. Many karmic energies are dredged up first and then swept away especially with the slow moving planets! The current tJu one is quite unique as Ju is on station right on the Gandhanta point of Sg and Sc and combined with the ongoing dance of Saturn with Ketu presents some very complex/unsettled energies right now. Sg and Sc are very different energies.

The conjunction of Saturn and Ketu in Sagittarius between May 2019, to October 2019, is liable to be very challenging for many people and countries so folks should be looking at their charts and be prepared. Difficulties and stress will the worst for those born in the sidereal (Lahiri) ascending signs of Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn, and Pisces especially with the ascending degree from 27° to 19°.

On a mundane level there the possibility for economic reversals and severe natural calamities for nations. Political problems will worsen and for some countries war. Countries and individuals that have an ascending degree from 27° to 19° will be affected the most. We have been seeing the effects for the last few weeks now, strap in, more calamities to come in the following months.

Right now in the chart for India for example, the exact conjunction of the moon's Nodes with Saturn and the close mutual affliction of Jupiter and Mars firmly betokens losses from natural clamities, sudden disturbance in national harmony and so on. Storm FANI.

Patience is certainly required during this time.

On a lighter note... Yep, see what you mean in the 2P chart about the progressed Moon caught up in the natal Rahu/Ketu axis on the time of his arrest.

As far as badhaka is concerned I don't use this concept as it is a Jaimini one. Parashari is hard enough for me without hyberdizing in other systems! Argala is found in BPHS but is likely not original to it and is applied in an indescriminate manner within the text. I haven't personally studied argala much but have it on good authority that the way it is presented in BPHS is not the correct method. None of my Jyotish gurus ever used argala. Doesn't mean the principle isn't sound, its just a different system.

Going back into lurking mode for awhile. Anybody really needs me PM or email.

hi aj,

thanks for going into more detail on gandhata for me.. i appreciate this and all else you comment on here.. i was unaware that badhaka is a jaimini technique.. the task of knowing what is what in indian astrology is rather daunting and perhaps why the system of having a guru is extremely helpful..

thanks for your comments on the astrology in general here and how it might apply to different ascendants and the chart you are working with for india.. i hope all works out for those affected by the fani storm.. they have evacuated many people already.. which chart do you use for india - jan 26 1950, or aug 15 1947? thanks..